Hi from Aussie land.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi,

My name is Marilyn & I am from Australia. I am looking forward to getting to know some new people & having interesting discussions with my brothers & sisters in the Lord.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Marilyn C said:
Hi,

My name is Marilyn & I am from Australia. I am looking forward to getting to know some new people & having interesting discussions with my brothers & sisters in the Lord.

G'day Marilyn.

Welcome from another Aussie, from Brisbane. Are you free to share where you live in this great land?

OzSpen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Marilyn!
mjlaf5.gif

Glad to have you aboard...I hope you enjoy your time here!
2h4f94x.gif

See you around the board
2450mf5.gif

Bless ya!
34nno0o.gif

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OzSpen said:
G'day Marilyn.

Welcome from another Aussie, from Brisbane. Are you free to share where you live in this great land?

OzSpen
Hi OzSpen,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I can share. I am from south of the border, Vic, near the Murray River. Great place Australia, ay.

Marilyn.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
Welcome :) as you can see we have a few Aussies here.
Hi StanJ,

Great. Thanks for your welcome. Nice to see a friendly, smiley face.

Marilyn.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Angelina said:
Hi Marilyn!
mjlaf5.gif

Glad to have you aboard...I hope you enjoy your time here!
2h4f94x.gif

See you around the board
2450mf5.gif

Bless ya!
34nno0o.gif
Hi Angelina,

What a technicolour welcome, thanks. Brighten anyone`s day.

Blessings, Marilyn.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Marilyn C said:
Hi OzSpen,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I can share. I am from south of the border, Vic, near the Murray River. Great place Australia, ay.

Marilyn.
Thanks, Marilyn.

I know some of your part of the world as I used to be a TV news reader in Shepparton many moons ago - along with being co-host of GMV (now WIN) Juniors with Joey, the clown.

Oz

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi OzSpen,

My hubby, Trevor remembers the show as he has lived near Shepparton for most of his life. We live on a farm not too far from there. We do like travelling north & seeing the great outback. Brisbane, as I remember is like a big country town.

All the best, Marilyn.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
Marilyn C said:
Hi OzSpen,

My hubby, Trevor remembers the show as he has lived near Shepparton for most of his life. We live on a farm not too far from there. We do like travelling north & seeing the great outback. Brisbane, as I remember is like a big country town.

All the best, Marilyn.
hi Marilyn and OZ, from your brother/cousin from NZ. Lol i threw a dart so to speak and took a train out to shepparton and did a day cherry picking. It was a run by a middle east middle man syndicate and not direct to the farmer, and alot of Euro backpackers seemed stranded, not making enough to move on as pay was low and work sporadic and spent more living than saving.

picking once when i was in Melbourne for a conference.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi r4hnsn,

The land of the long white cloud, ay. Been over your way many times as have had relations there. Did the Milford track when I was younger & even went to Bible College at Te Nikau north of Wellington at Paraparaumu. Do you live N/S island?

As re Shep. yes we are a fruit growing area. You did well to pick the cherries. Ate some I imagine. :D

Blessings, Marilyn.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
Marilyn C said:
Hi r4hnsn,

The land of the long white cloud, ay. Been over your way many times as have had relations there. Did the Milford track when I was younger & even went to Bible College at Te Nikau north of Wellington at Paraparaumu. Do you live N/S island?

As re Shep. yes we are a fruit growing area. You did well to pick the cherries. Ate some I imagine. :D

Blessings, Marilyn.
yep some for me and some for the master, yummy but only earnt $60 for a long days work, packed in and took the train back to Melbourne.
Really? you did Te Nikau bible school lol. I did 10 day summmer soul school about 1992.
I live in Hamilton, born n raised 20kms out east of it, but i started travelling 14yrs ago at age 40 and cant stop. But you've done Milford sound, i never made it there despite two S.I trips.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Marilyn C said:
Hi OzSpen,

All the best, Marilyn.
Marilyn,

Is yours an orchard (which fruit?), dairy or some other kind of farm? In which direction are you from Shepparton? N, S, E or W? We used to have friends in Kyabram.

My wife and I used to attend Shepparton Baptist Church.

How did you come to locate us at Christianity Board?

Blessings,
Oz

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi OzSpen,

I found this forum by Googling Christian Forums & checked it out. Liked the headings & read some discussions. People seemed to be discussing God`s word well. We live on a beef & hay farm. It is towards Kyabram. I do know the Shep Baptist as they have a very nice building south of Shep & I did a bread demo for their ladies groups years ago. Small world, ay. You would probably know Alan Scott the street preacher.

All the best, Marilyn.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
r4hnsn said:
yep some for me and some for the master, yummy but only earnt $60 for a long days work, packed in and took the train back to Melbourne.
Really? you did Te Nikau bible school lol. I did 10 day summmer soul school about 1992.
I live in Hamilton, born n raised 20kms out east of it, but i started travelling 14yrs ago at age 40 and cant stop. But you've done Milford sound, i never made it there despite two S.I trips.
Hi r4hnsn,

Well how is that, you went to Te Nikau. I stayed on campus for about 3 months & really enjoyed myself. I do love NZ & think the people & the country are quaint, nice & friendly. Where have you travelled to? A girl friend of mine has travelled all over the world, in backpackers etc. A cheap way to go. Good on you.

Marilyn.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
hi Marilyn, I first travelled to Zambia of all places. After reading of the revivals God did through Charles Finney and Father Nash (Nash was the unseen force and intercessor) i so longed to see a revival with real Christian fruits that i was willing to do anything and go anywhere. So when I read in a christian monthly mag that a Zambia was 80% christian and a revivalist named Rev Evans Chibuskunda had been in Wellington NZ but had gone back, i went immediatley to book a flight there. I couldnt find anyone who had his contact details, but article said he was close friend of the President of Zambia who was also a Christian. So i rang directory and then phoned up my brother (the Zambian President) whose secretary knew the Rev Evans and happily gave me his details.

When booking my first flight ever, they told me i could go to five other countries for an extra $400 on a round the world trip! I said sign me up and chose OZ, Uk, France and USA and embarked on crazy unscripted journey with no visas, no backpacker bookings and ticking the previous convictions box on the travel cards. Oz was the only airport that took me aside and were threating to send me home had i not had a letter from immirgration saying my 20 yr old convictions were not antisocial?? (they all were drunken escapades) Pre Christian days.

Since then ive been all over on various missions to find real revival power and anointing, but these days im trying to break through for personal revival and miracles. Ive been used in a very small way to see some healings by His hand but my heart is to see true christian holiness take hold of the churches, myself included.

Oh and the Zambian experience was abit of a let down, except that it opened my eyes to the vast needs of 3rd world nations. And I also got to see why Victoria Falls is one of the 7 wonders of the world. It`s a must see and a wonder to behold, how great is our God.!!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi r4hnsn,

Thank you for sharing some of your journey. How amazing to just up & off. Well it seems like you have a deep hunger for things of the Lord. And to have been able to see many places around God`s earth, how wonderful. I`m sure you have many exciting & funny stories. I`m always `all ears,` if ever you want to share something bro.

Do you know of Andrew Strom? He is a New Zealander & has a site `Revival school` or something like that. But just Google his name. I get his posts which are interesting. Recently he sent out a link to a movie by a friend of his - https://thelastreformationmovie.com/ I have watched the beginning (1 hr & 30 mins) & thought it very good. It shows what God is doing `out in the streets,` out from man`s organisations & through the Body of Christ all over the world. Hope you enjoy it if you are able to watch.

Blessings, Marilyn.

And tonight I watched the whole movie & was sooooooo blessed. Sooooo amazing what God is doing out of man`s organisations, in the streets through everyday people. I know you will see what your heart has been longing for.....God moving in people`s lives all over the world, where ever, through His disciples.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
Hi Marilyn, thanks for the link, i look forward to watching it. I do know of Andrew Strom (of course lol) and went to a meeting of his in Auckland once, He also read Finney and was impacted to push for revival. If we all push together the walls will come down. 2 Chron 7:14 is a promise for revival, but the conditions must be met to make it irresistible for God to act.

Im quite an impulsive person, but if I had thought it through my travels I probably wouldnt have gone as im also agoraphobic (fear of not getting back home). In fact as the time draws near to going my anxiety is almost sky high, and i just shut my eyes so to speak and go. Its the target that gets me there and then i take the fastest way home lol.

Many more stories, i might post in other topics to encourage others. Where, how did you and hubby come to Christ?

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Feel free to post. Do not be shy at all. God bless you!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
JPPT1974 said:

Hello and welcome! Feel free to post. Do not be shy at all. God bless you!
Hi JPPT 1974,

Thanks for that warm welcome. And yes I will certainly be posting soon.

Marilyn.