Hi from Aussie land.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
r4hnsn said:

Hi Marilyn, thanks for the link, i look forward to watching it. I do know of Andrew Strom (of course lol) and went to a meeting of his in Auckland once, He also read Finney and was impacted to push for revival. If we all push together the walls will come down. 2 Chron 7:14 is a promise for revival, but the conditions must be met to make it irresistible for God to act.

Im quite an impulsive person, but if I had thought it through my travels I probably wouldnt have gone as im also agoraphobic (fear of not getting back home). In fact as the time draws near to going my anxiety is almost sky high, and i just shut my eyes so to speak and go. Its the target that gets me there and then i take the fastest way home lol.

Many more stories, i might post in other topics to encourage others. Where, how did you and hubby come to Christ?
Hi r4hnsn,

That would be a good idea to post those topics so all can be encouraged. As to how my hubby & I came to the Lord - We were both brought up in Christian homes but eventually had to make our own decisions to receive the Lord. I went forward as a teenager in the Billy Graham evangelistic meetings in Melbourne, (Australia) while Trevor was in his late 20`s was lead to conversion by his mother after a street evangelist convicted him by the Holy Spirit.

How about you?

Have a good day, bro, Marilyn.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Marilyn C said:
Hi OzSpen,

I found this forum by Googling Christian Forums & checked it out. Liked the headings & read some discussions. People seemed to be discussing God`s word well. We live on a beef & hay farm. It is towards Kyabram. I do know the Shep Baptist as they have a very nice building south of Shep & I did a bread demo for their ladies groups years ago. Small world, ay. You would probably know Alan Scott the street preacher.

All the best, Marilyn.
Marilyn,

Thanks for sharing how you found us.

No, I don't know Alan Scott. Does he do street preaching in Shepparton?

I know the former Shep MP, Don Kilgour. When I was TV newsreader at GMV6, I played cricket with him on the Shepparton Youth Club team. I was such an absolute novice who didn't know how to play a ball with a straight bat and had to be taught from the very beginning with basic shots. Don was a radio announcer on 3SR at the time, along with his brother, Rod.

Small world alright.

Oz

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OzSpen said:
Marilyn,

Thanks for sharing how you found us.

No, I don't know Alan Scott. Does he do street preaching in Shepparton?

I know the former Shep MP, Don Kilgour. When I was TV newsreader at GMV6, I played cricket with him on the Shepparton Youth Club team. I was such an absolute novice who didn't know how to play a ball with a straight bat and had to be taught from the very beginning with basic shots. Don was a radio announcer on 3SR at the time, along with his brother, Rod.

Small world alright.

Oz
Hi OzSpen,

Can you share about this forum, how it started, what country, when etc.

Trevor (hubby) would like to know when you were the news reader (if you can share).

Alan Scott is /was (not sure) a street preacher in Shep & other towns around.

Blessings, Marilyn.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
Marilyn C said:
Hi r4hnsn,

That would be a good idea to post those topics so all can be encouraged. As to how my hubby & I came to the Lord - We were both brought up in Christian homes but eventually had to make our own decisions to receive the Lord. I went forward as a teenager in the Billy Graham evangelistic meetings in Melbourne, (Australia) while Trevor was in his late 20`s was lead to conversion by his mother after a street evangelist convicted him by the Holy Spirit.

How about you?

Have a good day, bro, Marilyn.
The short version is that i had made a mess of my life, and at age 28 i cried out in anguish "God i dont want to live like this anymore"! I didnt believe God was real, but He heard my cry, and i was led to phone a number in the yellow pages. The guy invited me to meal and i ended up doing a 6 week study called "christianity explained, on the last week i just believed Jesus was God and asked Him into my life. Everything was new, i was born again.

The long winded version is in the testimonies under "Stony atheistic heart".

Have you been on any short or long term mission.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Marilyn C said:
Hi OzSpen,

Can you share about this forum, how it started, what country, when etc.

Trevor (hubby) would like to know when you were the news reader (if you can share).

Alan Scott is /was (not sure) a street preacher in Shep & other towns around.

Blessings, Marilyn.
Marilyn,

You'll need to ask moderators about the start of the forum as I've only been here for 12 months.

I'll talk with you about the other details in a PM (private message).

Oz

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
r4hnsn said:
The short version is that i had made a mess of my life, and at age 28 i cried out in anguish "God i dont want to live like this anymore"! I didnt believe God was real, but He heard my cry, and i was led to phone a number in the yellow pages. The guy invited me to meal and i ended up doing a 6 week study called "christianity explained, on the last week i just believed Jesus was God and asked Him into my life. Everything was new, i was born again.

The long winded version is in the testimonies under "Stony atheistic heart".

Have you been on any short or long term mission.
Hi r4hnsn,

Thank you, I will certainly look up & read your testimony as it sounds such a God happening, (as all are). No I haven`t been on a `mission trip,` overseas, but was/am led by the Lord to reach out in this area. 15 years ago the Lord led me to start mentoring a few & then helping them to mentor a few, & thus we have grown. So it is a `mission` in the general sense. Quite a challenge & a real joy to see others grow in the Lord.

Marilyn.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OzSpen said:

Marilyn,

You'll need to ask moderators about the start of the forum as I've only been here for 12 months.

I'll talk with you about the other details in a PM (private message).

Oz
Thank you Oz. I quite understand about the need for privacy.

Marilyn.