Hillsong (Hellsong) Megachurch Exposed (TLC Series)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like I should be able to recognized Justin Bieber, but since I never liked him, from the time I first time I laid my eyes on him, I haven't followed him, therefor as he's gotten older I don't recognize him. lol
Lol. Nor was I ever a fan.
However, Lentz exploited his relationship with him after making news as his pastor who brought the Gospel to JB's attention.

It's not a good look when it turns out JB, who no longer claims Lentz as his pastor, has more Christian morals than his pastor.
Is this therapy for you, talking about this stuff? I think it would be Godly to care about these people. Praying for them and stuff. But honestly I just don't feel anything for them. I guess I need God to clean up my heart. In my opinion these people are weird.
It's a community service to warn about a wolves false church.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all the churches in my area or sham churches. But I don't just say it. I actually attended them for multiple years before coming to that conclusion. One such church I was at for over 13 years. Several others I spent a couple of years at... None of these were mega churches. But some of them were big and some were small. It all boils down to, are the leaders following the bible or are they making compromises to attract the people they want in the church. Once the church is built on a certain kind of person, then they turn into clicks. Then if you don't fit the click then you will always be treated like an outsider no matter how much you try to fit in.
:Bestest:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel that on the internet that everything is so noisy that you can't tell truth from lies. Like on youtube there are countless people trying to expose "false" teachers. It sounds to me like, "I'm right listen to me." "No I'm right, listen to me!" It's almost like a competition to see who can get the most people to "listen" to them. I like to just turn it all off, and let God teach me through the Bible.
I think that is the best way Always. It helps with keeping our spiritual sanity in a good place.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel that on the internet that everything is so noisy that you can't tell truth from lies. Like on youtube there are countless people trying to expose "false" teachers. It sounds to me like, "I'm right listen to me." "No I'm right, listen to me!" It's almost like a competition to see who can get the most people to "listen" to them. I like to just turn it all off, and let God teach me through the Bible.
Does God teach in the Bible that we are to expose false teachers?

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Lord's spirit is peace and love. And that promotes reverence, I don't fall for sham churches.

Did you know that any "church" that teaches that """"'water washes away your sin""" is a "sham church?

Have you ever met a person who believes that water washed away their sin, dev553344 ??

Imagine them telling that to Jesus when He's up on the Cross shedding His Blood for their sin.

Do you suppose CHRIST THE SAVIOR.....would agree that Water washed away their sin?

Its interesting that these "cult victims'" can never think about that, as if they could, they would no longer want to remain in that "sham-church" situation.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:11
11 "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. 11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. 11 Don't waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness."

Looks like He does want this. Just be prepared to be shunned and ousted for the Lord. Then rejoice over it! :)

Just what I see...

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:11
11 "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. 11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. 11 Don't waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness."

Looks like He does want this. Just be prepared to be shunned and ousted for the Lord. Then rejoice over it! :)

Just what I see...
Exactly .
And here is another reminder that might just put the fear of GOD right into the souls of some folks .
What did GOD tell a certain church that was not exposing the deeds of a false prophetess
but rather was just letting her teach the people .
I HAVE THIS against you , YOU ALLOW that false prophtess to teach and to seduce my people .
SPOT ON RIGHT SISTER .
So perhaps now some folks wont accuse me of being judgmental or a hater
cause i expose them charlatons . ones like kenny and the bennys , ones like pope franics
and this ecumincal all inclusive social gospel lie . MARCH ON in the trenches .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that any "church" that teaches that """"'water washes away your sin""" is a "sham church?

Have you ever met a person who believes that water washed away their sin, dev553344 ??

Imagine them telling that to Jesus when He's up on the Cross shedding His Blood for their sin.

Do you suppose CHRIST THE SAVIOR.....would agree that Water washed away their sin?

Its interesting that these "cult victims'" can never think about that, as if they could, they would no longer want to remain in that "sham-church" situation.
Yeah and how much worse THEN is it when churches UNITE under and have fellowship
WITH THOSE WHO TEACH N PREACH , muslims , buddists , atheists and etc HAVE NO NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
THAT IN FACT they are serving the same GOD we do and all they need to do is GOOD TO HUMANITY .
Yeah . WE better watch out WITH WHAT and with WHOM WE KEEPING COMPANY .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its really sad to watch just what this judge not generation seems to be uniting with and having fellowship with
and BELIEVING WITH . JESUS IS GETTING TROD RIGHT UNDER FOOT .
BUt for the sake of unity and love , NO ONE SEEMS TO GIVE A RIP and rather THEY JUST JOIN IN
and HOLLER WE ALL GODS KIDDOS . and pick up rainbow flags and holler
all religoions are of GOD . What a mess and what an abomination .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Its really sad to watch just what this judge not generation seems to be uniting with and having fellowship with
and BELIEVING WITH . JESUS IS GETTING TROD RIGHT UNDER FOOT .
BUt for the sake of unity and love , NO ONE SEEMS TO GIVE A RIP and rather THEY JUST JOIN IN
and HOLLER WE ALL GODS KIDDOS . and pick up rainbow flags and holler
all religoions are of GOD . What a mess and what an abomination .

Not all will be saved, but the Cross of Christ gives us all the opportunity to be saved through Christ.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all will be saved, but the Cross of Christ gives us all the opportunity to be saved through Christ.
The CROSS OF CHRIST . not of budda , muhammed or any other dingleberry doctrine or mindset .
THE KEY . WELL LETS LET JESUS SAY what THE KEY IS .
THOSE WHO BELIEVE WILL BE SAVED , THOSE WHO BELIEVE NOT WILL BE DAMNED .
THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP . SO that just excluded all other religoins and inventions of men .
JESUS SAID HE WHO COMETH TO ME
HE didnt say HE WHO Cometh to budda and does good works would be saved .
HE DIDNT say HE who follows the teachings of MUHAMMED and does good will be saved .
HE didnt say He who beliveth not and yet has some good deeds and some love will be saved .
SO WHY THE HECK are so many , EVEN IN CHRISTENDOM now beleiveing THIS OTHER NONSENSE
that I KNOW WILL NOT SAVE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH wait , ITS cause a DELUSION that will UNITE ALL not in the lambs book of life HAS INDEED BEGAN .
AND IT WILL UNITE ALL not in the lambs BOOK of LIFE to BELIEVE THIS LIE
and they will be damned .
TAKE CLOSE HEED as to WHY and TO WHO GOD sends the strong delusion to beleive a lie and be damned .
TO THOSE WHO REJECTED . REJECTED THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH whereby THEY COULD BE SAVED .
SO my advice remains . PREACH JESUS CHRIST and abandon all hope in the social all inclusive ever growing
and broad road to GOD LIE . PREACH JESUS CHRIST , PREACH HIS GOSPEL .

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found that one passage of scripture. There seems to be a lot more telling you to just watch out for false teachers. What does the Bible have to say about a 100,000+ different people trying to do the same thing? Maybe that verse was just for the Ephesians to combat what was going on around them?
Imagine not taking the responsibility of exposing workers of darkness, false teachers.

Fake pastors are not serving the Kingdom. In the case of Hillsong, those "pastors" like kings.And served their own materialism.
It's on paper, their personal expenditures.

Thousands of dollars for a pair of sneakers! Over 1 million for a Rolex watch.

Meanwhile, the "volunteers", who set up the stage for the performance, 4 "sermons" each Sunday, worked for hours and hours without any payment.
Yes, volunteer means free labor.

However, in the case of the New York $Manhattan ministry, when those volunteers were facing homelessness because they couldn't afford to live there, Hillsong responded, when asked if the church community $funds could be used to help them, we're told it would be illegal to help them.

If you can't help the NY community that is solely responsible for setting up the stage for 4 broadcasts and in person services, who do you use that money for?

Jesus and his disciples and later the apostles, walked wherever they went.
And while Jesus told them to leave their purse at home and let those to whom they minister support them, I do not believe Jesus would have approved $80 million dollars in undeclared income being hidden from Caesar on tax returns. Stealing and lying, are sins.

As are the other charges against Hillsong. The father of its former present day president, Brian Houston, was an alleged serial pedophile. Those victims suffer to this day.

Houston is no angel. Nor did he protect his female flock from alleged sexual misconduct by Hillsong "pastors".
Hillsong was global at the time.

And there's more.
If we don't expose frauds who thrive in their darkness, we insure innocent people will continue as their next victims.

Imagine a gas leak deep inside a church basement due to a faulty heating system coupling.
Those who are aware of this say nothing. Rather, that since insures people will continue to enter that church on Sunday morning.

When that church explodes because of the water heaters pilot light igniting those gas fumes , those who knew of that faulty heating system are totally responsible for the destruction that followed.

If we have the courage to live and proclaim the Gospel, we have to have the courage to speak up against those who contaminate God's good news.

Reactions: Nancy

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel that is a "trick question". I know that I'm not going to go around trying to "expose false teachers". I'm a human being therefor if I do that I will make mistakes just like those on youtube are doing. That is why they earn the name "heresy hunters". The plank is so big in their eyes that they can't see to remove the plank in someone else eye. One time I listened to a video of a guy correcting someone that was correcting someone else. It was a correction of a correction of a correction. I wonder what an unbeliever thought when He heard something like that! Did it bring Him closer to believing in Christ or confuse him more and push him away?

I think sometimes we do need to expose stuff, but we need to be very careful about it. This whole thread is about something that has already been exposed. It's like the old saying: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it." People will choose to believe it or not. What would you have people to do? Burn the Hillsong Church to the ground? Publicly smash all the CDs and DVDs, and Blu-rays? Scream at the streaming services that promote the music, because it promotes the Church? See things it a bit extreme after a while. When something that I like goes bad, I usually just stop buying the product. But that doesn't convince anyone else to stop buying it.
Trick question?
The Bible and God tells us we are to do so.

Jesus exampled this to the money changers and the Pharisees.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine not taking the responsibility of exposing workers of darkness, false teachers.
Good grief!
Hillsong is a global church that had some leadership issues.
And you infer they are "workers of darkness"? Wow.

I think we need to figure out who the REAL enemy is.
HINT: It's not Hillsong.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ButterflyJones said:

Exactly! I like your post.

Who is a "false teacher"?
Anyone we might have a doctrinal disagreement with? (gray area)
They come in hot, with guns-a-blazin'.
Though the errors must be exposed . The answer is not all are false teachers who might teach a lil different on some things .
But they do need to still be corrected .
As for false teachers . I MEAN MEGA FALSE as in THEY OPPOSE GOD . Pope franics is one
and so too are many within the protestant realm too .
To list a few , and believe me this is but a few , i will list some of the MEGA MOST POPULAR ones . AND ONLY A few of them .
KENNETH COPELAND . BENNY HINN , JOYCE MEYERS , Todd white , the nar movement
the emergent movement , the prosperity gospel preachers , the social gospel preachers .
And a list of names i , nor any man has the time to list . THERE ARE MANY .
These aint teachers that might be off a bit on pre trib things or other small matters , THESE BE MEGA false ones .
OH man i forgot a massive one . RICK WARREN , Paula white , so many names coming to me
I cant keep up . PIPER , GOLL , Suddenly they are just popping into my head .
OH and forget the liberal churches , they all tanked massive .
But i guess this makes me a judgmental monster and hater . NOPE . It means by grace
and for years GOD had me in ONE BOOK . I learned and soon learned WHO and what was false .
THERE are some teachers , whom on small matters i do disagree with , BUT THEY AINT FALSE .
THE ONES I LISTED , THEY BIG TIME FALSE and that list can get a whole lot longer real fast if kept trying to remember all
then names . OH so many names .