His Face Will Be Hidden From Us

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
This chapter of Isaiah is so beautiful. He prepares us as He teaches of the last days and the days following. It teaches of those He loves.....

Isaiah 54:1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

Those that are barren shall sing! Does this mean we are not to have children? No, it means we are not to fall into temptation and idolatry/adultery with the false one. Those that do bear his child shall experience wrath....

Luke 21:22-23 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.​

54:5-6 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is His name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall He be called. For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

54:7-8 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid My face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

When does He forsake us and why? When is the wrath during which time His face is hidden and why is He hidden?​

54:9-10 For this is as the waters of Noah unto Me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

That tells us that the wrath we shall experience isn't His wrath. His kindness won't depart and yet there will be a "small moment" His face is hidden. We must be prepared for that time...when will it be? The clues are it will be a time of wrath, but not His wrath and that the time is "as the waters of Noah."

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​

The great tribulation of Satan, the last five months of this age is "as the days of Noah."

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.​

There we are answered. The wrath we will experience is the wrath of Satan and that is....great deception. But, it is for a "short time." This is the "small moment" God tells us we may feel "forsaken."​

54:14-15 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by Me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

54:16-17 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of Me, saith the LORD.

A question...how will His face be hidden? What does that mean? Is it because Satan will be here...showing his face as that of Christ?