His Name; JESUS = Matthew 1;21, 25

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, so did you ever wonder why translators chose Jesus instead of Joshua? Puzzles the heck out of me.
Yes, I did wonder. The best explanation I got is not very satisfying. Something like the germanization of his native name stuck. Kind of like the QWERTY keyboard stuck even though it was designed to be inefficient for the mechanical typewriter days. Compare to DVORAK

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I did wonder. The best explanation I got is not very satisfying. Something like the germanization of his native name stuck. Kind of like the QWERTY keyboard stuck even though it was designed to be inefficient for the mechanical typewriter days. Compare to DVORAK
And yes it is something like that Wrangler, Grailhunter answered it, it is because his name was not translated from Hebrew, rather from Greek which with the exception of possibly Matthew was the native language his name was penned in. I remembered that after he said it. My memory has done went on vacation. I was glad for the reminder though, and will be good until the next time I need reminded.