Holidays

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gumby

May 29, 2009
Ok CB members im going to go in depth about our modern holidays here, Easter: has its roots in pagan myths and fertility rights, eggs and bunnys are all man made and sun rise services have there crooked orgin. Ezekiel 8:15, Ezekiel 8:16, Ezekiel 8:17 And Ezekiel 8:18 should help. The next passage comes from Jeremiah 7:17, Jeremiah 7:18, Jeremiah 7:19 and Jeremiah 7:20. The only place that easter in mentioned in the bible is Acts 12:4 in the king james version. Thats due to crooked translaton though. Haloween: I know that this is supposed to be a fun holiday for people to pretend and all and that might be good to play dressup as certain innocent things such as clowns and other things but sadly there is a very very evil side to halloween as well. Vampires and zombies and werewolves are all myth. Same thing with mummies thats egyption culture and religion and has no place. The main thing i want to stress though with halloween this year is to keep it safe and fun for kids and dont dress your kids up as evil or demonic beings. I recognize the danger in that and i hope like i say yall will keep it a clean celebration of the fall. Pumpkins and candy there are no actaul sin in though as well as apples. Ephesians 6:12 and 1st Peter 5:8 should help. Thanksgiving: Now this is a biblical based holiday that makes perfect sense, the bible commands us to be thankfull and quite frankly im thankfull that god loves each and evry one of you Christmas: I recognize december 25th as the conception of jesus in the womb, jesus was not born on december 25th so there is no holiday to celebrate just the event of christs birth. The giftgiving thing is biblical i will say that much it is documented that the magi gave gifts at christs birth but no where does it tell us to give gifts to people and put up trees. The christmas tree and mistletoe has its roots in pagan religion as well. John 4:10 and John 3:16 should help you. And if you must give a gift this christmas give people jesus thats something they can use all year round :) Like i say though in easter, halloween and christmas there is no actual sin in candy, bunnys, gifts, playfull costumes, and the christmas tree but please be aware that these holidays are dangerious and god does not command us to celebrate any of them with the exception of thanksgiving. Haloween, easter and christmas is very important that you dont engage and evil, greed or idolitry. Halloween is dangerious satanic and you should be aware if that. Easter, beware of the idolitry there dont replace christ for eggs and bunnys. Egg coloring, egg hunting or egg hiding please dont partake of. If you have children tell them the truth and dont be afraid. Christmas, like i say dont get inolved with greed in any form. The bible tells us that it is easeir for a cammal to pass though the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. The main point in that though is that possesions are worthless in gods eyes and our greatest gift is god. I should hope that this doesnt offend anyone but if it does than that will have to be, i love you all and i hope that i have help spread gods truth in your life. God bless :)

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Gumby: Thank you! Everyone thinks I'm crazy in how I views the "Holidays." Even Christians think I've gone off the deep end. I have challenged them to show me where in the Bible they are scripture based. You are right the only one that even has any scriptural base is Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is the only one that my family still celebrates. Christmas, Easter and halloween we've ignored for years. We've been better off without them.Moses

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
how come we don't make a holiday of christ victory over death,now thats one to celebrate and be thankful for. all the rest are of the world to futher mans greed except thanksgiving,my opinion.what day or days would we celabrate this victory 365

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Very good point Gregg. I've lived that "holiday" every day of my life since I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour over 20 years ago.Moses

Christian Commando

Nov 8, 2007
Ok, so what do we do then, drop Christmas and not celebrate Christ's physical birth to the world? Drop Easter to not celebrate the ressurrection of Christ? Not celebrate Halloween that celebrates when sin came into the world yet God provided a "covering" to belong to him again? How many times have we read God turned evil to good in His word? Can we not then celebrate God imputing upon men to change pagan celebrations over to focusing on God and Christ? You know, its not God's working in this world that irritates Satan most, but God's turning of Satan's workings, over from evil to good. And our Churches in this area, make that point vivdly focusing on the trinity with each of those holidays. God Bless!!

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Why would we celebrate when sin came into the world? Show me scripture to back up your position.Moses

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
gumby is right on here ...Christ was born in Sept. not Dec. if you want to know what we are to celebrate it is written God gave us his holy days we just tend to brush them aside a Jewish holidays/feasts They are not they are Gods feasts/holidays ..for Example We are to celebrate Passover. There are two feasts in Sept.There is evidence he was born on one these two feasts which one is a debate ... The feast of Trumpts,or Feast of Tabernacles(booths) However Colossians 2:16-17 tells us “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.The reality, however, is found in Christ.” Christians are not bound to observe the Jewish feasts/God holy days the way an Old Testament Jew was, but we should not criticize another believer who does or does not observe these special days and feasts (Romans 14:5). While it is not required for Christians to celebrate the feast days, it is beneficial to every bible student to study them many deeper truths and mysteries of God can be seen in these 7 "Feasts of God"

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Thank you Christina. When Christians want to defend the holidays all I ask for is scripture to back it up. There isn't any. I really don't believe halloween is a holiday so I'm really curious as to why it would even considered one.Moses

gumby

May 29, 2009
Christina;73650]gumby is right on here ...Christ was born in Sept. not Dec. if you want to know what we are to celebrate it is written God gave us [U]his holy days[/U] we just tend to brush them aside a Jewish holidays/feasts They are not they are Gods feasts/holidays ..for Example We are to celebrate Passover. There are two feasts in Sept.There is evidence he was born on one these two feasts which one is a debate ... The feast of Trumpts said:
Christina i will say this much for my statments, im not judging anyone im trying to discern gods truth and alert people of mans lies. Look at the translation for easter it translates Ishtar. Ishatr was a pagan godess of fertility wich is also reffered to as the queen of heaven in Jeremiah 7:18. And god chastizes those he loves, Hebrews 12:5 tells us that. For me its like seing an alcoholic having a problem and he/she crying out for help and yet no one gives that person help. Im reaching gods people and im just a very feirce teacher like that, sorry if that offends but i can guarante you gods angry when he sees all the idolitry and greed in the modern paganized holidays.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Oh yes i forgot to add one more satment of mine to halloween, halloween has a lot of magic, sorcery, monster myths and consulting of ghosts and evil spirits centered around it. The bible forbids consulting to ghosts or mediums, Leviticus 19:31, Leviticus 20:6, Leviticus 20:27, Deuteronomy 18:10 and Deuteronomy 18:11. Isaiah 8:19 and Isaiah 19:3. I know my teachings are very feirce and very harsh at times here but they also are very healing to poeple because people are starving for truth. I love you all and i have no intention to judge but to help spread gods truth :)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
gumby;73658]Christina i will say this much for my statments said:
What are talking about I was agreeing with you ?????????????I have a 100 threads on here saying this same thing ... yes Easter is about the goddess Ishtar ...... And Christmas is about conception not birth. So im a little confused at your reply

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Gumby, I, for one appreciate it. I think the church has gotten lax about some issues and this is one of them. We have definitely let the world in the church and we are paying a heavy price.I also believe Mark 7:13 would be appropriate here.Moses

gumby

May 29, 2009
Christina;73661 said:
What are talking about I was agreeing with you ?????????????I have a 100 threads on here saying this same thing ... yes Easter is about the goddess Ishtar ...... And Christmas is about conception not birth. So im a little confused at your reply
Im simply aksking if your accusing me of judging people here. All i was try to get at earlier is that theres a diffrence between judgment and rightous chastizment. Chastizment and correction are for peoples benifit and learning were as judment is like me condeming someone to hell. That would be an example of judment. Sorry though i was just confused about your comment on Colossians 2:16-17. Sorry bout that christina :)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
gumby;73664 said:
Im simply aksking if your accusing me of judging people here. All i was try to get at earlier is that theres a diffrence between judgment and rightous chastizment. Chastizment and correction are for peoples benifit and learning were as judment is like me condeming someone to hell. That would be an example of judment. Sorry though i was just confused about your comment on Colossians 2:16-17. Sorry bout that christina :)
Not at all gumby I wasnt accusing you of any such thing I was simply making the point we are not judged for not following the Holy days God laid out or worshipping on Sat. or Sunday ...We are judged for following magic and witchcraft and false gods/or goddess

diwit

Jan 11, 2023
New york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok CB members im going to go in depth about our modern holidays here, Easter: has its roots in pagan myths and fertility rights, eggs and bunnys are all man made and sun rise services have there crooked orgin. Ezekiel 8:15, Ezekiel 8:16, Ezekiel 8:17 And Ezekiel 8:18 should help. The next passage comes from Jeremiah 7:17, Jeremiah 7:18, Jeremiah 7:19 and Jeremiah 7:20. The only place that easter in mentioned in the bible is Acts 12:4 in the king james version. Thats due to crooked translaton though. Haloween: I know that this is supposed to be a fun holiday for people to pretend and all and that might be good to play dressup as certain innocent things such as clowns and other things but sadly there is a very very evil side to halloween as well. Vampires and zombies and werewolves are all myth. Same thing with mummies thats egyption culture and religion and has no place. The main thing i want to stress though with halloween this year is to keep it safe and fun for kids and dont dress your kids up as evil or demonic beings. I recognize the danger in that and i hope like i say yall will keep it a clean celebration of the fall. Pumpkins and candy there are no actaul sin in though as well as apples. Ephesians 6:12 and 1st Peter 5:8 should help. Thanksgiving: Now this is a biblical based holiday that makes perfect sense, the bible commands us to be thankfull and quite frankly im thankfull that god loves each and evry one of you Christmas: I recognize december 25th as the conception of jesus in the womb, jesus was not born on december 25th so there is no holiday to celebrate just the event of christs birth. The giftgiving thing is biblical i will say that much it is documented that the magi gave gifts at christs birth but no where does it tell us to give gifts to people and put up trees. The christmas tree and mistletoe has its roots in pagan religion as well. John 4:10 and John 3:16 should help you. And if you must give a gift this christmas give people jesus thats something they can use all year round :) Like i say though in easter, halloween and christmas there is no actual sin in candy, bunnys, gifts, playfull costumes, and the christmas tree but please be aware that these holidays are dangerious and god does not command us to celebrate any of them with the exception of thanksgiving. Haloween, easter and christmas is very important that you dont engage and evil, greed or idolitry. Halloween is dangerious satanic and you should be aware if that. Easter, beware of the idolitry there dont replace christ for eggs and bunnys. Egg coloring, egg hunting or egg hiding please dont partake of. If you have children tell them the truth and dont be afraid. Christmas, like i say dont get inolved with greed in any form best religious websites. The bible tells us that it is easeir for a cammal to pass though the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. The main point in that though is that possesions are worthless in gods eyes and our greatest gift is god. I should hope that this doesnt offend anyone but if it does than that will have to be, i love you all and i hope that i have help spread gods truth in your life. God bless :)
Hello. new here. and have a question. suppose you are in a religion that says that day X is a holiday. But it is only your religion. Should you be allowed off work on day X? Personally, I think yes.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hello. new here. and have a question. suppose you are in a religion that says that day X is a holiday. But it is only your religion. Should you be allowed off work on day X? Personally, I think yes.
@diwit welcome to CyB. Interesting question. It depends on your work place. If you have stated at the beginning of your employment interview that you observe certain holidays, it would probablybe taken into account whether they still they want to hire you or not. I*n my country, we celebrate many holidays but not the same as the USA.