Holy Than Thou Sabbath Keepers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a liar?

A. Yes, I am a liar.
B. No, I am not a liar?

What is a liar?

A. Any person who tells a single lie in his/her life

B. A person who tells lies every time their lips are moving and sound is coming out

C. Some point along a spectrum in between A and B that is a convenient technical opportunity for a person engaged in accusing someone of being a liar

My point, which you have not-so-cleverly evaded is that (as I paraphrased from Scripture), compared to the Truth as it is in Jesus and His Word, we are simply toying with heavenly concepts, seeing through a glass darkly.

But that is no reason for the all-or-nothing philosophy that pervades online Christian discussion platforms.

If you think of Sabbath-keeping as useless if, while making an effort to do so, I become slightly impatient, then we might as well skip the shower if we find we've run out of toothpaste anyway.

These mental exercises do absolutely nothing in the way of solving real problems.

They just provide more material for echo chambers resonating with excuses for disobeying God.