Holy Than Thou Sabbath Keepers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you Sabbath keepers commit any sin on the Sabbath?
Then you are defiling it. And I would have to say
that is far worse than if you did not keep it at all.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked Jesus this morning what to post about Keeping the Sabbath as He commanded the house of Israel
back in the day, when they had a covenant with God, in which they were required to stay in their
tents and kindle no fire on that day or do any work.

He replied to me,

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,

and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not looking to join people who are pushing Keeping the Sabbath
I am looking for them who are pushing

I want to be with these people.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

People are free to keep or not keep Saturday as a Sabbath rest. but let us remember what Paul wrote in romans:

Romans 14

King James Version

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Let each be persuaded intheir own mind and do not judge others who have the liberty to do what you do or do not.

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are free to keep or not keep Saturday as a Sabbath rest. but let us remember what Paul wrote in romans:

Romans 14​

King James Version​

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Let each be persuaded intheir own mind and do not judge others who have the liberty to do what you do or do not.
Why would you use what anyone other said, than Jesus as your example?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's the part of their hypocrisy that they won't acknowledge and aren't willing to talk about.

They claim Saturday sabbath is still in effect just like it was under the old testament... but they don't keep Saturday sabbath like it was kept under the old testament.

Romans 14:5
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind

In other words, sabbath observance is not a moral issue but one of personal preference and freedom. One cannot imagine Paul saying, “One man is faithful to his wife and another has several mistresses. Each one should be firmly convinced in his own mind what he should do.

If a person wants to observe the sabbath (on Saturday or Sunday) as a healthy practice, that is fine—but it is a personal decision and is not required for salvation and they should not be acting like a cult demanding others observe Saturday sabbath as a requirement for salvation like the SDA peoples do.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
The Bible never treats holiness as being a negative thing. In 1 Peter 1:16, we are told to be holy for God is holy, which is a quote from Leviticus where God was giving instructions for how to do that, which includes keeping His Sabbaths holy (Leviticus 19:2-3). At no point does the Bible state that it is better to not keep the Sabbath holy than to risk the possibility of sinning while keeping it.

I asked Jesus this morning what to post about Keeping the Sabbath as He commanded the house of Israel
back in the day, when they had a covenant with God, in which they were required to stay in their
tents and kindle no fire on that day or do any work.

He replied to me,

This is the first and great commandment.
Indeed, the way to love God with all of our heart, soul, and mind is by obeying His commandments, which is why the Bible repeatedly connects our love for God with our obedience to His commandments in both the OT and the NT.

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible never treats holiness as being a negative thing. In 1 Peter 1:16, we are told to be holy for God is holy, which is a quote from Leviticus where God was giving instructions for how to do that, which includes keeping His Sabbaths holy (Leviticus 19:2-3).
And?

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which is why the Bible repeatedly connects our love for God with our obedience to His commandments in both the OT and the NT.
The bible is not my God and does not connect me to anything other than what someone else wrote and another published it.

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, the way to love God with all of our heart, soul, and mind is by obeying His commandments,
Love is not a thing or a way. Love is an emotion of the heart.
You can obey the commandments of God and not love Him in your heart.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 14​

King James Version​

The topic of Romans 14 is in regard to how to settle disputable matters of opinion in which God has given no command, not in regard to whether followers of God should follow His commands, so nothing in the chapter should be interpreted as promoting rebellion against God. For example, in Romans 14:2-3, people were judging and resting each other over whether they chose to eat only vegetables even though God gave no command to do that. In Romans 14:5-6, Paul spoke about eating or refraining from eating unto the Lord, so he was speaking about those who esteemed certain days for fasting as a disputable matter of opinion. For example, God gave no command to fast twice a week, but that had become a common practice in the first century, where people were judging and resenting each other over whether someone chose to do that (Luke 18:12). Paul was not suggesting that we are free to break the Sabbath, commit adultery, murder, idolatry, theft, rape, kidnapping, favoritism, or disobey any of God's other commands just as long as we are convinced in our own mind that it is ok to rebel against God, but rather that was only said in regard to things that are disputable matters of opinion in which God has given no command.

The reason why we are to keep the Sabbath holy is not because man esteemed it as a disputable matter of opinion, but because God rested on it, blessed it, made it holy, commanded His children to keep it holy, and because what is holy to God should not be profaned by man. The Sabbath is not mentioned once in Romans 14 precisely because it had nothing to do with the topic Paul was discussing. People can interpret God's word as promoting rebellion against Him if they are determined to do that, but they don't have to.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

You might feel you have to say that but let's let God's word be true and every man a liar. It's a simple case of throwing out the baby with the bath water. This is like saying we might as well commit murder if we dishonor our parents—how utterly absurd.

"You Sabbath keepers"—nice "us-and-them" stuff

"...for upon these hang all the law and the Prophets."

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is not my God and does not connect me to anything other than what someone else wrote and another published it.
I didn't say that the Bible is your God. The Bible can connect concepts, such as connecting our love for God with our obedience to His commandments, such as:

Exodus 20:6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:10 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,

Deuteronomy 11:1. “You shall therefore love the Lord your God and keep his charge, his statutes, his rules, and his commandments always.

Deuteronomy 11:13 “And if you will indeed obey my commandments that I command you today, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,

Joshua 22:5 Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

Daniel 9:4 I prayed to the Lord my God and made confession, saying, “O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments,

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

John 14:31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.

John 15:10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

1 John 5:2-3 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we loveGod and obey his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

----
Clearly God's commandments are His instructions for how to love Him and we can't love Him instead of obeying His instructions for how to love Him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know Jesus was speaking through Paul?
Well how do you know he wasn't? Either it is the inspired Word of God or not! The same doubt you give to Paul could be given to the "words" of Jesus in the biblew. How od you know they were recorded and passed on accurately?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic of Romans 14 is in regard to how to settle disputable matters of opinion in which God has given no command, not in regard to whether followers of God should follow His commands, so nothing in the chapter should be interpreted as promoting rebellion against God. For example, in Romans 14:2-3, people were judging and resting each other over whether they chose to eat only vegetables even though God gave no command to do that. In Romans 14:5-6, Paul spoke about eating or refraining from eating unto the Lord, so he was speaking about those who esteemed certain days for fasting as a disputable matter of opinion. For example, God gave no command to fast twice a week, but that had become a common practice in the first century, where people were judging and resenting each other over whether someone chose to do that (Luke 18:12). Paul was not suggesting that we are free to break the Sabbath, commit adultery, murder, idolatry, theft, rape, kidnapping, favoritism, or disobey any of God's other commands just as long as we are convinced in our own mind that it is ok to rebel against God, but rather that was only said in regard to things that are disputable matters of opinion in which God has given no command.

The reason why we are to keep the Sabbath holy is not because man esteemed it as a disputable matter of opinion, but because God rested on it, blessed it, made it holy, commanded His children to keep it holy, and because what is holy to God should not be profaned by man. The Sabbath is not mentioned once in Romans 14 precisely because it had nothing to do with the topic Paul was discussing. People can interpret God's word as promoting rebellion against Him if they are determined to do that, but they don't have to.
No He commanded Israel to keep it holy as a sign of the covenant He made with the ethnos of Israel- the twelve tribes of Jacob. There is no command to keep Saturday a work free day for the church.

Exodus 31:13
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.