Homosexual 'gene'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure there is one. It's called the sin gene. I was a born liar and thief, until I submitted myself to Jesus. Now I no longer give myself willingly to the way I was born into the world.

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure there is one. It's called the sin gene. I was a born liar and thief, until I submitted myself to Jesus. Now I no longer give myself willingly to the way I was born into the world.

Well glory!

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying you were born with homosexual tendencies but overcame them by giving your life to Christ?

Blessings,
Hidden In Him

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well glory!

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying you were born with homosexual tendencies but overcame them by giving your life to Christ?

Blessings,
Hidden In Him
No, what I am saying is that you can certainly be born a homosexual, even as I was a born thief and liar, but when we submit to the lord, we no longer give into our particular sin gene, whether lying, thieving, homosexuality, or any other sin denounced by Scripture.

The whole point is, the argument is not about whether there is such a thing as a homosexual 'gene', all humans are born with the sin 'gene', but with Jesus we overcome it. So, if someone wants to claim homosexuality is not their fault nor is it wrong, because it is natural from birth, then I say sin is natural from birth, and that is not our fault, but we don't then take it with us into Christ.

It's not our fault we were born into sin, but it is our duty to be rid of it, when we are born into Christ.

I was a born liar and thief, but I stopped giving myself to such things in Christ Jesus. Same with fornication, homosexuality, etc...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, what I am saying is that you can certainly be born a homosexual, even as I was a born thief and liar, but when we submit to the lord, we no longer give into our particular sin gene, whether lying, thieving, homosexuality, or any other sin denounced by Scripture.

The whole point is, the argument is not about whether there is such a thing as a homosexual 'gene', all humans are born with the sin 'gene', but with Jesus we overcome it. So, if someone wants to claim homosexuality is not their fault nor is it wrong, because it is natural from birth, then I say sin is natural from birth, and that is not our fault, but we don't then take it with us into Christ.

It's not our fault we were born into sin, but it is our duty to be rid of it, when we are born into Christ.

I was a born liar and thief, but I stopped giving myself to such things in Christ Jesus. Same with fornication, homosexuality, etc...

Man do I like this post!

I absolutely agree with you here. We are all born with human natures as well; not just tendencies and inclinations, but temperaments. I'm intolerably aggressive by nature sometimes. Was talking to my wife tonight about how did she ever come to love me as I was, and she said, "I just came to accept the fact that you were a jack@ss." LoL!!!

But it is fixable. I feel as though I am entering a phase now where the world is going to see the best of me. Yes, I've been those things, but then Christ isn't finished with me yet.

I like this thread. Hope more people respond to it. :)

Well, off to work. Hope you have a blessed evening and day tomorrow,
Hidden

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have you ever read Romans chapter one:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their

imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever read Romans chapter one:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their

imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Of course. Homosexuality is a transgression of God's law. Was in the Law of Moses and still is in Law of Christ, as I noted above "...whether lying, thieving, homosexuality, or any other sin denounced by Scripture."

The point I make is a reasonable and Scriptural answer to those who try to excuse homosexuality by searching for some specific homosexual 'gene' to account for it, and thus say that it can't be a sin with God, because they were born into naturally, and so it must also be accepted as natural and normal.

Ok, fine, I'm not going to bother getting into a pseudo-scientific arguments about homosexuality, nor any other sin we were born with, because we are all born with sin, which is natural and normal for sinners. Nothing new about that. God has been saying it for thousands of years. What is new is that God sent His Son to pay the price for it, for the very purpose that in Him we would have power to put away those sins that are natural and normal for sinners.

And so, you say you were born a homosexual, fine. And I was a born liar and thief, but I am no more a liar and thief in Christ Jesus, and another can be no more a homosexual. The choice is about Jesus Christ, not about the particular sin or sins we were naturally born with and normally given to as a sinner.

The debate therefore is not about the sin 'gene', which Scripturally we were all born with, but about whether we will give ourselves to being a naturally born sinner unto death, or rather choose another new and better way: Jesus Christ.

"...choose you this day whom you will serve."

Reactions: BobVance

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man do I like this post!

I absolutely agree with you here. We are all born with human natures as well; not just tendencies and inclinations, but temperaments. I'm intolerably aggressive by nature sometimes. Was talking to my wife tonight about how did she ever come to love me as I was, and she said, "I just came to accept the fact that you were a jack@ss." LoL!!!

But it is fixable. I feel as though I am entering a phase now where the world is going to see the best of me. Yes, I've been those things, but then Christ isn't finished with me yet.

I like this thread. Hope more people respond to it. :)

Well, off to work. Hope you have a blessed evening and day tomorrow,
Hidden
Too funny!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such thing as a single "gay gene" that drives a person's sexual behavior, concludes the largest genetic study ever conducted on the issue.

Instead, a person's attraction to those of the same sex is shaped by a complex mix of genetic and environmental influences, similar to what's seen in most other human traits, researchers report.

"This is a natural and normal part of variation in our species," said researcher Ben Neale, director of genetics with the Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. "That should also support the position that we shouldn't try and develop gay cures. That's not in anyone's interest."

The international study focused on the genetic profiles of nearly 480,000 people from the United States and the United Kingdom, a group approximately 100 times larger than any previous study of the link between genetics and same-sex attraction, said lead researcher Andrea Ganna, a research fellow with the Massachusetts General Hospital's Analytical and Translational Genetic Unit.

The research team discovered five specific genetic variants that were significantly associated with same-sex behavior, but when combined these variants explained less than 1% of any person's attraction to their own gender

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. Homosexuality is a transgression of God's law. Was in the Law of Moses and still is in Law of Christ, as I noted above "...whether lying, thieving, homosexuality, or any other sin denounced by Scripture."

The point I make is a reasonable and Scriptural answer to those who try to excuse homosexuality by searching for some specific homosexual 'gene' to account for it, and thus say that it can't be a sin with God, because they were born into naturally, and so it must also be accepted as natural and normal.

Ok, fine, I'm not going to bother getting into a pseudo-scientific arguments about homosexuality, nor any other sin we were born with, because we are all born with sin, which is natural and normal for sinners. Nothing new about that. God has been saying it for thousands of years. What is new is that God sent His Son to pay the price for it, for the very purpose that in Him we would have power to put away those sins that are natural and normal for sinners.

And so, you say you were born a homosexual, fine. And I was a born liar and thief, but I am no more a liar and thief in Christ Jesus, and another can be no more a homosexual. The choice is about Jesus Christ, not about the particular sin or sins we were naturally born with and normally given to as a sinner.

The debate therefore is not about the sin 'gene', which Scripturally we were all born with, but about whether we will give ourselves to being a naturally born sinner unto death, or rather choose another new and better way: Jesus Christ.

"...choose you this day whom you will serve."
We are born selfish sinners - pick your flavor.

Walking in the Spirit means transcending these things.

Good stuff!

Much love!

Jlentz

May 6, 2021
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are not born homosexual. Born in sin yes, but not to a certain sin.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are not born homosexual. Born in sin yes, but not to a certain sin.
Well, I was certainly a born thief and liar, I know that...:cool:

"Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after." (I Tim 5)

Some men's sins are born beforehand? From birth? Could be some sins from birth...You never know.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the scriptures at Romans 1:18-27 tell us why there is so much sexual immorality today. Sexual immorality would include homosexuality.

Reactions: teamventure

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now this is a tough topic! I would have to do some research, haha! I personally have thought homosexuals could've been sexually abused by a man or woman of the same gender and then grown up to feel attracted to them but I don't know if anyone would claim to have been born homosexual- there could be a particular gene or physics involved

Last edited: