Homosexuality: Is it the way a person is born?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are homosexuals born that way?

• Total voters

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
mjrhealth said:
I assume that you believe it is ones fault that they are born the way they are???
You have been told over and over that we are all imperfect. Some are born alcoholic.

By your logic, it is ok to be drunk and he is not responsible for driving drunk because he is an alcoholic.

Your logic is so messed up, illogical, lacking in simple common sense.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have been told over and over that we are all imperfect. Some are born alcoholic.

By your logic, it is ok to be drunk and he is not responsible for driving drunk because he is an alcoholic.

Your logic is so messed up, illogical, lacking in simple common sense.
When you find Love I will answer you.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
mjrhealth said:
When you find Love I will answer you.
I don't see love in your spreading of half truth gospel.

Spreading half truth Gospel is mocking God and Jesus.

Your rebuking others who spread to be faithful to Jesus is not love, dear.

You need to learn love from Jesus, instead of spreading your own selfish and worldly love.

BTW, I did not ask you a question. I just gave you a statement.

Reactions: dadman

SimpleFaith

Sep 7, 2015
The question is misleading.

Homosexuality is not from birth in that there are those who've discovered that they are gay, or that they decide that they want to be. However, in a hypothetical world that was void of homosexual behavior.. would anyone have that inclination to behave that way? Would there be flaws that pop up out of nowhere?

And, if people are born with it and therefore, 'why fight it.. embrace who you are' as some circles of tolerant society says.. then why are there those who seem not to be born with it? Is it like whether or not you discover that you don't like shrimp?

On the Biblical explanation that sin came from disobedience to God's law.. then, yes, homosexual people were born that way.

Dave24

Sep 5, 2015
Personally i can't claim to know the answer. What i do know is that all of us have our weaknesses. But that doesn't excuse us if we act on them and commit a serious sin that God condemns.
The bible is clear on God's view of homosexual acts...no way around it.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
Good you better not you might turn blue....
Before you can prove that gays are "born that way" I'd suffocate.
But again...even if it could be proven, all that will have been proven is that gays, just like all the rest of humanity, are born with a sin nature.
Being born with a sin nature doesn't make it okay to sin.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
I recall reading about a group that decided to prove that gays are born that way. They had this idea that they could manipulate the genes of some fruitflies, to produce gay fruitflies. Then, if the next generation turned out gay, they would have their proof.
Problem was, the gay fruitflies would not mate with the opposite sex...
They did not produce gay offspring....they did not produce any offspring at all.

I'd say that experiment was a dismal failure....

SimpleFaith

Sep 7, 2015
The Barrd said:
I recall reading about a group that decided to prove that gays are born that way. They had this idea that they could manipulate the genes of some fruitflies, to produce gay fruitflies. Then, if the next generation turned out gay, they would have their proof.
They did not produce gay offspring....they did not produce any offspring at all.

And, of course, the experiment also fails because they had to manipulate the genes in order to try to prove their point, which violates the whole idea of them being born that way without manipulation. Their trust in science (manipulated) to support their theories is another example of their willingness to deceive.. following after the god of this world who is a liar and the father of lies.

O dear, what other good thing can I think of saying concerning such people? The only remedy is for them to get saved. I pray that they do.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
IMO, the only way one can honestly say being gay is congenital, is if one does NOT recognize we are ALL born with the innate ability to sin. Rom 5:8

ALL sin is choice, but God's word states;
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Cor 10:13 (NIV)

I think that is clear and simple....we choose to sin, whatever that sin may be, or with God's help we recognize it and agree it IS sin.

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:

LOL ..... I'm sure after millions of our tax dollars were spent .... oh the mind of man when it comes to the desire to justify sin knows no bounds

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bible_Gazer said:
sin is learned also

we are not created to sin

born with a choice, a freedom to commit sin
Actually experiments have shown that sin/bad behaviour, is an innate part of our carnal nature, and as Jesus said, NO MAN IS GOOD, ALL HAVE SINNED.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bible_Gazer said:
sin is learned also

we are not created to sin

born with a choice, a freedom to commit sin
Are you only a 'Bible Gazer' or are you wanting to know the Bible's explanation for why we sin?

Psalm 51:5 indicates that sin is NOT learned, 'Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me'. We are sinners from the time we were conceived. How come?

Here the Bible is very specific about how it all began: 'Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man [Adam], and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned' (Rom 5:12 ESV). We sin by actions because it comes from a sinful inner being, known as the sinful nature of each individual.

This is why human beings and governments can't diagnose the problem with evil of all sorts in our world. They reject the cause - sin that started with Adam and is passed on to all human beings from conception.

We sin because we are born as sinners. Sin is not learned, but we commit acts of sin because of our inborn sinful nature.

We will never understand sexual immorality (heterosexual, homosexual), theft, murder and all other kinds of evil until be learn the source, our inner being - sinful from conception. Try getting that through to Barak Obama, Malcolm Turnbull, Stephen Harper, Angela Merkel, David Cameron, or the leaders of any other nation in the world.

When we get the diagnosis of the problem wrong, the solution is most likely not to be the incorrect one.

Oz

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve were not created with a sin nature, what cause them to sin-------choice of their own-----by reasoning

Babies are born neutral Psalm 51:5 does not say David was born with sin, its says he was born in sin, his mother was a sinner, he was born into a sinful world.

I think when God created man with a mind to choose on his own that they would fall into sin(disobey) against him.

God made Adam and Eve to produce children, that is why they were created differently. I don't think God allow Adam and Eve be able to change
their human nature seed to make it any different from them.

I do believe we create a sin nature after birth. There is no scripture that says "sin nature" KJV .

Reactions: KingJ

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
Actually experiments have shown that sin/bad behaviour, is an innate part of our carnal nature, and as Jesus said, NO MAN IS GOOD, ALL HAVE SINNED.
The point being made in scripture is that when given the opportunity all men have fallen into sin. Babies do not go to hell. Is that what you are implying?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Bible_Gazer said:
Adam and Eve were not created with a sin nature, what cause them to sin-------choice of their own-----by reasoning

Babies are born neutral Psalm 51:5 does not say David was born with sin, its says he was born in sin, his mother was a sinner, he was born into a sinful world.

I think when God created man with a mind to choose on his own that they would fall into sin(disobey) against him.

God made Adam and Eve to produce children, that is why they were created differently. I don't think God allow Adam and Eve be able to change
their human nature seed to make it any different from them.

I do believe we create a sin nature after birth. There is no scripture that says "sin nature" KJV .
Amen. The sin nature they refer to is simply Adam's messup. For all eternity we are aware of sin.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
I didnt know we where.??

A christian is supposed to pray a lot. And right now as we run into the end at a great rate of knots, there should be lots of prayer. Now if you can identify a homosexual who chooses that life style and a man or woman with all te hwrong parts and hormoanes, go right ahead I couldnt If i tried. No we have no right to call any man sinner for we ourselves are sinners and no better, and if you think you are, just ask Jesus what He thinks, just stand before Him for one moment and you will suddenly discover you are no better than any other man compared to Christ. As I said before, christianity has driven so many away from God because of lack of understanding, and woe to any man who has done such a thing. No we dont show them a loving God, we show them a sadistic, spiteful, hateful God, strike Fear into them and hope they will listen, I wouldnt if I didnt know God as I do. Would you??

I dont carry stones in my hands to throw at anyone, even though at times I wish I did.

In all His Love
Mjr Health I think you have a reading problem. Scripture does not say this. Nor does common sense. When Paul said he continued to sin in Rom 7:15 was he referring to murdering Christians????

You will send many people to hell with your ''''love''' Prov 27:6. Ooh I love you, now go pull the middle finger to your Creator and as long as you pray / I pray for you...all will be fine.

You need to read Matt 18:6 and every scripture where God had homosexuals put to death, 1 000 000 times before you ever give anyone advice again.

We are all sinners as in we all have sin. But unless we repent and hate it our eternal home is away from God. Now when we see someone continuing in sins that God ordained deserving of death in the OT, it points to us loving sin > hating it. The question we need to ask homosexual Christians is simply how in the universe they escape a self judgment before God 1 Cor 11:31 in fear and trembling Phil 2:12. We ''ALL'' need to do this. Mortal sins point to being further lost to sin. An active homosexual is literally pulling the middle finger to their Creator, every second of every day. Their days are numbered. Especially for those professing to be Christians doing or approving of such. I certainly hope you don't approve of such!