Homosexuality: Is it the way a person is born?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are homosexuals born that way?

• Total voters

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no homosexual gene at DuckDuckGo

People are born with proclivities. Meaning they have weaknesses and maybe some urges they should not they are choices, not inborn realities like eye and skin color.

One can have surgery to make you look like the opposite sex but it doesn't change what sex they are. Meaning the woman can never get another woman pregnant or a man get pregnant.

You your arguments over sex acts. But the reality is God says the marriage bed is holy and places no restriction upon it.

Of course something is prohibited elsewhere in the Bible it is prohibited there, such as willful injury of another.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But the reality is God says the marriage bed is holy and places no restriction upon it.
Actually, He did place restrictions on it.

Leviticus 20:18 'If there is a man who lies with a menstruous woman and uncovers her nakedness, he has laid bare her flow, and she has exposed the flow of her blood; thus both of them shall be cut off from among their people.​

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't read over this thread but I can still give my answer. I don't believe that homosexuals were born the way they are because I believe that God doesn't make mistakes or contradict Himself when He says that it is an abomination. However, that doesn't mean that they should be bullied and demeaned for it either because that isn't representing Christ any better in my very honest opinion.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't read over this thread but I can still give my answer. I don't believe that homosexuals were born the way they are because I believe that God doesn't make mistakes or contradict Himself when He says that it is an abomination. However, that doesn't mean that they should be bullied and demeaned for it either because that isn't representing Christ any better in my very honest opinion.
correct they ought never be bullied , never be treated mean or etc .
But we must never allow them to believe that it is not sin and that GOD does approve .
WE must persaude any of them who sit in our churches , to repent of it .
IF paul said if a brother or sister , does fornicate or is covetous or etc , to not even eat with such a one .
But rather we must correct such a one . Churches have failed the gays , the transgenders by accepting the sin .
That is a tragedy for both those who do so and those who continue to believe any lie .
Many gays are super very religous . YET they openly embrace their sin and justify it . NO, this must be corrected for their sake.
AND for the churches sake so that leaven does not rise up and leaven the whole group .
Seeker friendly truly did destroy many churches .
SEE anyone is welcome to come in , THAT PART is true . BUT they must hear sound doctrine , correction , the gospel .
NOT be entertained to hell through music and acceptance of their sin . This is all bad news sister . and now
not only do the churches no longer correct it , they are more and more embracing it . Its all going down hill sister .
AND not just with the gay thing , other sins too are over looked . And even the very gosple
is seen as divisive and hateful now . Cause its all about UNITY and lets getalong . ANd lets face
it , the gosple is gonna divide . While it saves those who come to faith in JESUS , it will drive a wedge between
those who oppose it . WE do NOT pander to the world to win the world . WE STICK to JESUS and sound doctrine .
Be encouraged sister . I am just reminding us is all .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correct they ought never be bullied , never be treated mean or etc .
But we must never allow them to believe that it is not sin and that GOD does approve .
WE must persaude any of them who sit in our churches , to repent of it .
IF paul said if a brother or sister , does fornicate or is covetous or etc , to not even eat with such a one .
But rather we must correct such a one . Churches have failed the gays , the transgenders by accepting the sin .
That is a tragedy for both those who do so and those who continue to believe any lie .
Many gays are super very religous . YET they openly embrace their sin and justify it . NO, this must be corrected for their sake.
AND for the churches sake so that leaven does not rise up and leaven the whole group .
Seeker friendly truly did destroy many churches .
SEE anyone is welcome to come in , THAT PART is true . BUT they must hear sound doctrine , correction , the gospel .
NOT be entertained to hell through music and acceptance of their sin . This is all bad news sister . and now
not only do the churches no longer correct it , they are more and more embracing it . Its all going down hill sister .
AND not just with the gay thing , other sins too are over looked . And even the very gosple
is seen as divisive and hateful now . Cause its all about UNITY and lets getalong . ANd lets face
it , the gosple is gonna divide . While it saves those who come to faith in JESUS , it will drive a wedge between
those who oppose it . WE do NOT pander to the world to win the world . WE STICK to JESUS and sound doctrine .
Be encouraged sister . I am just reminding us is all .

Oh I know, I never said that they shouldn't be corrected.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah i know you never said that . I was just reminding us all . Be encouraged dear sister .

Well it sure is difficult to be encouraged when other people are putting words into my mouth or twisting my words around to things I didn't say and make it seem like I'm promoting homosexuality,.. no,.. I'm promoting kindness while at the same time being honest and yet people just don't get it I'm afraid. :(

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My nephew said he knew he was attracted to boys instead of girls "at roughly seven or eight years old."
He will tell you he had a normal childhood. His father and mother loved him very much and never hit him or verbally abused him.
He states he was never sexually abused or even picked on when he was in school.
Lots of friends, but more friends who were girls than guys.
He came out in the fall of his freshman year and insists that there was nothing in his life that would cause anyone to think it was result of his environment.

Read into that what you will.
Having studied the incident of homosexuality for 30 years, it is normal for homosexuals to deny the truth because they cannot handle it. If you want to know what the truth is just take the opposite view to what a homosexual says. They have to reject the truth to be able to justify the way they live so they will only tell you what they want you to know.

In the research that I have done in that 30 years it is clear that the last thing a homosexual is is happy. That is why it is a lie to call them gay. Books have been written and research embarked on that shows homosexuals are denying the truth. What ever this person said it wouild not take me long to flind a flaw in his argument. The fact is all homosexuals have a mistaken identity and homosexuality is seen as an answer to the fact.

I went to a course on homosexuality run by the local education council. The facilitator was a young lesbian who claimed there was nothing wrong with homosexuality and there was no such thing as a pattern in homosexuality. I challenged her on this and said every homosexual I have ever met has had a defficient or unsuported relationship with their father.

She was indignant about this suggestion so I said don't take my word for it. Ask everyone here what their relationship with their father was like.. We went round the room and everyone said their relationship with their father was stuffed up or non-existant.

She closed down the course after the first session.

I was in a room with a group of homosexuals and I asked one of them to tell me a bit about his story which he did. When he had finished I said to him, "What you are telling me is that you want a father?' He burst into tears and said "yes."

In a support group that I ran for homosexuals that did not want to be homosexual, more thna once one of them said "I wish you were my father.:"

The greatest need for any homosexual is to reestablish their true identity. That is only found in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Outside of that there is no hope of finding their true identity. Anyone ministering to a homosexual has to focus on that. If they do that the Holy Spirit can minister healing and wholeness to them. Do not talk about being straight or sex. That will sort itself out if you get the identity back on the straight and narrow because most homosexuals do not know who they are, so until they do know they cannot leave a false idea of themselves which by the way has been sold to them by Satan.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't really accuse a boy who has never acted on his Homosexual tendencies as sinful. Though the nature as we all have it is sin. Other than that I agree that it is by birth this occurs usually and like Rach stated there's no excuse for each of our tendencies even if we are not by nature at fault for them. At some point we have to realize Christ died to remove the stain of guilt from our conscience and give us something else to wear. He gives us our new clothes before we are even washed so to speak. Now with most inner healing I believe Christ may or may not give a sinful part of our nature to bear through our walk with Him. One clear sign that He will heal it is whether or not it interferes with our earthly ministry in Christ. And that's kind of an individual topic. I'm not against understanding that a homosexual by nature before Christ, would carry that part of his nature with Him after becoming a Christian, to the day he/she dies. I don't want to make a relation of homosexuality to physical infirmities, but concerning the point of ministry, someone born crippled before Christ and not being healed physically before, during or after the point of salvation: Their ministry must not require the healing or God simply does not will it. The last is that the person in question hadn't the faith for the healing, but I can't judge that from the outside, though it's true this happens. So you can kind of go through a few steps here if you're wondering, "God, do you want to heal me of this?" It's a valid question, but you might get a yes, no or wait (A no in this context means wait since we will all be healed eventually either way after death). Jesus always has purpose in his healing ministry.

Do you guys/girls agree with my evaluation of the condition? I have tried maintaining the scriptural integrity of my ideas throughout the post.
Try using paragraphs as it makes it easier to read.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
some are born.
some are made.
Some just decide to play both sides.
some can't help but play both sides.

For them to be condemned and dehumanized shows gross ignorance from the ones assaulting them socially. It shows a desire to dehumanize and hold hateful bias against. Unfortunately it's one of the characteristics that design the church today, same as interracial marraiges did 50 years ago.

Are you quite sure you haven't imbibed the complaints and rhetoric of the gaystapo so that they can justify their sin?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wish you'd stick to dilemmas that someone is promoting and stop burning strawmen.

No one said anything about not sharing the gospel, nor that sharing it would be dehumanizing.

Being dehumanizing is dehumanizing.

If you have to tell someone they are homosexual, which they will know, to share the gospel, if you have to spend time in judgement to find sins to threaten them with to share the Gospel, you convert GOd from LOVE to a 9-11 type fascist terrorist.

Their sins are not relevant to discuss and name if you are actually preaching the Gospel and not oppressive bs.

AND, if you will mention a homosexuals sins in a discussion with them, but you don't bring up adultery, sex addiction, cheating taxes, etc... to others you discuss the gospel with, by definition you are a bigot.

I'm not calling YOU a bigot. A person doing that, is the bigot.
AND it's not my judgement, it's the meaning of the word.

I am not convinced of the logic of that. Usually if I am talking to anyone about Christ or the gospel I do not talk about thinigs the person has no interest in or are not relevant to them.

If I am talking to an atheist, I do not talk about homosexuality.

If I am talking to an evolutionist, I don't talk about elves at the bottom of the garden.

If I am talking to a bigamist, I don't talk about having children.

I always operate on the basis that it is the truth that sets you free. A good comunicator will pick up what is important to a person and then focus on that.

Reactions: April_Rose

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course something is prohibited elsewhere in the Bible it is prohibited there, such as willful injury of another.
Do you have scripture to support this? (Honest question...)

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see love in your spreading of half truth gospel.

Spreading half truth Gospel is mocking God and Jesus.

Your rebuking others who spread to be faithful to Jesus is not love, dear.

You need to learn love from Jesus, instead of spreading your own selfish and worldly love.

BTW, I did not ask you a question. I just gave you a statement.
people want to only see God as a God of love, nothing else .... God has many attributes, yes, love ... but also mercy / vengence / wrath / forgiveness / justice ....... all of God's attributes will be displayed throughout his eternal creation ... no attribute of God operates apart from another but rather in concert with another.

Reactions: TLHKAJ