Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
You must be very boring in bed by your own display of lack of imagination. Sorry to say....

Are you implying gay sex is exciting, innovative, creative and fun?????

Pardon me for saying so, but none of these verses apply to the topic at hand. Each apply to lust, or, as you have kindly underlined, "sexual immorality." To most, I would think that lust and sexual immorality refer to sex outside of wedlock. I can understand that since in many places, the United States included, gay marriage is unlawful, that the provided passages would indicate that therefore homosexuality is a sin. I beg to differ. A loving relationship is possible between a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, and I understand how uncomfortable of an idea that is. To a heterosexual, the thought sits uneasily in one's stomach. That's simply because as a hetersexual, one is not attracted to the same sex, and can therefore not find themselves attracted to the same sex. It is hard to wrap one's mind around, but I personally know many homosexual couples who have been together for years and years, and have never been more in love. To remove what a Christian may claim to be the "sexually immoral" element, all the Christian community must do is accept the capacity of homosexuals to love, and doing so, eliminate the legal barrier that prevents homosexuals from marriage. I can think of no other instance in the Bible that condemns homosexuality, and even this condemnation is weak--the church could simply allow gay marriage so that lust and sexual immorality would no longer apply, as long as homosexuals chose to enter a marriage, which I believe many of them would. Remember, not 200 years ago, even the Catholic Church frequently performed marriages between two men--it is only in the last hundred years that the church has taken offense at the idea.

My apologies for not condensing my argument. I simply meant that the verses James provided do not so much condemn homosexuality as they condemn lust, which also applies equally to heterosexuals. If homosexuals were given the equal right to marry, then sex out of wedlock among the homosexual community would equal that of the heterosexual community, I am sure.

I've heard these arguments before. I've visited once a "gay christian" site and saw how this arguments have become dogma. Scripture is very much twisted to imply that God doesn't differentiate between a man and a woman anymore, that it's all one big blurry love fest now. It is this dogma that now convinces gays that there's no problem with their lifestyle. They have given themselves a divine green light for going about homosexuality. What can be worse than being convinced it is OK to practice rebellion and sin against God? WHat chances do "chrisitan" gays now have of knowing the Lord and entering HIs kingdom?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The act of homosexuality is the sin. Doesn't matter if you are in a "commited relationship" or not.

Just as a heterosexual couple living together but not married may love each other, be together for years, are on each other's wills and even have kids.

The fact they are not married makes their sexual activity a sin in God's eyes, the only eyes that count.

The sin isn't to be "understood" or "accomidated." It is to be ended.

God loves homosexuals as much as He loves everyone else. He detests their sin as much as he detests the sin of the man who cheats on his taxes, robs a bank, cheats on his wife, etc.

It is the sin, not the sinner. We are ALL sinners. God loves the sinner, not the sin.

Reactions: Rach1370

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
For the elect that prefer sinning over sanctification, the efforts of Holy Spirit and the Christ of God to conform the new creation into the image of Christ (2C 5:17,Ga 6:15) through faith, expectation, and love, are being thwarted and rendered impotent. The Faithful God will reward them for the good they have done, but the loss of ability to function in the celestial realm with Christ, reconciling the heavens, will be apparent. Working alongside the other glorified saints, subduing the powers and principalities throughout the next age, is based upon the work the Holy Spirit is able to confirm in the believer during this life.

The issue of sin and the resultant death, and the arena it takes place in, whether adultery, fornication, homosexuality, or whatever, is nullified because of the Cross. The elect and chosen of God who do not seek Him and His truth will be changed along with the rest of the saints, but their place, position, and authority in the heavens will be commensurate with the failures and weaknesses they insisted on clinging to in this short time of existence. By not yielding their members to Holy Spirit, and suffering the chastening of the Lord while in their fleshly bodies, will make them unfit for wielding and commanding light and life in the heavens. The losses at the bema seat of Christ will be felt and endured for the next thousand years at minimum.

As Foreigner said, sin isn't to be understood or accommodated, it is to be fleed from, and falling down in humble subjection to the Holy One Who alone can remove that which hinders a believers walk and faith, is the only path to be taken.

fivesense

Reactions: truthquest

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Pardon me for saying so, but none of these verses apply to the topic at hand. Each apply to lust, or, as you have kindly underlined, "sexual immorality." To most, I would think that lust and sexual immorality refer to sex outside of wedlock. I can understand that since in many places, the United States included, gay marriage is unlawful, that the provided passages would indicate that therefore homosexuality is a sin. I beg to differ. A loving relationship is possible between a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, and I understand how uncomfortable of an idea that is. To a heterosexual, the thought sits uneasily in one's stomach. That's simply because as a hetersexual, one is not attracted to the same sex, and can therefore not find themselves attracted to the same sex. It is hard to wrap one's mind around, but I personally know many homosexual couples who have been together for years and years, and have never been more in love. To remove what a Christian may claim to be the "sexually immoral" element, all the Christian community must do is accept the capacity of homosexuals to love, and doing so, eliminate the legal barrier that prevents homosexuals from marriage. I can think of no other instance in the Bible that condemns homosexuality, and even this condemnation is weak--the church could simply allow gay marriage so that lust and sexual immorality would no longer apply, as long as homosexuals chose to enter a marriage, which I believe many of them would. Remember, not 200 years ago, even the Catholic Church frequently performed marriages between two men--it is only in the last hundred years that the church has taken offense at the idea.

My apologies for not condensing my argument. I simply meant that the verses James provided do not so much condemn homosexuality as they condemn lust, which also applies equally to heterosexuals. If homosexuals were given the equal right to marry, then sex out of wedlock among the homosexual community would equal that of the heterosexual community, I am sure.

Hi, I'm sorry, but you're wrong....the bible does mention homosexuality....specifically.
1 Timothy 1:8-10 "Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine..."

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 " Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, not adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, not drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

there are other verses too, but my point is this: Sin is sin. If I lie to my sister, it is a sin I need to repent of and strive never to repeat. Engaging in homosexual relationships is a sin. I honestly don't care about the 'we're born this way' argument....everyone's born a sinner. The point is then when we are Christians, we have the Holy Spirit convicting us of sin....we then need to repent and turn from that sin. If a gay person claims to be a Christian, they need to repent and turn from actively engaging in homosexual practices. I am sure that gay people are capable of loving relationships, I'm sure their capable of everything that falls under human capabilities....everyone is!!! My cousin is in a lesbian relationship....they have 2 children...of course they love! And you know what? They are not Christian, and so as Paul says, while I may pray for them, I cannot hold them to Christian principals. But people who claim to be Christians and continue in behaviour that is clearly labeled as sinful in the bible....God's own word....well, they need to be told to repent.
You obviously believe in Jesus, what he has done for you....how do you really think he feels when people twist his words so they may keep sinning? What would you think of any other Christian who was sleeping with another person's wife/husband, but continued to come to church and claim to have strong faith....that they were not sinning at all, that of course the bible didn't mean that when it says adultery is a sin?
Please, please, I know you love, I know you feel, but Jesus...God of the universe died horribly at the hands of men so you and I don't have to go to hell. Is your homosexual feelings and relationship more important than that? Really? What about your partner? Do they believe in Jesus? Sometimes we have to make sacrifices, for ourselves, for others, in the name of Jesus, in our Christian walk. Jesus said that the path to eternal life is narrow, and that not many will find it....
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' (Matthew 7:21-23)
Just saying you're a Christian won't be good enough....we have to walk it, live it.
I pray you will think on this....

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Hi, I'm sorry, but you're wrong....the bible does mention homosexuality....specifically." -- Rach

-- Rach is correct.
The homosexual act is specifically decried as sin in both the Old and New Testaments.
1 Cor. 6:9 says:
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," - KJB
or, the ESV:
"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,"
or the NIV:
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders"
or the NASB:
"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,"

-- I provided multiple translations of that verse because one of the arguments given back when scripture is provided is "that's one translation, but others don't condemn it."

Another argument put forward is that since Jesus didn't speak out "specifically" about homosexuality, that shows His tacit approval or acceptance of those that practice homosexuality.

Jesus didn't speak specifically about beating your wife or selling your kids into slavery, either, but that doesn't mean you should read that as his approval of those practices.

Jesus loves homosexuals just as much as he loves everyone else. We are all His children. It is the acts that his childen do that he has an issue with.

God is adamant that the homosexual act is a sin. Man suddenly changing the definition of marraige so that homosexuals can be in a committed relationship won't change that.