Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
. Are you a homosexual? Is that why this issue causes you such ire?
Only the devil himself could think such a thing, what do "you" have against them, was Jesus a sinner, there was a certain women who roamed these forums said teh same thing.

Mat_9:11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

Mat_11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Funny when Adam and Eve had there "rightousness" removed when they ate of the tree of life and discovered there nakedness and so hid from God, now when christians discover Jesus they being carnal now see there nakedness / shame because of Christs rightousness, and since they cant hide from God simply say, " dont look at us God look at these they are worse than us". I really do hope that one day you discover God He is nothng like you think. God is not blind He sees all.

Truth hurts doesnt it?

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you refused to respond, which is pretty telling. You don't need to answer at this point, its pretty clear.

I dont have anything against anyone. As I said, I am simply saying that homosexuality is a sin and is something that we should encourage people to turn from in repentance rather than excuse or celebrate. Never once have I said I am better than or in less need of grace than a homosexual. NEVER!! You are falsely stating this to deflect from the real issue.

In any event, I know you will continue to do so because you are seeking to justify yourself. So instead, I will just post a verse that I think is very informative on this topic for others to read and consider:

“This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” (1 John 1:5–7, NIV84)

Some points to consider:
1). If we claim to have fellowship, yet our lives consist of evil behaviors that God condemns, we are not living according to the truth. Those who claim to know the truth yet defend and live in darkness are lying.

2). If we walk in the truth and accept the truth of what God says and apply it to our lives, we will walk in the light of God and the blood of Jesus will cleanse us from our sins. The blood of Jesus does NOT cleanse those who lie to themselves, refuse to repent and remain in darkness and evil behaviors. It is not that Jesus doesn't want to cleanse them, but because they love their sin more than they love the truth they have chosen themselves to reject the truth and the life. They will not come into the light because they want to remain in their darkness and do not want to be washed and walk in the light of the truth.

So you see, grace and faith go hand in hand. Grace does not come to those who reject the truth and refuse to believe the words of God. Consider the rich young ruler who wanted eternal life. Did Jesus say to him, "Come and enjoy life, young man. I love sinners like you and so feel free to carry on in your sin. of greed. No life change needed. Welcome to eternal life." No, Jesus told him to turn from his sin and get rid of his vice so he could follow Jesus and find life. Yet the young man was unwilling to give up his sin and therefore he could not follow Jesus. Jesus accepts ANYONE...no matter the sin. His grace is sufficient. Yet he DEMANDS that all who would come to him be willing to count the cost, repent and die to themselves and their sin in order to follow him. A person cannot decide to follow Jesus and follow their sin. They must choose. Certainly people stumble and all believers fall and are not perfect. Yet they get up, confess their sins and turn from them again and again to follow Jesus. Do NOT listen to the false teachings here that suggest a person can indulge in acts that grieve the heart of God and still be called a child of God. As John says above, those who walk in darkness do NOT know the truth. Their fruit shows what kind of tree they are. A life filled with the fruit of sexual perversion (or any other perversion) is one that is not born from the seed of God. Just as a person cannot love God and mammon, so they cannot love God and sexual perversion. They will love one and despise the other.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Once again you refused to respond, which is pretty telling. You don't need to answer at this point, its pretty clear.
Should I have to respond to an accusation that is teh devils work to accuse, is it not?? Jesus is my defense you can argue with Him.. Does Jesus have to defend Himself because he was found amongst teh sinners?? Again you look at the outside and have no right. Remember Saul he didnt think He was contending with God untill He met Jesus on the road to damascus, found out he was blind untill his eyes where opened.

Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Mat_25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

all sin is sin, all sin is death. Get over it, hitlers murdering of teh Jews is no worse than teh man who steals a loaf of bread.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren't a martyr, mj. I asked you a simple question and you keep deflecting it. I never accused you of anything, yet you have repeatedly accused me of being a Pharisee and a legalist. So who is accusing whom?

The notion that stealing a loaf of bread and murdering millions of Jews in gas chambers shows how pointless this conversation is. All sin causes us to fall short of the glory of God but not all sin is the same. Moreover, the fact we are all sinners does not mean we can excuse our evil and refuse to repent of it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God but not all sin is the same
Oh if it where not so than teh sentence would be different for each, which it is not. Of course when Jesus asks you , why is it when He asks where is there accuser they point at you, im sure you have teh answer.

I asked you a simple question and you keep deflecting it.
Not a question an accusation, you think im doing this for my sake, no but for your sake, but you need someone to hang. You would love it if I was, God forbid you'd have a big grin all over your face, but not giving you the satisfaction. I was accused of this once before, I dont answer to the devil only God.

And where did i call you a pharisee???

And I can forgive you. would not want anyone to suffer on my behalf.

PS look at science and what they have found about homosexuals and geneaology and hormones. Like I said, you look at teh outside. Now can you change who you are?. I think not.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, well you keep justifying what God has declared unholy...in the name of "science." You can stand before God with your rationale. Im just sharing what the Scripture says and what the Church and Jewish communities have declared for the past 4000 years.

And Ive had enough of your patronizing that you so graciously pour out for my benefit. I'll leave you to your impulses.