HOPE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope is "reserved for us in heaven" Col. 1:5

When we hope for something, it is with an expectation of the thing hoped for coming true. In this world, our expectations can be dashed in a moment! But, when God, our SAVIOR promises something, we can be sure it will happen, amen! But only if we truly "believe", have "faith" that what He say's is true.

This hope is the only thing in this world that brings His peace into our lives. It's like taking a huge sigh of relief KNOWING that He is faithful perfectly.

Below are some of many verses having to do with "hope". Because without it...why bother living??! :)

Psalm 31:24
"Be strong and let your heart take courage,
All you who hope in the Lord."

Romans 12:12
"rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,"

Hebrews 10:23
"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;"

"2 Corinthians 1:10
"who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us."

1 Timothy 4:10
"For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers."

So, let's not give up on the hope that is in us but instead, "trust" Him and what He promised. Hope to deliver from circumstances, from sickness and pain, from ANYTHING that is not from Him, amen.

Romans 15:13
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

God bless and keep you in His hands.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you are right, Nancy.

Haha, just kidding!

Good post.

Your too kind Gary, was a boring post, lol. Just trying to add a bit of something. Usually don't make a thread unless felt moved to but, just trying to contribute SOMETHING :eek: And, I HOPE this post is not putting anyone to sleep :D

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When we hope for something, it is with an expectation of the thing hoped for coming true. In this world, our expectations can be dashed in a moment! But, when God, our SAVIOR promises something, we can be sure it will happen, amen! But only if we truly "believe", have "faith" that what He say's is true.

This hope is the only thing in this world that brings His peace into our lives. It's like taking a huge sigh of relief KNOWING that He is faithful perfectly.

Below are some of many verses having to do with "hope". Because without it...why bother living??! :)

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;"

"who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us."

"For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers."

So, let's not give up on the hope that is in us but instead, "trust" Him and what He promised. Hope to deliver from circumstances, from sickness and pain, from ANYTHING that is not from Him, amen.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

I walked in here pretty short on hope at this morning. This past week has been another slide into depression. My wife is getting hit too. I feel like I'm grasping straws.

1 Corinthians 15:58 KJV
Therefore, my beloved sisteren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I walked in here pretty short on hope at this morning. This past week has been another slide into depression. My wife is getting hit too. I feel like I'm grasping straws.

Therefore, my beloved sisteren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Much love!

Can a good teacher never expect to be attacked. You are a good teacher. From the beginning I have seen your attacks(from the outside) but what is the proper way to relay that to you. Put on your weapons of warfare and stand. Then speak. Our Father, is right there with us, and will give us the words to say. Keep up the good work Marks!

Reactions: marks and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Hold you head up to Him and consider the Hope that is before you.

"...look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:28

Give God the glory!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

After Adam and Even disobeyed God all men had was hope. Sinners have hope very often in things which will never fill up the empty dead places within themselves. But there is a better Hope!

In the worst of times, God has always left men with hope a glimmer of Light if only they will look at it take that forward step from Hope to Faith. The following verses speaks of a man born to woman before he has faith in God or salvation:

"That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world." John 1:9

As unbelievers or as unsaved sinners, we had hope... but then...

"And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee." Psalm 39:7

Throughout the OT there were people who had hope, hope of something better, hope of receiving the Life lost with our first carnal parents. The Messiah, the Christ was only a distant Hope but then He arrived on the scene to make a Way us providing also the means to move closer to Him. Jesus was and is that Hope. Hope to move from death to Life:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

So then we began to see, although initially as through a glass darkly still there is further hope, hope of a better vision, a face to face vision:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Reactions: Nancy

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope is all we have in the place. We are born dying and everything here is passing away. We can’t have hope in earthly things because they are all temporary. Fix our minds on Jesus and what he has promised and remind ourselves this earth and these temples are temporary!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can a good teacher never expect to be attacked. You are a good teacher. From the beginning I have seen your attacks(from the outside) but what is the proper way to relay that to you. Put on your weapons of warfare and stand. Then speak. Our Father, is right there with us, and will give us the words to say. Keep up the good work Marks!
Thank you!!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:28

Amen!!!

Give God the glory!
I read Romans 4 to my wife this morning.

I love to read the part about Abraham, that he was strong in faith, or, literally, (passive voice verb), He was strenghtened in faith, giving glory to God.

We read that Abraham was strong in faith, giving glory to God. That his trust was strong, and he gave God the glory.

I don't always feel strong in faith.

But with the passive voice, it's saying, Abraham was strengthened in his faith, and that he was 'made strong' gives God the glory, because God was the One Who made Abraham strong in faith.

The glory is His, because He carries me home.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After Adam and Even disobeyed God all men had was hope. Sinners have hope very often in things which will never fill up the empty dead places within themselves. But there is a better Hope!

In the worst of times, God has always left men with hope a glimmer of Light if only they will look at it take that forward step from Hope to Faith. The following verses speaks of a man born to woman before he has faith in God or salvation:

"That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world." John 1:9

As unbelievers or as unsaved sinners, we had hope... but then...

"And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee." Psalm 39:7

Throughout the OT there were people who had hope, hope of something better, hope of receiving the Life lost with our first carnal parents. The Messiah, the Christ was only a distant Hope but then He arrived on the scene to make a Way us providing also the means to move closer to Him. Jesus was and is that Hope. Hope to move from death to Life:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

So then we began to see, although initially as through a glass darkly still there is further hope, hope of a better vision, a face to face vision:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Yes sir! We hope for the things we do not yet see but, in faith and trust we KNOW it will be as nothing we can even imagine, amen!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Me likes hope.. :)

Be blessed in that hope..

A fellow servant of His, Not me