Horses in Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one needs to assign anything to the four horses and horsemen of the Apocalypse. God has already assigned evil intent to all of them. False Christs, false prophets, wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes, pestilences, persecutions, evil beasts, famine, sickness, starvation, death, Hades, and Hell are all there. All of this began in the first century and has been gathering momentum ever since. No one imagined the insanity that we have been seeing since 2020. Which means that Satan and his evil angels have been cast down to earth.
The seven seals have not been opened and will not be open until after the fullness of the Gentiles comes in. They are called the four horsemen of the Apocalypse because they occur during the Apocalypse.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The seven seals have not been opened and will not be open until after the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.
Totally false and the Olivet Discourse proves that. The first five seals were opened immediately after Revelation was completed. The first false Christ (Messiah) was Simon bar Kochba in the 2nd century. Many other false Christs came after Him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that is the majority opinion. I just don't agree with it. God's 'horsemen' figure prominently in scripture in a positive light. We see Elijah taken up and there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire which separated Elijah and Elisha.

Later when the odds seemed insurmountable, and Dothan surrounded, Elisha asked God to let his servant see the spiritual reality of the army (chariots and horsemen) of God.

Then Elisha prayed and said, “O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” And the LORD opened the servant’s eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

And it's these fiery horses we see again in Rev 9, that we see the 7 Angels of God summoning with trumpets. Do you think it's Satan that is running the show? Everything that happens is on cue, perfectly timed and for a purpose.

People miss that and that's why they feel the need to assign some sort of evil intent to these horses. It was the Angel of God who was sent as a destroying Angel of death, no? Did that make him evil, or obedient to God? Mentioned already were spiritual accounts recorded in Job, in Ezekiel, Zechariah and Jeremiah, and on and on. Satan is not the victor. The antichrist isn't on a white horse.

Just came across this and see it fits with the argument that the 1st white horseman is certainly not Jesus.
"He shall not stand who handles the bow, The swift of foot shall not escape, Nor shall he who rides a horse deliver himself."
Amos 2:15

Perhaps the reason there are no arrows is that they have been expended already and the false-christ comes in false peace...for a season (Daniel 9:27)? JMHO. There are other more certain interpretations of this bow. I would love to have a better understanding of the arrows. I've heard all about the Greek "toxon", the bag, the poison and such...just don't quite 'get it'.

Jesus comes with a sharp sword from His mouth. The first horse of Rev., IMHO, is the imposter.

"15 And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.…" Revelation 19:15

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
Matt. 24:24

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just came across this and see it fits with the argument that the 1st white horseman is certainly not Jesus.
"He shall not stand who handles the bow, The swift of foot shall not escape, Nor shall he who rides a horse deliver himself."
Amos 2:15

Perhaps the reason there are no arrows is that they have been expended already and the false-christ comes in false peace...for a season (Daniel 9:27)? JMHO. There are other more certain interpretations of this bow. I would love to have a better understanding of the arrows. I've heard all about the Greek "toxon", the bag, the poison and such...just don't quite 'get it'.

Jesus comes with a sharp sword from His mouth. The first horse of Rev., IMHO, is the imposter.

"15 And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.…" Revelation 19:15

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
Matt. 24:24

That (Amos quote) puts you at odds with orthodoxy regarding Rev 19:11.

Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He who rides the horse will not save himself? Do you think that the 19:11 rider will be conquered?

People get easily confused and worked up about imposters and anti-Christs and such. They search for boogeymen behind every bush and tree. It's fascinating to consider that the most anti-Christ people of all (at the time of his coming) were the most religious. They were the ones who opposed him and stood against all he was doing and teaching. They were the ones who called Jesus a fraud, a fake, a deceiver, a liar, and a devil.

Do you think it will be any different when the Christ returns? It's no small thing to misidentify this horse and rider.

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
And clever in their own sight!

The account has been intellectualized over centuries (millennia) and ideas stewed and chewed upon to the point that what is in the pot is indistinguishable from what is vomited out. That's graphic. My point is that if folks just keep adding ingredients, stirring and stewing-- what you get is what you got. Nothing but inferences and ideas that are far from what was in the beginning.

Are there imposters? Of course. That's the deception at the core. For everything that is true, there is a false equivalence. It's a polarity. 12 hours of daylight, 12 hours of darkness. Good seed, and bad weed seed. And it's all for a purpose. It's His intent that folks are presented with a choice and that they choose. Then comes the harvest.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He who rides the horse will not save himself? Do you think that the 19:11 rider will be conquered?"
Well, since I do believe he is an imposter sent to conquer and him being the false messiah, then yes...he will be conquered.

As far as: "People get easily confused and worked up about imposters and anti-Christs and such. "They search for boogeymen behind every bush and tree."

That's because they are! Why so many warnings in the word of God?
What Does the Bible Say About The Antichrist?

We might have to disagree in peace brother, unless or until The Lord shows me differently.
Thank you for the reply's

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He who rides the horse will not save himself? Do you think that the 19:11 rider will be conquered?"
Well, since I do believe he is an imposter sent to conquer and him being the false messiah, then yes...he will be conquered.

As far as: "People get easily confused and worked up about imposters and anti-Christs and such. "They search for boogeymen behind every bush and tree."

That's because they are! Why so many warnings in the word of God?
What Does the Bible Say About The Antichrist?

We might have to disagree in peace brother, unless or until The Lord shows me differently.
Thank you for the reply's

I'm not out to convince you, you'll have to convince yourself. I don't quite see how you can be so confused about the 19:11 reference. The Rev 6 is one thing, but the other? How could it be more clear?

And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not out to convince you, you'll have to convince yourself. I don't quite see how you can be so confused about the 19:11 reference. The Rev 6 is one thing, but the other? How could it be more clear?

And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
" I don't quite see how you can be so confused about the 19:11 reference. The Rev 6 is one thing, but the other? How could it be more clear?"

It's just that I believe their will be two white horses, the one described with the bow is not the one in 19:11 far as the descriptions given so logically, it (IMHO) is not Jesus on the first white horse.
I have to go with what God is showing me and what makes sense to me.
Much love brother!