How Amillennialism changed how the gospel is preached

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can't just take doctrines out of the bible, it has a domino effect. It changes other doctrines and of course leaves a gap which must be filled ... with false doctrines.

One great effect of the church's decision in the 4th century to drop the doctrine of the 1, 000 year reign of Christ on earth with His saints in favour of Amillennialism is to compound the coming again of our Lord Jesus to gather His church with His coming to judge the living and the dead.

These in truth are 2 seperate events 1, 000 years apart.

His coming again or 2nd advent to gather His church is followed by His kingdom being set up on earth and the restoration of all things as we are taught to pray "Thy kingdom come will be done ON EARTH as it is in Heaven."

His coming to judge the living and the dead on the last day comes after the earth is destroyed.

This is what makes the last judgement between the sheep and goats impossible to be a judgement between the church and the nonchurch as it always presented in evangelism. This is what produces the brimstone and hellfire style of evangelism so beloved by many, the turn or burn brigade.

The world is to be judged by how they ministered to the people of God during their pilgrimage on earth, "in-as-much as ye have done it to one of the least of these My brethren ye have done it to Me" If carefully considered this makes for a much, much wider mercy than is generally supposed.

Those sheeps are not the church but they recieve an inheritance. Is their inheritance Heaven? I don't think so ...

"Blessed are ye that do hunger and thirst for righteousness for yours is the Kingdom of heaven"
"Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth"

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't just take doctrines out of the bible, it has a domino effect. It changes other doctrines and of course leaves a gap that must be filled ... with false doctrines.

And the same issue exists in relationship to the Doctrines that we simply do not understand, nor are aware of. Colossians 2:9-15 is the Holy Key towards understanding the True Gospel of Christ . . . the Plan of Christ. Yet, virtually no pastors use their pulpits to discuss the utter Core, Center, and Heart of the entire Bible. And this is why there are reportedly 3+ billion Christians in the world, yet the Bible is clear that there is only a small remnant. This means we have billions calling themselves "Christian" when in reality . . . they are not.

Matthew 7:22-23 CSB - "On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, and do many miracles in your name?' "Then I will announce to them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you lawbreakers!"

Colossians 2:9-15 speaks of how True Believers are released from the Law, yet above, Jesus refers to those people as Lawbreakers. Why? Because He, Jesus, had not yet Circumcised their Hearts, thus releasing them from the Law.

We will NOT understand the Word of God until we get Colossians 2:9-15 into our Hearts.

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And the same issue exists in relationship to the Doctrines that we simply do not understand, nor are aware of. Colossians 2:9-15 is the Holy Key towards understanding the True Gospel of Christ . . . the Plan of Christ. Yet, virtually no pastors use their pulpits to discuss the utter Core, Center, and Heart of the entire Bible. And this is why there are reportedly 3+ billion Christians in the world, yet the Bible is clear that there is only a small remnant. This means we have billions calling themselves "Christian" when in reality . . . they are not.

Matthew 7:22-23 CSB - "On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, and do many miracles in your name?' "Then I will announce to them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you lawbreakers!"

Colossians 2:9-15 speaks of how True Believers are released from the Law, yet above, Jesus refers to those people as Lawbreakers. Why? Because He, Jesus, had not yet Circumcised their Hearts, thus releasing them from the Law.

We will NOT understand the Word of God until we get Colossians 2:9-15 into our Hearts.

Almost every true born again believer desires holiness, some have given up trying and accept that they have sins which they will never get victory over.

The cause is bad teaching, false doctrines.

There is only one way to attain to holiness and that is KNOWING that Christ Himself IS our sanctification. Understanding that sanctification is just as much a gift as salvation.

William Booth the first General of the Salvation Army speaks of his early days in the ministry how he and his wife would spend many hours on their knees begging God to make them holy when one night a light shone on him like it shone on Luther in the matter of salvation by faith and the scripture " He hath sanctified for all time by a single offering them that come to Him by faith" came ALIVE in him and he realised he had been begging God to do something that was already done. He jumped up and he never prayed that prayer again.

We HAVE been made holy, or been circumcised in the flesh whether we know it or not but we will only attain to it in real time by knowing it.

The alternative to receiving it by revelation of God's word is to go back to the law, or by self denial and long onerous devotions and these never will bring us the desired end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group