How Can God Love Them And Be Angry with Them?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To offer warning where someone is wandering away from the word of God is showing love
So you much prefer correction to kindness eh. Gives you a buzz. It's addictive I guess. To help the less fortunate by filling them with pious scripture.
Has it ever occurred to you that , this is actually counter productive? And not love, at all?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Context.
When Caesar issues of command, it is to the “world” ruled by Caesar.
When God speaks of the “world”, it is the world ruled by God.
The whole world ruled by God is bigger than the whole world ruled by Caesar.
Yes. So when God so loved the world he meant the whole world and all the people in it not just the Roman empire.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. So when God so loved the world he meant the whole world and all the people in it not just the Roman empire.

ERROR - Because the whole world (heavens/universe) that you speak of will be destroyed and God will create a new heaven and earth where righteousness will dwell, and where there will also be no more tears, pains, and sorrows.

Imagine, if God loved the whole world and the people in it, there will no one be in hell, and He will not have to create a new heaven and earth.

To God Be The Glory

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ERROR - Because the whole world (heavens/universe) that you speak of will be destroyed and God will create a new heaven and earth where righteousness will dwell, and where there will also be no more tears, pains, and sorrows.

Imagine, if God loved the whole world and the people in it, there will no one be in hell, and He will not have to create a new heaven and earth.

To God Be The Glory
Oh my! You are so mixed up Jun. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Romans 6:10
The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

2 Corinthians 5:14
For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

2 Corinthians 5:15
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

• Tell me Jun, does 'all' mean all or does it just mean some?

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think God is into punishment much.
Spare the rod, spoil the child? No that's a different God to the one I talk to.
Then you must read a different Bible than most Christians do?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh my! You are so mixed up Jun. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Romans 6:10
The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

2 Corinthians 5:14
For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

2 Corinthians 5:15
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

• Tell me Jun, does 'all' mean all or does it just mean some?
@JunChosen

Ezekiel 18:23
Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Lord GOD. Wouldn't I prefer that he turn from his ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32
For I take no pleasure in anyone's death, declares the Lord GOD. So repent and live!

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them: 'As surely as I live, declares the Lord GOD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked should turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'

Isaiah 45:22
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Isaiah 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

John 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

Romans 11:14
in the hope that I may provoke my own people to jealousy and save some of them.

1 Timothy 4:10
To this end we labor and strive, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of everyone, and especially of those who believe.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to everyone.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:3-5
This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read the one where God is love. Different one to yours?
Might be the Catholic version is different.
I read the one where God ordered the genocide of several Canaanite nations, and also sent His messiah to redeem the world.
You need to be more comprehensive and mature in your understanding of God. No cherry-picking allowed.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I read the one where God ordered the genocide of several Canaanite nations, and also sent His messiah to redeem the world.
You need to be more comprehensive and mature in your understanding of God. No cherry-picking allowed.
Atheists will use that one against you.
How can genocide be love?
Or are you saying that God is not love?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me Jun, does 'all' mean all or does it just mean some?

Depends on the context, of course.

What I have observed you and others like you do is pick and choose Scripture verses to suit your agendas. For example, you are having so much problem understanding with the word "all" as we know all means "each and every." But let's see what God has to say about the word "all" in context.

I Corinthians 15:22:
"For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive."

We know the first word "all" means "each and every" but the second word "all" cannot mean the same or God would be lying to us BECAUSE hell will heavily be populated!

And again we read in Luke 2:1:
“And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.”

Now, we know the word "all" cannot mean each and every nation in the world. China and other nations, for instance, already existed at that time.

Do I need to go on or do you get the gist above?

To God Be The Glory

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can love anyone and be angry with them because you feel for them, you see them do wrong or are being mislead are you happy ?

One who you do not love ? well you do not care to be angry with such a one. or will not bother with because in doing so, you may as well be talking to a brick wall.