How COVID-19 Foreshadows The Apocalypse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I actually believe Jesus described the Great Tribulation of the Jews as being the worst in history because it is the *longest* punishment the Jews have ever experience, dwarfing the 70 year Babylonian Captivity. Throughout the 2000 years of Jewish abandonment by God they have experienced untold evils from wicked men. Nothing happening at the end of the age will dwarf that, in my view. But I understand--judgments coming upon mankind for a final apostasy will be bad.
Was Revelation written to the Jews, or 7 churches?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OJB
The Hisgalus [Revelation, Appearance, Exposure of what is Nistar (Hidden), Sod (Secret), Raz (Mystery)] of Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach Yehoshua which Hashem gave to him to show to his mesharetim (servants, klei kodesh, ministers) MAH DI LEHEVE (“what will happen,” Dan 2:28f), the things which are destined to take place, and speedily; Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach made it known by sending his malach (angel) to his mesharet (servant, keli kodesh, minister), Yochanan. [AMOS 3:7]

CJB
This is the revelation which God gave to Yeshua the Messiah, so that he could show his servants what must happen very soon. He communicated it by sending his angel to his servant Yochanan,

AMP
This is the revelation of Jesus Christ [His unveiling of the divine mysteries], which God [the Father] gave to Him to show to His bond-servants (believers) the things which must soon take place [in their entirety]; and He sent and communicated it by His angel (divine messenger) to His bond-servant John,
(not to churches - to be seen later)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Olivet Discourse was spoken to Jewish believers and was about the Jewish Nation. Matthew, Mark, and Luke all recorded the Discourse on behalf of the Church, so the Church could learn a lesson from the Jewish experience. The book of Revelation was written to the international Church, which includes a Jewish remnant of believers.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Revelation was written to the international Church
Show this from the first chapter or three of the book of Revelation.

(It says something else there , in Revelation, than you posted so far in one post)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show this from the first chapter or three of the book of Revelation.

(It says something else there , in Revelation, than you posted so far in one post)

I don't know what you're looking for? Why don't you tell me?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you're looking for? Why don't you tell me?
Who was the book written to, ACCORDING TO THE BOOK ? (In the first chapter I think)

Obviously not the international , nor the church, as you posted. (where did you get that idea anyway?)

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Olivet Discourse was spoken to Jewish believers and was about the Jewish Nation. Matthew, Mark, and Luke all recorded the Discourse on behalf of the Church, so the Church could learn a lesson from the Jewish experience. The book of Revelation was written to the international Church, which includes a Jewish remnant of believers.
We are not talking about the Gospels, even if John wrote one Gospel for the church.

Even the church persecuted the Jews. Why would John warn the church about not being involved in the persecution of the Jews?

Revelation can not be a comfort for the Jews if it was written as a warning that the church will persecute the Jews. The destruction of 70AD was not even about the church but a rebellion against the Romans by Jewish warlords who even killed each other. God placed a book in the Bible for the whole church to struggle over just waiting to see who would fall away first and who would play the whore. Sounds very comforting. There is not one single evidence of when. The only indication that it would end in a 3.5 year period called the Great Tribulation. And the book never mentioned antichrist once. Try to think of theology without any mention of an antichrist once. Who was the first person in history to call Nero the antichrist? With the answer, remove that person and their theology from your thinking as if they never existed. What would theology look like with not one mention of antichrist? Now look up every group heretical or not that the church tried to eradicate and wipe off the face of the earth. Focus on their teachings and why the church wanted them gone. The key is in the history of the church and who they wanted to silence. At some point the truth was silenced and apostasy set in. But the greatest falling away would be in the time of peace and safety without fear of apostasy.