How Did Apostle Paul Fulfill His Commission To Kings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
In Acts 9, our Lord Jesus said Paul (Saul) was His "chosen vessel" to preach The Gospel to Gentiles, to kings, and to the children of Israel.

Acts 9:11-15
11 And the Lord said unto him, "Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight."
13 Then Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on Thy name."
15 But the Lord said unto him, "Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
(KJV)

So how did Apostle Paul fulfill that commission of bearing The Gospel to kings?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Well I'm not sure of any other account in the scriptures, but since that time I'm sure that Paul's gospel has effected many kings since. King James for one.
I'm sure it must have happened because Christ said so, do you know of any place it is recorded in the scriptures?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm sure it must have happened because Christ said so, do you know of any place it is recorded in the scriptures?

Yes. See this thread... http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/15269-claudia-in-2-timothy-421

Thing is, the Pudens tradition evidence occurs in secular writings outside God's Word. But Pudens, Claudia, and their son Linus (first Bishop of Rome) are mentiioned by Apostle Paul in the Books of Timothy and Romans. Their presence in Rome by secular historians occurs in the same timeframe of Paul's captivity in Rome.