The Chosen . . . The Bride

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people of Israel . . . the children of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, His people because He chose them, the Chosen Nation, from among all the other nations.

Deuteronomy 7:6-8 KJV
6) For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 14:2 KJV
2) For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

The Spiritual fulfillment is here, as Peter addresses Christian Israelites:

1 Peter 2:9-10 KJV
9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Which was addressed to,

1 Peter 1:1 LITV
1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the elect sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, of Galatia, of Cappadocia, of Asia, and of Bithynia,

The dispersion, the diaspora, these are the Israelites who were scattered - diaspora - to other lands. This is in harmony with:

Galatians 2:8-9 LITV
8) (for He working in Peter to an apostleship of the circumcision, also worked in me to the nations),
9) and knowing the grace given to me, James and Cephas and John, those seeming to be pillars, gave right hands of fellowship to Barnabas and to me, that we go to the nations, but they to the circumcision;

Paul, in Romans 9 presents the case for who is Israel, they are the children of Abraham, but not all the children, just those of promise, Isaac. And not all of Isaac's children, just the chosen. Paul adds to this that of them God has preserved Himself a remnent, who believe, and goes on to say all Israel will be saved.

This is an interesting thing considering Zechariah prophesied 2/3 of Israel will be killed in the time of affliction before Jesus comes. But 1/3 will remain, the faithful remnent. And so all Israel will be saved, because Israel is the believing children, the faithful remnent, of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

To Israel God was wed, and is now divorced, and will re-wed when "the bride has made herself ready"

Matthew 23:37-39 KJV
37) O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38) Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39) For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Much love!