How do we deal with it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said, "make sure that you are filled with the Holy Spirit." But doesn't God decide whether or not to fill me with the Spirit?

No, it is really up to us to "Repent...and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38-39. We are not robots. God wants us to love Him with all our heart, that we cannot do until after we receive His Spirit."

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is really up to us to "Repent...and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38-39. We are not robots. God wants us to love Him with all our heart, that we cannot do until after we receive His Spirit."
I repented a long time ago. Why did I start getting bored?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I repented a long time ago. Why did I start getting bored?
Because you may not have been thinking of reaching out to others, either with the Gospel or with material, spiritual, and emotional support. There are many needs and needy people all around.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My only evidence of what the Lord Jesus Christ at least came to do.​
The showing of how the power of the Devil was not even able to tempt the Lord Jesus Christ from falling. I believe the power that was in the Lord Jesus Christ, was the soul - or the Word of God, whom had also the Father with them by the Spirit of the Holy Ghost or (The Fathers Spirit) in union together, and because of the Father working by the Spirit and the Word of God - the Flesh of Jesus was held back, as he went and lived and preached the coming of the Kingdom (Luke 4:43) and of the Wrath (Matthew 3:7; Matthew 23;24;25) that would come upon that nation for the choice they (the Jewish nations had made (John 15:25;Acts 2:36) in plotting and deciding to turn over Jesus to the romans(Matthew 27:11-54), to have him killed, in which the blood would be in their hands (Matthew 27:25); - when the Flesh of Jesus was hanging on the cross, taken down; placed into the tomb (John 19:38-42)- and three days later, was risen again (Romans 8:11) by the Father by the holy spirit of God, and that spirit resides in believers today who follow after having a relationship with the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. Which is by growing and knowing who they are in the Lord, becoming a child of God.​
John 12:1-36
While everyone was going to join up to worship at the feast, in Jerusalem, Philip came, and also Andrew. Philip and Andrew, was enquring to see Jesus.

Jesus told them "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed; but if it dies it bears much fruit." - Speaking of him dying, and the result from the one and only promised seed, the Son of God, to be partaking with all this for the glory of the Father. Because of this much fruit for the Kingdom of God would be possible, and many people would come to being saved and restored in their souls, and in their heart and minds;.

Jesus goes on to also tell them " Whoever loves his life will lose it, but whoever hates his life in this world will keep it (life eternal - growing in the spirit rather in world ways - to pick up ones cross and die with Christ to sin and into newness of life), If anyone serves the Messiah, that person must follow Jesus, and where I am, my servant will be as well. (Explaining that they would becoming to see Jesus again as well, if they did not met him at his return, before their own death).

Jesus goes on to speak to them saying "Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? Father save me from this hour?" - Speaking of being on the cross, and asking the Father to help save him at this hour (which would not work on it not being a willing person to die on all mankind behalf).

Jesus goes on to say, and answer his question - "No, it is for this purpose that I have come to this hour, Father, glorify your name."

Then around Philip and Andrew, and the crowd surrounding, heard a voice that came in the cloud, saying "I have glorified it, I will glorify it again." - Speaking of resurrection, the crowds there heard that voice, and said that it had thundered, and that angels had spoken to the Lord.

In réponse - to them hearing, Jesus said "This voice was no for my Benefit, but yours. Now judgement is upon this world, I suppose this could mean the judgement of this world - will be reconciled to God because of the Father through Christ was desirous to reconcile the world unto himself, with Word of God deciding to die on behalf of all the world so that sin would be taken care of - which by man sin entered - this is why blood and goats couldn't satisfy God; it was pure blood and that pure blood was founded in Christ which is able to save people in this life from spiritual death and sin, by the spirit.

Also he says now the prince of this world will be cast out - verse 31 - Some believe that this is talking about a person who is a kingdom ruling, I believe that Jesus is talking about casting the devil out of this world, and if that is the case, that was the very reason Jesus was also sent (1 John 3:8).

1 John 3:8 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Jesus goes on further to explain That when he would be lifted up from the earth, will draw everyone unto himself - the reason being because he was a person who loved God, and lived a live having loved others and it payed hanging on a cross, which was taken down by a man and the tomb Jesus was laid in was borrowed by the man who believed and had faith that God would raise Jesus Christ up from the dead.

The crowd replied, "We have heard the Law that the Christ will remain forever. So how can you say that the Son of man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?

Then Jesus told them, "For a little while longer, the Light will be among you. Walk while you have the light, so that darkness will not overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become sons of light."

Jesus encourages them to walk in the light, and to not let darkness over take them.

One other note, is this
Revelation 20:10 John the beloved states

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14-15 KJV​

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This is the reason why I believe that the final chapters of Revelation 21 - 22, are the final pictures and types of that the new heavens and earth - which I take to mean this in a spiritual sense now today because no one goes the temple to worship anymore. I believe Revelation 1 - 20 dealt with Roman and Israel, for the most part - and the judgement of all those who were in hell, and those in the white throne judgement. I do believe all people when they die are judged, and sent either outside the kingdom of God with and condemned resurrected body - or those who are given a normal resurrected body for having faith in the Son of God, who gave his life up for all the people in the world. Really amazing that Lord has done all these things, and to believe he has not taken care of the devil in my best estimation is just simply ones own choice to believe, and that is okay however these are some Biblical reasons why I do not no longer worry about Satan being around because he really is not - its the darkness, that Jesus tells the people to fight against.

The Father looks for those who worship him in spirit and in truth.

There is a judgement and for me I take it to be quick, and it is as death, that God will raise you too up from the death, believer or not.

So whatever a person may decide, the fact of the defeat of the devil is there which a person may believe by faith. The world has it is own lust (1 John 2:16) ( James 1:14-15; and we commit it when whatever it is we let in our heart starts to effect the desires of the heart, and then we commit sins which brings for death either physically or spiritually).
I totally believe in the total victory over all things in Christ Jesus, personally but some still do not and that is okay, will respect anyone and where they are in Christ, as these topics are not salvation issue; not loving God and others is a salvation questionable issues, that need to be talked out with God, and perhaps pressed out by reading the word and studying and that would be encouraged to anyone.​

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you may not have been thinking of reaching out to others, either with the Gospel or with material, spiritual, and emotional support. There are many needs and needy people all around.
I spend five hours at the church every Monday doing volunteer maintenance work, visit shut-ins, sing in the choir. I'm on a board of directors at my apartment cooperative, responsible for keeping the place running and taking care of problems that arise. It's not that I'm not reaching out at all.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I spend five hours at the church every Monday doing volunteer maintenance work, visit shut-ins, sing in the choir. I'm on a board of directors at my apartment cooperative, responsible for keeping the place running and taking care of problems that arise. It's not that I'm not reaching out at all.
Then why are you "bored"? You have plenty on your plate, so be thankful. Or get a hobby that will keep you busy the rest of the time.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible teaches us that Satan rules this world (1 John 5:19). How do we deal with that? Does God have a way of lifting us above all that?
I think the thing is, that certain principalities and powers are there to shape and mould us.

We can escape, but if all we do is escape to get out of building character, God is going to make that really, really, really hard to do.

Not that you can't ultimately escape for good, just that you pass through fire to do so.

That's God, if you didn't have what you needed to survive eternity, he would test you until you do.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find verse 18 interesting. It says a person born of God does not sin. So if a person tries to walk with God but occasionally sins, is he not, then, born of God?
Not at all. We are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Our sins are forgiven and remembered no more by God. We are in his grace. We are no longer dead in our sins.

Reactions: Bob Estey

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the thing is, that certain principalities and powers are there to shape and mould us.

We can escape, but if all we do is escape to get out of building character, God is going to make that really, really, really hard to do.

Not that you can't ultimately escape for good, just that you pass through fire to do so.

That's God, if you didn't have what you needed to survive eternity, he would test you until you do.
I think the fire we pass through is caused by our own sin. The less we sin, the easier it is to escape.