How do we know we're ready for Jesus' coming?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought some of you might be interest in this. There are quite a few very deep discussions on the board and I'm hoping this can be one!

Our church does podcasts every week and this is the topic of the most recent broadcast. I'm hoping believers will get involved and give their thoughts and add anything we may have missed. You can find it, free, here.

We're taking good look at the parable Jesus provided in Matthew on the 12 virgins who were waiting for the bridge groom to arrive. 5 were wise and carried extra oil for their lamps, 5 didn't, had to go get more, and then found themselves locked out of the wedding feast. This is the difference between "well done my good and faithful servant" and "I never knew you". The oil represents the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and we talk about how to keep our oil "full" and be prepared for the rapture of the church through a close relationship with God.

We're just a little church trying to step out in faith for the Lord. The only intention here is to help believers in these troubling times. This is not a solicitation. Everything is free and we aren't making a penny off of it. If you have time, please listen in and join the discussion to bring revelation for your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, amen!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I thought some of you might be interest in this. There are quite a few very deep discussions on the board and I'm hoping this can be one!

Our church does podcasts every week and this is the topic of the most recent broadcast. I'm hoping believers will get involved and give their thoughts and add anything we may have missed. You can find it, free, here.

We're taking good look at the parable Jesus provided in Matthew on the 12 virgins who were waiting for the bridge groom to arrive. 5 were wise and carried extra oil for their lamps, 5 didn't, had to go get more, and then found themselves locked out of the wedding feast. This is the difference between "well done my good and faithful servant" and "I never knew you". The oil represents the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and we talk about how to keep our oil "full" and be prepared for the rapture of the church through a close relationship with God.

We're just a little church trying to step out in faith for the Lord. The only intention here is to help believers in these troubling times. This is not a solicitation. Everything is free and we aren't making a penny off of it. If you have time, please listen in and join the discussion to bring revelation for your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, amen!
Hi @Misty Williams I also love how the Lord's Supper keeps us looking up, 'till He come' (1 Corinthians 11.26). :)

Reactions: Cassandra

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! We need to be watching and waiting for our Lord's return, and we need to seek that close, initimate relationship with God and learn to recognize that still, small verse.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If we are saved- we are ready!

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't listen to your broadcast, so I apologize if this is answered on that, but I'm wondering, in your view, what is required so that you are "ready for Jesus' return"?

My answer is that we need to be baptized into Christ.

Much love!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh that's just a starting off point. We have to seek a close relationship with God, keep our lamp filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit through study of the Word, faith, obedience, yielding control to God, bearing fruit, etc. If you get a chance, listen in because we go over tips for "filling your oil" and having confidence that you are prepared for His precious return. Take care!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh that's just a starting off point. We have to seek a close relationship with God, keep our lamp filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit through study of the Word, faith, obedience, yielding control to God, bearing fruit, etc. If you get a chance, listen in because we go over tips for "filling your oil" and having confidence that you are prepared for His precious return. Take care!!
Those are all towards living the abundant life. We are trusting in God both for abundant fruitfulness, and our reconciliation to Him.

Romans 5:1 KJV
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Having peace with God, we will be received by Him. There is nothing we either can or must add to Jesus' death for us. We are reconciled to God entirely in Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:2 KJV
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

In that same trusting in Jesus, that His death and resurrection are all-sufficient for our full and complete reconciliation to God, we can stand in His grace. We can stand against the wiles of the devil. We can stand when the fiery darts are testing us. We can trust the truth that we are His workmanship, and in so trusting, walk in those good works.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is good that you have thought in terms of parables, for this too is a parable and a mystery.

Just as marriage was from the beginning but the significance was not fully known until Jesus announced the wedding of the bridegroom, and Paul elaborated to say that the mystery was "as Christ is to the church", so too is the mystery of Jesus' coming again. Another example would be our need to be born again of the spirit of God. Unbelievable at first--but true nonetheless.

However, before what I am about to say is passed off as mere theory, would it be wrong to say, "the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect?" Certainly not. But if I tell you what you have not expected nor ever believed, how shall you receive the news knowing that it is written that it should be so? Most of course will not believe--sadly history has established this to be true. Nonetheless, have we not been told prior to all things we did not first believe? We have.

So then, no, we cannot reenter our mother's womb, nor was marriage only to be between a man and a women...and the second coming of Christ is not what we have expected. We have His word on it. Which means, yes, we must take the expected "rapture" theory off the table. For now, if you have heard and believed that one thing which has always been true--perhaps it is enough, that you might begin to believe that much.

For now and for this reason I will cut things short. For the scriptures already testify to the truth, and why should I elaborate what is not to be believed by most? I will be brief:

The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." Likewise (in parable) the first coming of Christ was in the flesh, and the second coming is in the full glory and power of the Father--in spirit. "God is spirit." Jesus is God.

As for when He comes, this Paul also explained that it was not some future one-time mass event as we might expect, but rather "each in his own order"--at least from our perspective of being in the world.

As for the first argument of disbelief about how "every eye shall see" if it is not a mass one-time event? It is indeed a mass, one-time event--just not as "expected." What is expected is that such an event will occur in the world...because, Jesus said He will return. But He explained it, and no, it is not as expected--not that He should be in the world again, but rather "I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." Every eye will indeed see--but there, not here. For He also said, "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more."

And that "hour no one knows?" To the living or the dead: "at an hour you do not expect." Which is to say, He comes to the living in the world--in you; and to the dead--you in Him. Christ being "the End", He comes at the end of ones self, either in life, or in death--which is that "hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only."

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would say if you truly wanted it you would be ready. If you want to be happy when he does come however, you will want to make sure that you are obedient to the gospel now, not wait until his coming is right around the corner.