How do you forgive God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much love to you, my brother. Be blest this day and forever, pressing toward the mark of the high calling in God .❤️
Let us run this race with joy and peace in our hearts.
OUR HOPE IS IN CHRIST JESUS . That GIVETH great joy and peace to our souls .
YES it do sister . Ponder on the hope we have in CHRIST JESUS . Yes indeed .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much love to you, my brother. Be blest this day and forever, pressing toward the mark of the high calling in God .❤️
Let us run this race with joy and peace in our hearts.
Sister , did you know that is one of the ways they used to spell blessed . yep . blest .
Let the LORD be praised . I enjoy reading the older english scriptures too . LAMBS have been in all generations .
LAMBS loveth THE LORD JESUS , HIS TRUTH , ER WORD OF THE KING . many have come before us
and now we enter into the final hour . One day every single lamb from all ages will ALL be gathered as one
BEFORE HE who saved us . What a paradise awaits the lambs .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Really? I seriously don't get it...

I don't post here all that often... (I need an emoji with a confused look and a bunch of question marks above my head)
Point to CHRIST JESUS and all biblical beautiful sound doctrine to the last breath .
be encouraged and let the LORD be praised and thanked .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Really? I seriously don't get it...

I don't post here all that often... (I need an emoji with a confused look and a bunch of question marks above my head)
Lol. Sorry but I believe the last time I saw you was with that one called Apache1 ,who seemed full of hatred for God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister , did you know that is one of the ways they used to spell blessed . yep . blest .
Let the LORD be praised . I enjoy reading the older english scriptures too . LAMBS have been in all generations .
LAMBS loveth THE LORD JESUS , HIS TRUTH , ER WORD OF THE KING . many have come before us
and now we enter into the final hour . One day every single lamb from all ages will ALL be gathered as one
BEFORE HE who saved us . What a paradise awaits the lambs .
I love the KJ for it's old proper sounds and spelling. Regardless of whom speaks against it.

• Love

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even when I log out of here and all the forums I'm a member of, I still read them to see how all are holding on and up in the faith.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the KJ for it's old proper sounds and spelling. Regardless of whom speaks against it.
YEs indeed my dear sister . to me there is no bible like it . The beauty .
Also its stays so true to the actual intepretation .
And it makes it so easy to teach from it .
An example . It uses the same words with same meanings .
An example of that is unnatural affection , unseemingly etc .
I can then go and show folks examples .
Like charity . It teaches IT DOES NOT behave itself unseemingly .
THEN i can go and show folks where same sex lust , men with men or women with women
working that which is UNSEEMINGLY . i can show them how that is not charity .
I can do this within the new testament itself .
The KJV stayed true to intepreation . whereas some newer versions put words in
that try and make it make more sense to what THEY think it should say or mean .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. Sorry but I believe the last time I saw you was with that one called Apache1 ,who seemed full of hatred for God.
You're probably right. And I battled with Apache1, because he seemed to have this hatred for God. Heck, I can 'hate' God for me being poor...and going through what I went through myself...all the jerk boyfriends...abusive husbands...friends who turned out to be not so much friends...abusive family...

Heck, when I was at my LOWEST in my life (homeless), I didn't turn AWAY from God. If anything, it brought me CLOSER to Him.

Funny how when I actually HUMBLED myself before God...and stopped thinking that I "deserve" some kind of 'happiness', did God HELP me.

Almost everyone has gone through their own share of disappointments in life. But to think/believe that we ALL "deserve" some kind of happiness, HERE and NOW, sort of baffles me.

I dunno. I sort of look at the OP and think, "Does God REALLY 'owe' us anything?"

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're probably right. And I battled with Apache1, because he seemed to have this hatred for God. Heck, I can 'hate' God for me being poor...and going through what I went through myself...all the jerk boyfriends...abusive husbands...friends who turned out to be not so much friends...abusive family...

Heck, when I was at my LOWEST in my life (homeless), I didn't turn AWAY from God. If anything, it brought me CLOSER to Him.

Funny how when I actually HUMBLED myself before God...and stopped thinking that I "deserve" some kind of 'happiness', did God HELP me.

Almost everyone has gone through their own share of disappointments in life. But to think/believe that we ALL "deserve" some kind of happiness, HERE and NOW, sort of baffles me.

I dunno. I sort of look at the OP and think, "Does God REALLY 'owe' us anything?"
The only thing i was owed was the lake of fire i had earned . Rather let us praise and thank GOD for the mercy of HIS
grace given us in CHRIST JESUS . In this world ye shall have tribulations . But let us be of GOOD cheer
FOR JESUS has overcome the world . A paradise awaits the lambs at the end of our faith .
We should simply be THANKING GOD always for giving us such great mercy IN JESUS CHRIST .

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing i was owed was the lake of fire i had earned .
I feel the same way. After all, aren't we ALL just "filthy rags"?
Rather let us praise and thank GOD for the mercy of HIS
grace given us in CHRIST JESUS . In this world ye shall have tribulations . But let us be of GOOD cheer
FOR JESUS has overcome the world . A paradise awaits the lambs at the end of our faith .
We should simply be THANKING GOD always for giving us such great mercy IN JESUS CHRIST .
I think this is so important.

I hear so many people these days talk about...er, I mean complain about not having what they THINK they "deserve." They "deserve" love...they "deserve" money...they "deserve" respect...they "deserve" this and that. They focus so much on what they don't have, and have no gratitude for what they do have.

If I do happen to make it into Heaven, I would weep for JOY that God forgave me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t understand the question.

God is God and he created humankind all people are creation of God you have a free will choice day to serve him or reject him. If a person to decides to reject him, he will allow them to go about their own way. I don’t understand how to forgive God? He gives life to all my family members every day that are still here on earth, regardless, if they believe or not. Those who willingly decide to believe on him, and his son become adopted becoming children of God, who they have a father now to call out to.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A while ago I wrote a post asking if my faith could be saved. To summarise it: I used to be very close to God but horrible things that have happened throughout my life got in the way of it. I had a horrible life, I am stuck with a sometimes abusive father, people walk all over me, I have self esteem issues because of the bad hand I was dealt at life, I wonder why God didn't give me a better life or make me special in any way, my enemies always become successful both in anything they do against me and in their personal lives, and my faith in God is only hanging on by a thread.

This something I didn't add to the original post because it was already long enough: pretty much the only things holding me to Christianity is that I believe what the Bible says is true, I find it commendable that God will restore everything, and I can't risk not going to heaven because I want to meet the children my ex-girlfriend miscarried (I know, that sounds like not a big deal, but it was a tragedy to us).

I know the Bible says to forgive our enemies, but that is something that I simply cannot do. I have been wronged by several people who not only get away with what they have done but also continue to lead happy lives. I know what I am about to say might sound horrible, but I kind of feel like Jesus wasn't being fair by telling us to forgive our enemies.

So that brings me to the title question on how to forgive God. I refuse to forgive the people who have hurt me and continue to hurt me. Not only am I angry at them, but I am angry at God for letting them hurt me and not punishing them (and from my warped perspective, blessing them). I am also angry about, as I said before, the horrible life God forced on me. Even though I will not forgive them, I feel like the only way to go back to the way things were is by forgiving God.
Reading this shows me you are yet to widen your gaze to precisely Who God is, and how He disciplines and develops His children. There is no room to blame God, though He doesn't mind if we do, as He is willing to reveal ignorance at ever opportunity. Job comes to mind, and many others. If it pleased God to bruise His Son and put him to death, how does your understanding of God fit this truth? You either reject it, or you go in search of a Bigger God.
F2F

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading this shows me you are yet to widen your gaze to precisely Who God is, and how He disciplines and develops His children. There is no room to blame God, though He doesn't mind if we do, as He is willing to reveal ignorance at ever opportunity. Job comes to mind, and many others. If it pleased God to bruise His Son and put him to death, how does your understanding of God fit this truth? You either reject it, or you go in search of a Bigger God.
F2F
I dunno, face2face. I think that blaming God is very common in Christianity. It doesn't necessarily mean that we lose/have lost our faith. It may be that at the moment, our faith is a bit...shaken.

I've done it. Walked out the house believing...something 'bad' happens...walked back in the house P*issed off...at GOD. Oh, I can tell you, that even though I'm Christian, I have wanted to THROW my Bible across the room in anger MORE than once...

And after a few minutes (literrally) of having my "Christian tantrum", I stop and think, "Yeah. It was my own doing. Not God's." (hangs head in humility)

But some Christians don't get to the point, at least not as quickly. I don't think that blaiming GOd is necessarily a bad thing...as long as we come out to the other side, and STOP blaming Him...

...and START taking responsibility for the Free Will He gave us.

Reactions: Lambano

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I dunno, face2face. I think that blaming God is very common in Christianity. It doesn't necessarily mean that we lose/have lost our faith. It may be that at the moment, our faith is a bit...shaken.
If you read my post you will see I wasn't opposed to blaming God, it was the idea a person thinks they need to forgive God that has no basis in the Scripture.
I've done it. Walked out the house believing...something 'bad' happens...walked back in the house P*issed off...at GOD. Oh, I can tell you, that even though I'm Christian, I have wanted to THROW my Bible across the room in anger MORE than once...
Again, this has nothing to do with "forgiving God" but rather seeking forgiveness from Him for bad behavior.
And after a few minutes (literrally) of having my "Christian tantrum", I stop and think, "Yeah. It was my own doing. Not God's." (hangs head in humility)
Correct.
But some Christians don't get to the point, at least not as quickly. I don't think that blaiming GOd is necessarily a bad thing...as long as we come out to the other side, and STOP blaming Him...

...and START taking responsibility for the Free Will He gave us.
Most Christians don't know Who God is or How He works with His children. This age is so mixed up and confused very few can look through the fog to see God's true character. In fact, I believe in many cases most would argue with Him trying to defend their rights or entitled sense of self importance.

When Christ flexes the rod of correction and the sword of his mouth - every Christian on this planet will be shaken.

F2F

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I'm in the same boat. But I love God. So what is the difference between you and me? Maybe it's attitude.

Two things:

1. After having a terrible life do we really want to risk judgment and make it worse? I desire to live with God in his happy family of love and peace rather than hate God and risk going to the hell that could await.

2. God didn't do these things to me, Satan did. So I quit blaming God for what Satan does.
WRONG! People blame Satan for everything mankind had done wrong! It was Adam and Eve, as progenitors of mankind who disobeyed God, hence "as in Adam all die."

Reminds me of the old T.V. show, The Devil made me do it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG! People blame Satan for everything mankind had done wrong! It was Adam and Eve, as progenitors of mankind who disobeyed God, hence "as in Adam all die."

Reminds me of the old T.V. show, The Devil made me do it.
Satan is real and he aflicts people Jun. Don't doubt that. The bible makes that fact clear.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is real and he aflicts people Jun. Don't doubt that. The bible makes that fact clear.
Yes the devil is real and yes he does afflict .
But as you well know if any man , woman or child sins they cannot sit back and just blame the devil .
Sure he tempted just as he did eve .
And he got cursed too .
But notice , when eve tried to lay the blame on him and adam the blame on his wife , IT DIDNT WORK .
They too were punished . in the end the blame of perdition will be on the one who refused JESUS CHRIST .
The one who loved a lie , the one who worked abominations and did not follow Christ .
The ones who trod CHRIST under foot by also saying , ALL other religoins are fine as is as long as they have love .
THOSE TOO are gonna be Lake of fire members . EITHER we point to BELIEVE YE IN JESUSCHRIST
and make sure its The JESUS of said bible , or we pump out nothing but lies and false hopes and a false love unto the world .
And believe me , no matter how much one loved the lie , it cannot save them devin . Those who love and make a lie
Will suffer the fate of the hot lake . SO i suggest its high time any and all who follow
this other broad broad love path , GET OFF IT and no longer support it . TIME to preach BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS
be ye hearers and doers .

Reactions: Marvelloustime