How do you forgive someone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charleychacko

Jul 27, 2006
How do you forgive someone who was very cruel to you? I have prayed, I have acted my way through it, but this person still brings back feelings of grief and betrayal, no matter what. I know it is necessary (in many ways) to forgive them but I just don't know how to get over the way this person hurt me.

Love123

Jul 7, 2006
Time...... LOOK AT HURT AS A PHYSICAL WOUND YOU CAN SEE ON YOUR FLESH.A PAPER CUT......MAY STING...... BUT ITS FORGOTTEN IN QUICK TIME.A SLICE IN A FINGER TO THE BONE IS GREATER AND REQUIRES MORE ATTENTION.HAVING YOUR INTESTINES STRUNG DOWN THE HIGHWAY IS VERY TRAUMATIC. IT COULD TAKE A LONG TIME TO HEAL FROM THAT.The deeper the wound the longer it takes to heal.................you can take the time you need in your personal healing process to grieve.........and be angry...............to cry..........When you have no more tears or anger.............you can do it............That’s when you can take the baggage to the cross............and leave it with Jesus.You are free from................you sleep at night like a baby.When you see that person...............the feelings of what they did may come rushing back........That’s because its not an old enough experience for you................time and age.........make those feelings diminish also............ In short..............forgive the one that wounded you........only you know how deep it went.Only you know when enough is enough.................and when its time..........to give it to God and.......... thats when you are sincere.....about letting go of.TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS.GOD BLESSLOVE123

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
It is hard but forgiving is said to do more for you than the other person. People do cruel things and it is hard, the pastor i listen to explained how to forgive and i think it works but i thin it better you listen to him explain as i do not want to put it across wrong. http://interactive.creflodollarministries...._t.asp?site=CDM the link once you click it will give you a page of preachings, the best one in facing your situation is how to get free from hurt, the preaching is about 25 minutes long with advtisements for five minutes at the end however the introduction is brilliant itself and if you do nt feel happpy watching the full time it will give you another approach when facing your problem. Sarah

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
How do you forgive someone who was very cruel to you? I have prayed, I have acted my way through it, but this person still brings back feelings of grief and betrayal, no matter what. I know it is necessary (in many ways) to forgive them but I just don't know how to get over the way this person hurt me.
By the very nature of your question it is certain you are picking up and well on your way to bearing your own cross and witnessing of the testimony of Jesus the Christ by sharing in His suffering. As one matures in Christ one realizes just what Jesus did when He entreated of His Father- who was watching- forgiveness for those who had just hammered nails into His hands and feet and stuck a spear into His side.As we get closer to the Father we become more aware of our own sin and nature that distorts our desire to be obedient. We must remember how the Apostle Paul, after many revelations, ministries and even witnessing the glory of God in the third heaven struggled with his flesh.This is where grace kicks in as it brings us to the realization that God loves after the many, many times we sin and are disobedient. As we realize just how gracious and merciful God is towards us it makes it easier to forgive others due to the very nature of coming to the throne and asking again for the covering the blood of Jesus gives us. It is His blood that cleanses and we must never forget the suffering He endured to offer that forgiveness. The more we realize this the easier it becomes to forgive others and it just takes time as we grow in the grace and mercy that follows as we walk with and towards God the Father.

LittleSister

Aug 22, 2006
(charleychacko;1845)
Forgiveness is a choice.II Corinthians 10:5 "We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." The devil will try to bring back all those hurt feelings, which in turn brings back bad memories. We must try not to focus on those thoughts and remember Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute,if there is any excellence and if anything worth of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."When you find yourself thinking unpleasant thoughts, quote scriptures. Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer." [/SIZE]ls