How Do You Know If You Are Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
The reason why the believers who repented and believed in Jesus were not yet baptized with the holy spirit was because Jesus was still on Earth.
Not in the post-pentecost examples I gave from scripture.

Jesus also taught that the gifts that were used in the early churches would cease during the last generation which we are currently in.
Can you please give reference(s) for this assertion?

My Jesus is a priest of the order of Melchizadek, if the ministry changes there must be a new priesthood.
But that won't happen, he will soon return for those who have been faithful to what he set up.

Rev. 2:26: And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works (the miracles) unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

No signs will be given for this generation
Jesus hasn't changed, his specified signs still follow believers in Him.

The bible does warn:

"in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be . . .Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." ( 2 Tim. 3:1, 5)

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
How do I know? Because God said, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." I called and he saved me on May 18, 1963 at 12:28 on a Saturday morning!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
How do I know? Because God said, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." I called and he saved me on May 18, 1963 at 12:28 on a Saturday morning!
People have their own private opinions about what it means to "call on the name of The Lord" but the bible defines it as praying to receive His Spirit (by which Jesus saves - Titus 3:5-6):

Ac:22:16: And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

("ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God" 1 Cor. 6:11)

This is further defined for us in Acts 2:4, 33, 39; 10:44-48.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
While I could be wrong as "more knowledgeable" people often tell me, I believe that to "call upon the name of the Lord" means to do it with the atttitude of repenting of all sin, admitting to Him that I am a sinner, cannot save myself, and in need of a Saviour--which is Christ the Lord.

rob

Sep 2, 2009

Praise the Lord for this wonderful truth: "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." How wonderful, how simple just to call-l-l on the Name of the Lord, the Name of Jesus. "Lord Jesus I love You!'
Enosh, back in the book of Genesis was the first believer to call on the name of the Lord, and many others recorded in the Bible have done the same.
Actually, I wonder if the unbeliever is capable of Calling on the Lord? I don't believe so?