How does Christianity Board handle personal attacks?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess, mainly, we just have to grow up and handle it...…. It would be nice to have the whole world just the way we happen to personally want it. But we have to take this world the way it is. Why? Because it is the only world we have.
Indeed, if it was already clear in all directions, Jesus would not have been needed at all! But He was needed and He was sent!
Thank you dear Lord!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Helen ...that's good to know about the mods! It's so bizarre that I just don't see them! Maybe I never go on the threads they go on. Or, maybe they're all in US and sleep when I'm on! Still, it's nice to know they are keeping an eye on things. There are times I wish they'd pop their mod hats on a little more, but you know...on reflection...that can't be an easy thing to do. Sort of like playing wack a mole. I suppose, as you say, we can take care of ourselves to a large extent...and it might be better leaving it like that!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Helen ...that's good to know about the mods! It's so bizarre that I just don't see them! Maybe I never go on the threads they go on. Or, maybe they're all in US and sleep when I'm on! Still, it's nice to know they are keeping an eye on things. There are times I wish they'd pop their mod hats on a little more, but you know...on reflection...that can't be an easy thing to do. Sort of like playing wack a mole. I suppose, as you say, we can take care of ourselves to a large extent...and it might be better leaving it like that!
One of the Mods (I won't mention her/his name) actually has spent time conversing back and forth with me about different situations I have gotten myself into. They are not the usual bunch of mindless "button-pushing, ban-on-demand" Mods you find on most other forums.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's so bizarre that I just don't see them! Maybe I never go on the threads they go on.
The mods keep out the fray over here. And that is just as well. However, they deal with the trolls as and when needed. There are other Christians forums where they act as *though police* and even shut down the truth.

Reactions: Naomi25

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One of the Mods (I won't mention her/his name) actually has spent time conversing back and forth with me about different situations I have gotten myself into. They are not the usual bunch of mindless "button-pushing, ban-on-demand" Mods you find on most other forums.
I can't say that I've been on other forums to have anything to judge it by. Perhaps that makes me odd, but there you go! I suppose it must be tough...where do you draw the line over some things? Where do you show grace? It's probably best that they do their 'mod-ing' behind closed doors as well, rather than make it a circus for all to enjoy...as humans tend to do. I suppose I hadn't given it much thought beyond that I hadn't seen them around really...I like that I've been forced to give it some more thought!

The mods keep out the fray over here. And that is just as well. However, they deal with the trolls as and when needed. There are other Christians forums where they act as *though police* and even shut down the truth.
Well...keeping out of the fray is good...and allowing free thought is certainly good! And, while I can appreciate them 'dealing with the trolls when needed', I can't help but read threads at time and just feel a little weary at how people address one another. You and I don't have (in their eyes) the moral authority to call them on such rudeness, since often such behavior stems from their beliefs that they have superior understanding. But a mod enforcing rules would have the authority. So, yeah, while I can appreciate all that, sometimes I do wish...it's just sad, I think. Differences are inevitable, people calling out people, questioning their interpretation. Sarcasm is often seen and allowed in the rules, but it can go beyond that, and it just shouldn't, for the people of God, don't you think?