How does God Create Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God is the only source for all that exists, can anything in existence be from or of something other than God?

God is the darkness and the light. God creates good and evil.

Job was tested regarding his commitment to faith in God by Satan. Satan tested Job with God's permission.

Hold on sister, you're talking yourself into Persian duality of God's nature and the Roman god Janus.

You quoted Scripture about God creates evil, but your going to have to show Scripture where God is darkness.

Because God is light, not darkness:

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Job was tested regarding his commitment to faith in God by Satan. Satan tested Job with God's permission.

Job was tested by God, even as was Abraham. Satan does not test any soul, Satan only tempts to fail the test of God.

And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

God creates the possibility of evil by creating His creatures with free will to choose one or the other, whether to be the children of the Light, or the children of darkness:

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the surface, it's always a mystery why people like you and QT even spend time in a Christian Chat Forum.

Your posts exhibit strong lack of faith.

By your perspective, men sat around camp fires telling stories, just after crawling out of the caves, and climbing down from the trees, that became labeled 'bible' at a much later date, right?

Certainly you believe man is an accident that was spawned from pond scum MILLIONS of years ago and just so happened to become what we are today. Am I right?

We're still evolving and our next big change is the marriage of man with technology, right?

Beautiful.
That's some imagination you have there. And it's all you.

It doesn't surprise me when someone such as yourself hold to faith and decry education. Champion ignorance and condemn knowledge.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has His Scripture written in such a way, so as to root out the gainsayers and unbelievers: just like letting evil people have their evil, He gives unbelieving readers just enough rope to hang themselves with:
Couldn't agree more.

Revelation 22:11

And He blinds the eyes of the unbelieving. So if somebody is prideful in their stubborn unbelief, He will cause them to be even more incapable of seeing the breathtaking beauty of His truths in the world. It's a gift, and a privelege, to see the Truth.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hold on sister, you're talking yourself into Persian duality of God's nature and the Roman god Janus.

You quoted Scripture about God creates evil, but your going to have to show Scripture where God is darkness.

Because God is light, not darkness:

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Job was tested by God, even as was Abraham. Satan does not test any soul, Satan only tempts to fail the test of God.

And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

God creates the possibility of evil by creating His creatures with free will to choose one or the other, whether to be the children of the Light, or the children of darkness:

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
No, I'm not talking about anything other than God.

Genesis chapters 1 & 2: Day 1 - God created light and separated the light from the darkness, calling light "day" and darkness "night."

You can't believe all that exists is both of and from God, if you accept Isaiah 45 and Colossians 1, and argue there is something that is not of nor from God.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's some imagination you have there. And its all you.

It doesn't surprise me when someone such as yourself hold to faith and decry education. Champion ignorance and condemn knowledge.
If you're calling evolution and the big bang 'education', you've been made a fool. The Bible isn't more than a novel to you.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the surface, it's always a mystery why people like you and QT even spend time in a Christian Chat Forum.

Your posts exhibit strong lack of faith.

By your perspective, men sat around camp fires telling stories, just after crawling out of the caves, and climbing down from the trees, that became labeled 'bible' at a much later date, right?

Certainly you believe man is an accident that was spawned from pond scum MILLIONS of years ago and just so happened to become what we are today. Am I right?

We're still evolving and our next big change is the marriage of man with technology, right?

Beautiful.
Certainly you believe man is an accident that was spawned from pond scum MILLIONS of years ago and just so happened to become what we are today. Am I right? We're still evolving and our next big change is the marriage of man with technology, right?

Beautiful.

You obviously seem to have dealt with this evil stuff before! :D

Actually we have stumbled across two perfect samples to answer How God Creates Evil.

He creates souls with the complete free will to choose to believe and obey Him or not, and then He has His Word written into the world to try them to see what stuff they are of, and we find such evil thinking as this stuff.

One has the Bible contradicting itself, and so the 'prophets and apostles', as you say, were just a bunch of neanderthal types trying to pull a fast one on humanity.

And the other is a New Age spiritualist connected to the 'God that is all and all is God'. Including the trees and the birds and the bees.

In both cases, they only read the Bible for their own peculiar intellectual pleasure and enjoyment of thinking better than the prophets and apostles 'thought it'.

In the end, it's the same as those who say they cannot believe the Bible, because of all those miracles, and it's really all about choosing to be obedient or disobedient to the law of word of God: the contradiction, spirituality arguments are just sideshows.

One wants to think there is contradiction in Scripture, and so the law of Christ as written in Scripture, is really not the law of God.

The other wants to think there is edited error in Scripture, and so the law is nothing, but being all with God as all is God is all that matters: New Age spiritualism.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll stick with Gods doctrine! “God created evil”.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

How does God create evil? Did He create the devil evil? Does He create evil people?

How does He create darkness? Does He create the children of darkness?

The New Testament was penned in a foreign language called koine Greek - before anyone makes a doctrine out of one scripture, they should do some study first.

God doesn’t create malevolent evil - he does send affliction, disaster, and calamity against His enemies, which is the better rendering of the Greek word translated as ‘evil’ in the KJV, as other translations illustrate:

(ESV) I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

(ISV) "I form light and create darkness, I make goodness and create disaster. I am the LORD, who does all these things.

(GNB) I create both light and darkness; I bring both blessing and disaster. I, the LORD, do all these things.

(NET) I am the one who forms light and creates darkness; the one who brings about peace and creates calamity. I am the LORD, who accomplishes all these things.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you're calling evolution and the big bang 'education', you've been made a fool. The Bible isn't more than a novel to you.
Lord.
Please do not continue to chastise me using the conjuring from your dark imaginination.
You are talking of and to yourself.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm not talking about anything other than God.

Genesis chapters 1 & 2: Day 1 - God created light and separated the light from the darkness, calling light "day" and darkness "night."

You can't believe all that exists is both of and from God, if you accept Isaiah 45 and Colossians 1, and argue there is something that is not of nor from God.
As I said. Show where Scripture says God is darkness and light.

God is not double minded. He is light only. You may like living as a child of darkness and a child of light, but God is not the Author of such confusion.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament was penned in a foreign language called koine Greek - before anyone makes a doctrine out of one scripture, they should do some study first.

God doesn’t create malevolent evil - he does send affliction, disaster, and calamity against His enemies, which is the better rendering of the Greek word translated as ‘evil’ in the KJV, as other translations illustrates:

(ESV) I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

(ISV) "I form light and create darkness, I make goodness and create disaster. I am the LORD, who does all these things.

(GNB) I create both light and darkness; I bring both blessing and disaster. I, the LORD, do all these things.

(NET) I am the one who forms light and creates darkness; the one who brings about peace and creates calamity. I am the LORD, who accomplishes all these things.
No one is making any doctrine out of one Scripture, but are trying to show this one Scripture does not mean that God purposely creates eveil beings, and so is the Author and Creator of all things evil.

Malevolent evil is a good insert, making the difference between something that is evil, as in not a good thing vs something that is evil-doing.

The death penalty of God is not a good thing, and God takes no pleasure in it, and yet by creating souls with free will, evil things can come to pass: both evil doers not choosing to serve God, and God destroying them both body and soul in hell.

Creating hell is an evil necessity of creating by love all souls equally and with free will to choose Him freely from the heart, and not by might nor by power, but by His Spirit, saith the Lord.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I said. Show where Scripture says God is darkness and light.

God is not double minded. He is light only. You may like living as a child of darkness and a child of light, but God is not the Author of such confusion.
Of course God isn't the author of confusion.
People who refuse to see God as what he tells you of himself in the bible you believe contain his words, are.

Ignore Isaiah and Colossians. Believe there is something that exists that is not of and from God. I'll not try to open your eyes when you insist there is something not of God.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually we have stumbled across two perfect samples to answer How God Creates Evil.
It's probably one sample with two screen names.

The reality is this: there are not that many unbelieving Christians who hang out in Christian chat forums trying to convince all the passionate Christians that they're mistaken. There are about a handful, maybe, of individuals sitting at a computer with multiple screen names. They are working toward a concerted agenda and are here 24/7 under one screen name or another. Simple as that. They use alt screen names to support/like their own posts and give the impression of ganging up on the members that are the most passionate about getting the Truth out there.

That's the game. That's how it works.

Most the people you argue with on Christian Forums aren't Christians in the least.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

I believe this is a Scripture that directly speaks against Calvin's predeterminism of souls, and declares the truth that God's determinism of the will of man is free will, so that man only comes to Him by free will, being drawn of His Spirit to love Him with a whole heart freely, and not being forced into His service by His might not by His power.

Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, I draw all men unto me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Not by forceful predetermination, but by love from the cross:

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

This he said, signifying what death he should die.

The necessary risk of this is the necessary evil of punishing them that freely choose to do evil:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

He makes peace by the cross, and creates evil punishment upon the, that reject Him.

The true Light comes into the world and exposes the darkness that comes not unto Him:

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Condemnation is not good, but is necessary evil, when all that is done to make good, still results in some refusing to do good but only evil.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How does God create evil?

Its an interesting mind...isn't it??? . that feels a compulsion/obsession to publicly accuse God of creating evil, on a Christian Forum.
I would think that the Devil is well pleased by this behavior.
How could he not be ? ?
What do you think ?

Listen, God does not and did not create "evil".
Evil exists, because Adam fell, and his dominion became the devil's ownership.
When Adam obeyed the temptation to sin, ... he was giving the devil worship, as to sin, is to give the devil his due.
The nature of sin, is the Devil's nature.
See, Just as God is Good, the Devil is evil.
Just as God is Holy, the Devil is unholy.

Reader... DEATH is the opposite of LIFE.

Evil is the opposite of Good., just as spiritual Darkness is the absence of THE Light of Life.
Evil is the end result of original sin, and the Devil was a sinner from the beginning, as he was a murderer and a liar in his heart.
When you sin.......this is the nature of the Devil, enacted.

So, when God created this world, John 1:10. there was no sin in it yet, there was just a Devil who was evil who was cast out of heaven, and was down here waiting for his chance, to rule something.
When Adam gave the Devil, Satan.......his Authority, the devil became the "god of this world".
This is Adam's Authority, and The devil confiscated it, because Adam gave the devil the chance when Adam sinned.
Adam's sin, released to the devil, dominion and authority, on this earth, and so the Devil created mankind's nature, as His own.
This is the Adamic Nature. Its literally the nature of the DEVIL.
Reader......the "fallen nature", is the nature of the one who "fell from Heaven".
See it?
Jesus said..>"i beheld Lucifer/Satan FALL as lightning, from Heaven"""

That "fall" is a representation of falling as the unholy.
And the sin nature is the EVIL, that came from the devil.
Jesus said..>"you are of YOUR FATHER, the DEVIL, and the lusts of your father, you shall DO".
See that? that is the sin nature.....the adamic nature, the fallen nature, in everyone.
And the only way to escape it, is to get a new Father.
= Born again, by God, so that He becomes your "ABBA".."Father"

When you are born again, you receive the Nature of God. You get a new nature, the born again SPIRIT..... as you have become a NEW Creation. "in Christ".

So, its the Devil who is evil and has created the evil.
Evil is simply behavior that is unholy, unrighteous, sinful.

God didn't create any of that... He only created creation, with Adam having dominion, and when Adam sinned, then this dominion was transferred to the EVIL ONE who has done to the human race, very great evil....and they perpetuate it.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nah, it just all depends on what one is looking for.

If you're looking for contradictions within the Bible, you'll find lotsa reasons to believe it's errant.

If you're looking for reasons to believe it's the inspired Word of God, you'll find plenty of those, too.

All a question of faith, really.

The variances in the Gospel accounts don't sway my faith in the least. There's legitimate reasons for everything. If some minor details have changed over the centuries, so be it. Doesn't change the foundational truths or discount that the original writings were accurate.

KJV is very different from NIV, but that doesn't mean the Truth isn't there in the scriptures. Seek the Truth and you'll find it.
Isaiah 45:7 'I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.'
1 John 1:5 'This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.'
have fun!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is evil in this context? It cannot be against God's will if God creates it.

It seems to me that evil in this context is another way to identify the horrible and inescapable Wrath of God. When almighty God, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, has committed his infinite power to your destruction, all manner of evil may befall upon you - up to and including total annihilation in the Lake of Fire.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's probably one sample with two screen names.

The reality is this: there are not that many unbelieving Christians who hang out in Christian chat forums trying to convince all the passionate Christians that they're mistaken. There are about a handful, maybe, of individuals sitting at a computer with multiple screen names. They are working toward a concerted agenda and are here 24/7 under one screen name or another. Simple as that. They use alt screen names to support/like their own posts and give the impression of ganging up on the members that are the most passionate about getting the Truth out there.

That's the game. That's how it works.

Most the people you argue with on Christian Forums aren't Christians in the least.
Conspiracy theory!!!

I love you man, really.

I am really slow about such things. I take people as they are. But, hey, I also like the good fight, because it is a fact for me at least, that some of the best learning I have in the truth of Scripture, comes from refuting the lies about it.

So, if they are severals names from the same one, then I like their versatility.

However, in this case, looking at their photos, you really think quiet thinker and ocean prayers are the same person??

Although, it would be a good cover, since some of the best quiet thinking is done with ocean prayers.

I used to listen to a lot of New Age music.

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its an interesting mind...isn't it??? . that feels a compulsion/obsession to publicly accuse God of creating evil, on a Christian Forum.
I would think that the Devil is well pleased by this behavior.
How could he not be? ?

Listen, God does not and did not create "evil".
Evil exists, because Adam fell, and his dominion became the devil's ownership.
When Adam obeyed the temptation to sin, ... he was giving the devil worship, as to sin, is to give the devil his due.
The nature of sin, is the Devil's nature.
See, Just as God is Good, the Devil is evil.
Just as God is Holy, the Devil is unholy.

Reader... DEATH is the opposite of LIFE.

Evil is the opposite of Good., just as spiritual Darkness is the absence of THE Light of Light.
Evil is the result of original sin, and the Devil was a sinner from the beginning, as he was a murderer and a liar in his heart.
When you sin.......this is the nature of the Devil, enacted.

So, when God created this word, there was no sin in it yet, there was just a Devil who was evil.
When Adam gave the Devil, Satan.......his Authority, the devil became the "god of this world".
This is Adam's Authority, and The devil confiscated it, because Adam gave the devil the chance when Adam sinned.
Adam's sin, released to the devil, dominion and authority, on this earth, and so the Devil created mankind's nature, as His own.
This is the Adamic Nature. Its literally the nature of the DEVIL.

When you are born again, you receive the Nature of God. You get a new nature, as you have become a NEW Creation.

So, its the Devil who is evil and has created the evil.
Evil is simply behavior that is unholy, unrighteous, sinful.

God didn't any of that..... He only created creation, with Adam having dominion, and when Adam sinned, then this dominion was transferred to the EVIL ONE who has done to the human race, very great evil.
I go by God's Word, not man's.

"... . I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil
[ra'
Original Word: רַע
Part of Speech: Adjective; noun masculine; noun feminine
Transliteration: ra'
Phonetic Spelling: (rah)
Definition: bad, evil]
: I the Lord do all these things."
Isaiah 45:7 KJV

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is evil in this context? It cannot be against God's will if God creates it.

It seems to me that evil in this context is another way to identify the horrible and inescapable Wrath of God. When almighty God, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, has committed his infinite power to your destruction, all manner of evil may befall upon you - up to and including total annihilation in the Lake of Fire.
That is the necessary evil of the death penalty for sin, that comes from creation by free will, which has resulted in much evil in heaven and earth.

But how about creating an evil spirit for Saul, and a lying spirit for the king to be decieved by?

Not to mention sending strong delusion to them that love not the truth.

God creates evil to give it to them that choose it?