How does God Create Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where there is no law there is no transgression of the law,sin.
God created that rule.
Without one we would not know other.
Light,darkness,good,evil,etc ..
Without Light, how would darkness be seen for what it is?

And so the Light creates darkness by shining. Even as transgression is created by the law.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Without Light, how would darkness be seen for what it is?

And so the Light creates darkness by shining. Even as transgression is created by the law.
You're subjectifying, personalizing darkness as if it by nature is evil?

God is the source, creator of all. And all is according to God's will .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’ll stick with Gods doctrine! “God created evil”.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

How does God create evil? Did He create the devil evil? Does He create evil people?

How does He create darkness? Does He create the children of darkness?
God doesn't create evil......so why is it written that he does?
The Hebrew writers believed in one God; a power that was responsible for everything that exists and they wrote from that perspective.
They were mistaken in this just as Job and his friends were mistaken in their belief that God was giving Job a hard time.

Jesus made it abundantly clear that a power exists other than God.....an evil power and that he is responsible for evil.

1 John tells us that God is light and in him is no darkness at all.......so we need to decide between the writers whose view was in error and whose was not.......because both ways don't work.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrew writers believed in one God; a power that was responsible for everything that exists and they wrote from that perspective.
They were mistaken in this just as Job and his friends were mistaken in their belief that God was giving Job a hard time.

Jesus made it abundantly clear that a power exists other than God.....an evil power and that he is responsible for evil.

1 John tells us that God is light and in him is no darkness at all.......so we need to decide between the writers whose view was in error and whose was not.......because both ways don't work.

You need to rethink accusing Scripture of being false, which is the case when you accuse the prophets of writing Scripture in error: in such a case, man would only be writing their opinion, not Scripture of God, which is what you are doing.

No opinion of man is true, if it requires Scripture to be falsely written by of God prophet or apostle of Christ.

You are failing to believe one main thing: All Scripture is true inspiration of God, and God cannot lie.

Scripture does two things: truly records what happens, and truly speaks of God.

In Isaiah, Scripture is God perfectly speaking of Himself: His eternal Word and Spirit inspiring the prophet with the truth of God, which is God makes peace and creates evil as written.

In Job, Scripture is a perfect recording of what Job and their friends said, not God agreeing with them. Only at Job 38 is God speaking Himself, as in Isaiah 45.

Scripture accurately records many things the friends of Job said in error, and the Lord reproves them for it in the end.

The faith of Jesus commands faith in His Scriptures, all of which He has given to mankind to know Himself in truth and in Spirit, so that we may worship Him so.

God creates evil by choosing not to create souls according to a predetermined judgment to save or not: He makes all souls exactly the same in the lower part of the earth at conception, with free will to choose the good or the evil.

Since many have chosen the evil since Lucifer and Adam, then God created evil by creating life with free will to do so.

God that is love commands love from the all the heart, which requires free will to do so:

And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

God bore no ear through to serve Himself forever, before ever making the soul, but only after by free choice of the any soul: it's a whosever gospel of free will, not a whosever is predetermined by God gospel only for them predetermined and bored through by God.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, then, evil is not always synonymous with wrongdoing.

Amen brother! Excellent answer. God hates all evil, yet God does evil things. Why? For the good.

God condemns all killing as evil, yet God have been the greatest killer of men ever, for the good.

As you said with the flood, we see why God did so much evil: to save Noah, who found grace with God. Noah was not saved from the flood by the ark, but was saved from the rest of evil humanity by the flood:

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

And so, doing an evil thing is not doing evil.

And God must judge righteous judgment upon them that do evil and do not repent, and yet He takes no pleasure in it:

For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

And so God must do an evil thing, but not for His own pleasure, but evil people choose to do evil for their own benefit.

Also, He created evil, in that He created beings with free will to choose to do evil, rather than the good.

If God had ever predetermined a soul to do evil or good, then God that is love would have predetermined all to do good: All little Christs from the beginning.

Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

God's love demands free will choice to serve Him or not from the heart.

With evil things God cannot be tried sir. I do not believe God does evil things James 1:13 Must have someone else in mind Rob.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is the source, creator of all. And all is according to God's will .

Not necessarily, but only that when light shines, darkness is that which is not shined upon, such as above a table, if the candle is put beneath it.

However Scripture does speak of darkness with personality of it's own, even as The Light is the man Christ Jesus:

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not: perceived it not.

When the Light shines unto any, the darkness is anyone not coming to Him, and so are known as the children of the darkness:

God creates darkness by shining His Light, and the darkness refuses to see Him as He is:

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

There was no darkness from everlasting with God who is Light. Only when He created the heaven and the earth was there any darkness at all.

God said let there be light, and then divided it from the darkness created by the light shining.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With evil things God cannot be tried sir. I do not believe God does evil things James 1:13 Must have someone else in mind Rob.
The argument is not about who tempts to do evil, which is not God, but about who creates evil, which is God. And so, the question is how does God create evil, not if He does, because Scripture plainly says He does.

The believer's challenge is not to challenge what is written, but to rightly divide Scripture to truly understand what is written by God about Himself in Scripture.

The fact of Scripture is that no darkness nor evil ever existed, until God created the heaven and the earth and commanded the light to shine.

And so, God created darkness and evil. God created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not the devil, and God used it to test the heart of man, while the devil used it to tempt man to choose the evil.

All killing is evil to God, and so commands not to kill, and yet God commanded to kill and avenge the blood kin, as well as rebuked the king for not killing all the Amalekites, which Samuel proceeded to do by the will of God.

God takes no pleasure in the necessary evil of destroying both body and soul in hell.

And yet: And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

But Paul is not speaking of the necessary evil of righteous judgment against evil-doing, but is in fact rebuking the lie of doing evil sin that good may come.

The wrath of man works not the righteousness of God, but the wrath of God does: it is an evil thing to need take vengeance on any creature, but is necessary.

Evil was created by God when He chose beforehand to create creatures with free will, resulting in such creatures as Lucifer, who chose the evil instead of the good, and Adam who chose both good and evil.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Not necessarily, but only that when light shines, darkness is that which is not shined upon, such as above a table, if the candle is put beneath it.

However Scripture does speak of darkness with personality of it's own, even as The Light is the man Christ Jesus:

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not: perceived it not.

When the Light shines unto any, the darkness is anyone not coming to Him, and so are known as the children of the darkness:

God creates darkness by shining His Light, and the darkness refuses to see Him as He is:

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

There was no darkness from everlasting with God who is Light. Only when He created the heaven and the earth was there any darkness at all.

God said let there be light, and then divided it from the darkness created by the light shining.
God created all of it to follow the laws he set forth.

If not for darkness you would not know of light .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You need to rethink accusing Scripture of being false, which is the case when you accuse the prophets of writing Scripture in error: in such a case, man would only be writing their opinion, not Scripture of God, which is what you are doing.

No opinion of man is true, if it requires Scripture to be falsely written by of God prophet or apostle of Christ.

You are failing to believe one main thing: All Scripture is true inspiration of God, and God cannot lie.

Scripture does two things: truly records what happens, and truly speaks of God.

In Isaiah, Scripture is God perfectly speaking of Himself: His eternal Word and Spirit inspiring the prophet with the truth of God, which is God makes peace and creates evil as written.

In Job, Scripture is a perfect recording of what Job and their friends said, not God agreeing with them. Only at Job 38 is God speaking Himself, as in Isaiah 45.

Scripture accurately records many things the friends of Job said in error, and the Lord reproves them for it in the end.

The faith of Jesus commands faith in His Scriptures, all of which He has given to mankind to know Himself in truth and in Spirit, so that we may worship Him so.

God creates evil by choosing not to create souls according to a predetermined judgment to save or not: He makes all souls exactly the same in the lower part of the earth at conception, with free will to choose the good or the evil.

Since many have chosen the evil since Lucifer and Adam, then God created evil by creating life with free will to do so.

God that is love commands love from the all the heart, which requires free will to do so:

And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

God bore no ear through to serve Himself forever, before ever making the soul, but only after by free choice of the any soul: it's a whosever gospel of free will, not a whosever is predetermined by God gospel only for them predetermined and bored through by God.
God did not hold the pen of the Prophets. They wrote from their understanding and their cultural background just like you do. You do not write with the cultural baggage of a Chinese any more than the Prophets wrote with the cultural baggage of the Western mindset.

Reactions: Oceanprayers

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not hold the pen of the Prophets. They wrote from their understanding and their cultural background just like you do. You do not write with the cultural baggage of a Chinese any more than the Prophets wrote with the cultural baggage of the Western mindset.
Absolutely wrong.

Luke 24:27 Jesus describes His part in the writings of the prophets of old.
2 Peter 1:21

That's a totally bogus case, QT.

Jesus might as well have been holding the pen Himself.

Reactions: robert derrick

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Absolutely wrong.

Luke 24:27 Jesus describes His part in the writings of the prophets of old.
2 Peter 1:21

That's a totally bogus case, QT.

Jesus might as well have been holding the pen Himself.
you're then going to have a difficult time reconciling the various contradictory accounts.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're then going to have a difficult time reconciling the various contradictory accounts.
Nah, it just all depends on what one is looking for.

If you're looking for contradictions within the Bible, you'll find lotsa reasons to believe it's errant.

If you're looking for reasons to believe it's the inspired Word of God, you'll find plenty of those, too.

All a question of faith, really.

The variances in the Gospel accounts don't sway my faith in the least. There's legitimate reasons for everything. If some minor details have changed over the centuries, so be it. Doesn't change the foundational truths or discount that the original writings were accurate.

KJV is very different from NIV, but that doesn't mean the Truth isn't there in the scriptures. Seek the Truth and you'll find it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll stick with Gods doctrine! “God created evil”.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

How does God create evil? Did He create the devil evil? Does He create evil people?

How does He create darkness? Does He create the children of darkness?

Genesis 6:5-7 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. [6] And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. [7] And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophets were ready pens in the hand of the true writer.

No Scripture is in error when speaking plainly of the things of God.

You treat the Bible like just another good religious, philosophy, historical, cultural book.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Isaiah wasn't writing from his own understanding and mind, his 'world view' of things. He was writing Scripture of God:

And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.

When you say Isaiah was mistaken, you are saying the God of Isaiah was mistaken.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All true.
Unfortunately, there are many who read the Bible while thinking God himself guided the stylus,quill. Unfortunately as well is those same readers don't realize that those who compiled the bible would necessarily sustain the claim it was God appointed in those self same writings.
Writing the bible in such a way as to prove the bible is what they said it is.

Now we have one claim regarding one God. While to this very day we have dozens of bible versions reporting God's words.

And this is after the actual record regarding the bible and how it actually came to be.
If our perfect God wrote the Bible it would itself not be imperfect.
Yet that is what happens over a thousand year timespan and with dozens of people writing what would be decided later and by other people what qualifies to be worthy of inclusion in the bible.

And don't forget the dead sea scrolls that predate even the first bible. And by over a millennia.

I think what gets to the heart of the matter of the bible and its origin point is, because God is said to be the word that was in the beginning, some think that word proves its existence by the words on the page.

If a people were reverential with regard to God, I'd wonder if all those people who imagined themselves able to identify what would qualify as something God would say would have dated on that endeavor. To appoint some words as those of God. While judging others not so.

God said it. Man edited it.

I think that is why God delivered his message, that God is real and present in all of creation. And why God does deliver his message in parts of the scripture that lead us to look for the teaching beyond what has been allowed to appear on the page.

When God is all and all is God, I believe God will imbue his chosen with the capacity for discernment. And therein find the truth beyond the plots of man to assume his identity as cause for their manufacturing controls upon the minds of those they willed be controlled.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

When God is the only source for all that exists, can anything in existence be from or of something other than God?

God is the darkness and the light. God creates good and evil.

Job was tested regarding his commitment to faith in God by Satan. Satan tested Job with God's permission.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, it just all depends on what one is looking for.

If you're looking for contradictions within the Bible, you'll find lotsa reasons to believe it's errant.

If you're looking for reasons to believe it's the inspired Word of God, you'll find plenty of those, too.

All a question of faith, really.

The variances in the Gospel accounts don't sway my faith in the least. There's legitimate reasons for everything. If some minor details have changed over the centuries, so be it. Doesn't change the foundational truths or discount that the original writings were accurate.

KJV is very different from NIV, but that doesn't mean the Truth isn't there in the scriptures. Seek the Truth and you'll find it.
Your point is good. And I believe it is a good example of how God creates evil.

The false accusers of Scripture are accusing God of writing evil lies: by writing the truth in Scripture the way God has done so, He allows for unbelieving readers to make false accusation against Himself, which is evil.

If he had not had His Scriptures written into the world, then He had not created the situation for such false accusation to come to pass when reading it.

I believe God has His Scripture written in such a way, so as to root out the gainsayers and unbelievers: just like letting evil people have their evil, He gives unbelieving readers just enough rope to hang themselves with:

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

What actually proved to me for the first time ever, that there is a God in heaven, is the Bible itself. I always found, that when we think there is some contradiction or error in it, that sooner or later Scripture would show us, we were making the error by reading into it what was not there: reading Scripture with a personal bias, rather than simply as written.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All true.
Unfortunately, there are many who read the Bible while thinking God himself guided the stylus,quill. Unfortunately as well is those same readers don't realize that those who compiled the bible would necessarily sustain the claim it was God appointed in those self same writings.
Writing the bible in such a way as to prove the bible is what they said it is.

Now we have one claim regarding one God. While to this very day we have dozens of bible versions reporting God's words.

And this is after the actual record regarding the bible and how it actually came to be.
If our perfect God wrote the Bible it would itself not be imperfect.
Yet that is what happens over a thousand year timespan and with dozens of people writing what would be decided later and by other people what qualifies to be worthy of inclusion in the bible.

And don't forget the dead sea scrolls that predate even the first bible. And by over a millennia.

I think what gets to the heart of the matter of the bible and its origin point is, because God is said to be the word that was in the beginning, some think that word proves its existence by the words on the page.

If a people were reverential with regard to God, I'd wonder if all those people who imagined themselves able to identify what would qualify as something God would say would have dated on that endeavor. To appoint some words as those of God. While judging others not so.

God said it. Man edited it.

I think that is why God delivered his message, that God is real and present in all of creation. And why God does deliver his message in parts of the scripture that lead us to look for the teaching beyond what has been allowed to appear on the page.

When God is all and all is God, I believe God will imbue his chosen with the capacity for discernment. And therein find the truth beyond the plots of man to assume his identity as cause for their manufacturing controls upon the minds of those they willed be controlled.
On the surface, it's always a mystery why people like you and QT even spend time in a Christian Chat Forum.

Your posts exhibit strong lack of faith.

By your perspective, men sat around camp fires telling stories, just after crawling out of the caves, and climbing down from the trees, that became labeled 'bible' at a much later date, right?

Certainly you believe man is an accident that was spawned from pond scum MILLIONS of years ago and just so happened to become what we are today. Am I right?

We're still evolving and our next big change is the marriage of man with technology, right?

Beautiful.

Reactions: robert derrick