How does one "receive" Jesus and His subsequent power?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the son is Jesus Christ

and baptism is in the form of Matt 28:19
Is the name of the son, "Jesus"?

Yes or no?

Notice, you have not said the name of the son is Jesus, yet.

It is like pulling teeth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about it a minute...

You proudly say "Mary"!

You call Jesus, "son".

You demoted Jesus and exalted his mother.

I know, I did it too when I was in the RCC.

we also say she is mother of God!

And we say the savior of the world is Jesus Christ!

and the redeemer, the word, the prince of peace the and the founder of the church is Jesus Christ!

but obey Jesus Christ and baptize in the form he commanded in Matt 28:19

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we also say she is mother of God!

And we say the savior of the world is Jesus Christ!

and the redeemer, the word, the prince of peace the and the founder of the church is Jesus Christ!

but obey Jesus Christ and baptize in the form he commanded in Matt 28:19
God has no mother. God is a Spirit. Get it right.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a tongue talking Pentecostal you sure seem to lack the gifts of the spirit! Especially wisdom and understanding
So ask and you shall receive!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a tongue talking Pentecostal you sure seem to lack the gifts of the spirit! Especially wisdom and understanding
The Spirit of truth has led me and guided me to truth.

I left the RCC immediately after recieving the Holy Ghost.

Hallelujah!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of truth has led me and guided me to truth.

I left the RCC immediately after recieving the Holy Ghost.

Hallelujah!

the Holy Spirit inspired you to abandon Christ? Really?

what does the tongues of fire at Pentecost represent?

what the languages the apostles spoke at Pentecost represent?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Holy Spirit inspired you to abandon Christ? Really?

what does the tongues of fire at Pentecost represent?

what the languages the apostles spoke at Pentecost represent?
The RCC is not Christ.

I abandoned the RCC.

The tongues of fire was a visible sign that Jesus spoke of that they would SEE the kingdom come, not just hear it as the gift of tongues would reveal.

The kingdom was both seen AND heard.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the name of the only begotten?

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hebrews 1:5
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are Christian mysteries

eph 5:32

The Unity and Trinity of God
Lesson 3 from the Baltimore Cathechism

« prev : next »

24. Is there only one God?
Yes, there is only one God.

I am the Lord, and there is none else: there is no God besides me. (Isaiah 45:5)

25. How many Persons are there in God?
In God there are three Divine Persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

Going, therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 28:19)

26. Is the Father God?
The Father is God and the first Person of the Blessed Trinity.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (I Corinthians 1:3)

27. Is the Son God?
The Son is God and the second Person of the Blessed Trinity.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

28. Is the Holy Ghost God?
The Holy Ghost is God and the third Person of the Blessed Trinity.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? (I Corinthians 3:16)

29. What do we mean by the Blessed Trinity?
By the Blessed Trinity we mean, one and the same God in three Divine Persons.

Going, therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 28:19)

30. Are the three Divine Persons really distinct from one another?
The three Divine Persons are really distinct from one another.

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape, as a dove, upon him. And a voice came from heaven: "Thou art my beloved Son. In thee I am well pleased." (Luke 3:22)

31. Are the three Divine Persons perfectly equal to one another?
The three Divine Persons are perfectly equal to one another, because all are one and the same God.

I and the Father are one. (John 10:30)

32. How are the three Divine Persons, though really distinct from one another, one and the same God?
The three Divine Persons, though really distinct from one another, are one and the same God because all have one and the same Divine nature.

33. Can we fully understand how the three Divine Persons, though really distinct from one another, are one and the same God?
We cannot fully understand how the three Divine Persons, though really distinct from one another, are one and the same God because this is a supernatural mystery.

34. What is a supernatural mystery?
A supernatural mystery is a truth which we cannot fully understand, but which we firmly believe because we have God's word for it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the name of the only begotten?

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hebrews 1:5
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
He has a name?

Son?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus already has his army, a people. @Truther is one of millions which have become his people, having believed on his name and called upon his name in baptism, taking on his name and putting on Christ which you deny and reject. You have a form of being of God but deny him, deny his name, and reject being buried with him by your "sprinkling" substitution. If you continue to reject Jesus and do not change, the Lord will certainly reject you.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
[2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
[3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
[4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Reactions: Truther

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has a name?

Son?

The father is God!
The sin is God!
The HS is God!

one God (divine nature) three beings (persons)

the father is a being
The son is a being
The HS is a being

the father is not the son or Hs
The son is not the father or HS
The Hs is not the father or the son

simple logic demands three beings

To deny this or the command of God in Matt 28:19 is to reject Jesus Christ and his church!

Is to reject salvation!

Lk 10:16 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus already has his army, a people. @Truther is one of millions which have become his people, having believed on his name and called upon his name in baptism, taking on his name and putting on Christ which you deny and reject. You have a form of being of God but deny him, deny his name, and reject being buried with him by your "sprinkling" substitution. If you continue to reject Jesus and do not change, the Lord will certainly reject you.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
[2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
[3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
[4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

what do the tongues of fire and the languages refer too?

Where does scripture say baptism only by immersion?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The father is God!
The sin is God!
The HS is God!

one God (divine nature) three beings (persons)

the father is a being
The son is a being
The HS is a being

the father is not the son or Hs
The son is not the father or HS
The Hs is not the father or the son

simple logic demands three beings

To deny this or the command of God in Matt 28:19 is to reject Jesus Christ and his church!

Is to reject salvation!

Lk 10:16 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

The false doctrine of the “Bible alone” rejects Jesus Christ and his teaching authority in his apostles in holy church councils, dogmas and decrees etc.

Councils, dogma’s, and decrees of the church are binding on all the faithful and are equal not only to scripture but to Christ!!!

Jn 20:21 as the Father sent me, so I send you! (The apostles and their successors have the SAME mission, ministry, power, and authority as Jesus Christ!

To reject Christ teaching authority in his church is to reject Christ! Lk 10:16

A dogma of the Catholic Church is defined as "a truth revealed by God, which the magisterium of the Church declared as binding on all the faithful, Dogma is the divinely revealed truth, declared as such by the infallible teaching authority of Jesus Christ in His holy church!

Dogma! Or De Fide! Or Thee faith!

The faith of Christians!
An inconvertible unchallengeable truth revealed by God!
Truth like God who revealed it is immutable! Unchangeable!

The one true church founded by Christ on the authority of the apostles is ir-reformable!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 4:5

To deny the necessity of the Christian sacrament of baptism per Matt 28:19 is to deny Christ!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The false doctrine of the “Bible alone” rejects Jesus Christ and his teaching authority in his apostles in holy church councils, dogmas and decrees etc.

Councils, dogma’s, and decrees of the church are binding on all the faithful and are equal not only to scripture but to Christ!!!

Jn 20:21 as the Father sent me, so I send you! (The apostles and their successors have the SAME mission, ministry, power, and authority as Jesus Christ!

To reject Christ teaching authority in his church is to reject Christ! Lk 10:16

A dogma of the Catholic Church is defined as "a truth revealed by God, which the magisterium of the Church declared as binding on all the faithful, Dogma is the divinely revealed truth, declared as such by the infallible teaching authority of Jesus Christ in His holy church!

Dogma! Or De Fide! Or Thee faith!

The faith of Christians!
An inconvertible unchallengeable truth revealed by God!
Truth like God who revealed it is immutable! Unchangeable!

The one true church founded by Christ on the authority of the apostles is ir-reformable!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 4:5

To deny the necessity of the Christian sacrament of baptism per Matt 28:19 is to deny Christ!
The RCC rejects Acts 2:38 and the name of Jesus spoken to remit sins.