how i see christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cristian_gavrilescu

May 20, 2020
bucharest
Faith
Christian
Country
Romania
the law in brief:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Matthew 22:36-40)

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. (Mark 10:17-19)

adultery:
16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. (Exodus 22:16)
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. (Matthew 5:28)
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. (Matthew 5:32)

homosexuality:
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

neighbor:
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (Matthew 5:43-44)

Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Matthew 7:1)

pray to the Lord, praise the Lord, this is important because the law is hard to keep, but you must try and succeed.

why is it important to listen to God?
buddy, to listen to God's law is very important. it's important for your prosperity, for the prosperity of your country, for your health, for the health of those you love. don't expect at God to give you all you want, expect at God to give you all you need. buddy, if you don't listen to the law of God, you will have big problems, you will die in tragic circumstances and being irreconcilable with God. the evil ones apparently they have success, but if you look closely to their life, you will see they have big problems, nobody can escape from the law of God. is God bad? have you ever put yourself in the situation of those who suffer because God's law is not respected? what does the husband/wife feel when the partner commits adultery? what does the one who loses something because of a thief feel? what does the prisoner feel for a lying witness and he ends up in jail because of the liar? what does the deceived one feel? what does a parent feel when the child does not respect him? what do the relatives of the murdered one feel? what does a man feel when he is offended? all you have to have is common sense.

what does God want?
the point is that we are searching for money, but we must not think about money and only that. think about what you will do when you meet God. every deed will be analyzed. stop thinking at expensive drinks, expensive foods, expensive clothes, or anything is expensive because morally, you must be perfect in front of God. buy yourselves exactly what you need, don't spoil yourselves, don't deprive yourselves of something you need. i searched for happiness in this world. it doesn't exist. what i want it's not possible. look closely at rich men, at those with many women, at thieves, they all pay. they fall into drug abuse, alcohol abuse, they go in jail. we are all suffering, rich, poor, big, small. you can have a happy time but no doubt about it, you will end up disappointed. we all have desires, i believe God is not interested in a kingdom of sex, a kingdom of drinks, a kingdom of foods, a kingdom of our sadomasochistic way to live, a kingdom where every desire become reality. i believe that because the bible says so. i believe God wants to identify with the ten commandments, which Lord Jesus simplified them and added mercy, do not judge, etc. God wants servants worthily of his name. we want every desire of us to become reality, but our desires compromise us in front of God. i say, don't do what you want, do what you think God wants, and this after you read the bible. bible quotes:
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. (Matthew 13:44-48)
25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.(Luke 18:25)
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. (Luke 6:25-26)
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: (Luke 17:20)
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8)
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Romans 14:17)
20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. (1Corinthians 4:20)
this is the kingdom of God, the power to do good. the kingdom of God is about what God wants, not about what you want. the difference between christian God and other gods is this: christian God is Holy, real and he demands a certain behavior. God is love, but not only that, God is law and above all, God is God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 16:31 Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is how I see Christianity:

The Nicene Creed
Q-47. What is the Nicene Creed?
A. The Nicene Creed is the creed of the universal Church
and is used in our Eucharistic
Liturgy. The Nicene Creed is the Faith of the universal Church.

I believe in one God,
the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
and of all things visible and invisible;
And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the only-begotten Son of God,
begotten of his Father before all worlds,
God of God, Light of Light,
very God of very God,
begotten, not made,
being of one substance with the Father;
by whom all things were made;
who for us men and for our salvation
came down from heaven,
and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary,
and was made man;
and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered and was buried;
and the third day He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures,
and ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father;
and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the living and the dead;
Whose kingdom shall have no end.
And I believe in the Holy Spirit the Lord, and Giver of Life,
Who proceeds from the Father;
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified;
Who has spoken through the Prophets.
and I believe in one holy Catholic and Apostolic Church;
I acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins;
and I look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

https://iccec.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ICCEC_Catechism.pdf

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
pray to the Lord, praise the Lord, this is important because the law is hard to keep, but you must try and succeed.
I don't know whose teaching you sit under, cristian_gavrilescu, but your post does not align with Biblical Theology. Please consider these verses from the New Testament if you will, and set yourself to understand why it is grace and not law that characterises Christianity:

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Act 13:38-39
Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man (Jesus Christ) is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: (39) And by him (Jesus Christ) all that believe are justified from all things, from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Gal 3:10-14 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:
for it is written, Cursed is every one that continues not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. (11) But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. (12) And the law is not of faith: but, The man that does them shall live in them. (13) Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree: (14) That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Eph 1:6-7
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he has made us accepted in the beloved. (7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Eph 2:4-10 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (5) Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened us together with Christ, (by grace you are saved;) (6) And has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (7) That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (8) For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

Heb 7:19
For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.