How much can God take?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
How much must God put up with before he gives me over to a reprobate mind? I promised god I wouldn't do a certain something. and I did it. I asked Jesus to come into my life, and then I knowingly sinned. I blotted him out of my thoughts and ignored him temporarily so I wouldn't feel guilty while I was sinning, although I did feel guilty later. I turned away and tried to turn back later. All this has happened more than once. I feel though recently that I truly am developing something with God. My fear though, is that sin will trap me again.When we as human beings sin, should we feel condemned or immediately forgiven (when we ask for it of course). ???

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
(eternalarcadia;32661)
How much must God put up with......???
How much? I guess we need to look at the instrument behind God's forgivenness to understand that. In other words, Christ's sacrifice upon the cross. This sacrifice was so perfect in nature that the extent of its coverage is limitless. No matter how much you sin, you cannot exhaust the reserves of God's power to forgive.However, that is not to say that we may nonchalently sin as much as we fancy. God's forgivenness is there for the giving but it also requires us from us a willingness to acknowledge and repent of our sin. Again, repentance alone is not sufficient, if I understand the bible correctly. It is the repentence that goes hand in hand with faith in Jesus that opens the way to God's forgivenness.Personally, I feel faith is a living substance that both grows and, at times, fades. Humans are complex beings with a great gift in the form of free-will. But God has a long term vision and rides our peaks and troughs - even helps us through them. You seem to have all the right attitudes to a growing faith and trust in God as both your loved one and your protector.Again, a very personal view: I believe we were created as capable of sin, and therefore there is a purpose in it - and therefore God is not surprised that we fall into it. Therefore we should learn from it and pull out from it - but not stagnate by simply wallowing in misery about it.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Eternal Lacardia, Were going to sin. were going to sin knowingly, Were going to sin severly, were going to sin over and over and over again. And when stop doing one sin there are hundreds more to deal with. This is the tragedy of humankind. Especially in Gods eyes. 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. ( mathew 5:38)These are the expectations of God, you have to be perfect. God took all he could take of the imperfection 2,000 years. So he sent down his only son and whoever believed in him won't die but have eternal life.and It is he and he alone which achieves our perfection. accept hs gift, repent when you have sinned, and attempt to live by his teachings and you will be perfect.for there is no limit to Jesus's sacraficeyour brother in christ Ryan Fitz

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
If we have been forgiven, then we are no longer condemned. If we sin as Christians, we will lose our fellowship with Him but not our salvation. "He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins."Unfortunately, we will be tempted to sin, but we don't HAVE to give in to it. Unfortunately, too often it's something we enjoy too much, and we give in. Then we regret it and feel guilty. That's just what satan wants--to keep us defeated. It's a constant daily battle between the two natures within us--the Holy Spirit and our sin nature. The more we allow Him to lead, guide and direct our lives instead of trying to do it by our own strength, the less hold sin will have on us. We are weak, but He is omnipotent.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(eternalarcadia;32661)
..I feel though recently that I truly am developing something with God. My fear though, is that sin will trap me again...
At least you're putting up a fight like a man and coming out for each round instead of just sitting on your stool in your corner..
smile.gif
Others have gone the distance too -"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7)

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
You know you are sinning, therefore that's good. You want to stop your sinning, that's even better.You don't have to do anything. If you have been saved already then God's holy spirit would eventually lead you out of your sinning habits. If you BELIEVE it to be so.Paul said: 'What? Don't you know that God's spirit is in us except we be reprobates?'What he is saying here is that we just be our true self (reprobates, as in bad habits. Not as in we can go and kill anyone we like), so that we can see the power of God's holy spirit leading us out of our sin, not by our own efforts, because we will fail as many times as we try if we try to do it by our own efforts and strains.A verse in the Bible (Sorry, can't remember exact verse, but it goes something like this): The plant grows not by one that plants, or by another that waters, but by God that wills. Therefore if you are saved. You need not worry, only thing you need is to believe that God's spirit would definitely help you stop your sin in the future. Because it is in God's will to lead you out of your sins once you become saved.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(eternalarcadia;32661)
How much must God put up with before he gives me over to a reprobate mind? I promised god I wouldn't do a certain something. and I did it. I asked Jesus to come into my life, and then I knowingly sinned. I blotted him out of my thoughts and ignored him temporarily so I wouldn't feel guilty while I was sinning, although I did feel guilty later. I turned away and tried to turn back later. All this has happened more than once. I feel though recently that I truly am developing something with God. My fear though, is that sin will trap me again.When we as human beings sin, should we feel condemned or immediately forgiven (when we ask for it of course). ???
Its usually sex, drugs or alcohol. Why do you think you failed?I remember a minister thought he was drinking too much cola so he promised God he would stop drinking it. Now he realised he should just of said he would drink less. Because drinking less is within his capabilities but abstaining gives the flesh a chance to step in and make life very difficult for him.I would repent to the Lord about your promise which is already broken and like all promises of no use when broken I would ask God to help you with this self-control matter. It maybe that it is not sin at all but is sin only because you see it that way.Stop beating yourself up and tell God all about it, because he does care and he is not waiting for anyone to fail, the last time you repented God forgave your sin and forgot it. So no record of your previous slip-ups.God does not remember or hold past sins against us. We have a merciful Father who wants you to succeed even it takes some time. But make sure it is not something that only you see as a sin. You can pm me if you would like to share. But you have the victory in Christ and authority over all the powers of darkness. Start exercising it and you will see the difference trusting God with your failures actually makes in your life.How much sin did Christs blood cover on the cross. There is nothing that can seperate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus. So have faith and trust the Lord with these things.faithful

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
Think how Peter must have felt promising God to His face that he would not do something. Something Jesus said would cause Him to deny Paul in judgment before His Father. Can think of nothing worse Peter could have done. Yet Peter was clearly sorry, must have repented and was forgiven.God loves you, you need to believe that. Tell yourself that 3 times every morning when you look in a mirror and then before you go to sleep.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(eternalarcadia;32661)
We are humans,we are not perfect,we are supposed to follow God as closely as possible,God knows we are not perfect,and that we sin over and over again,You need to repent for what you do,because how is God to forgive when we don't ask??,The devil LOVES GUILT because the guilt over that we sinned makes us turn further and further from God,Which is the Devil feeds on!!! Sure we can feel bad for sinning but,don't let it keep you down,Jesus died on the cross for our sins,and if you ask for forgiveness you will receive(if you mean it),Just try to stay away from sin,Don't let the Devil influence you!!!,Because he does nothing for you but,keep you from devolping a intimate relationship from God!!!And I am happy to hear you are devolping something with God!!!,Just keep praying to God,let him keep you on the right path,try not to give into sin!!!,and when you do remember ask for foriveness from you sin!!! instead of feeling so guilty you actually block God outHmmm heres a good verse-“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me” (Revelation 3:20).I believe thats what it says
smile.gif
God is always wanting us to come to him,and he waits knocking,don't block him in,instead dine with him,
smile.gif
Hope I helped,I still sin to I am not perfect,and do not have all the answers
smile.gif

withlovehannah

Feb 7, 2008
I have trouble with that too, feeling like I've messed up too many times for God. You just have to remember that he knows you. He knows your weaknesses and understands them, and he'll forgive you the first time you ask.Also, as you grow in your relationship with Him, obediance comes out of your love for Him. Because when you love Him, you want to please Him.
smile.gif