How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put withi n you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8
Philip preached Jesus to the eunuch!

Obviously Philip preached “FACAGA”
Faith alone Christ alone grace alone

How did the eunuch know about baptism??

Why did the eunuch so greatly desire baptism for salvation???
(If it’s only symbolic, an outward sign)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8

The eunuch after he became a believer wanted to obey and be baptized AFTER he was saved!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The eunuch after he became a believer wanted to obey and be baptized AFTER he was saved!!!

so baptism is meaningless??
No one is saved until death?? matt 24:13

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ!
Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Sanctification: the life of grace, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love!
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism!

I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put withi n you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19 ( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)
Mk 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark and the church there is no salvation!)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohhhhh......so YOU know when Scripture is being twisted and what is or is not "contrary to the teaching of holy scripture"?

Apparently you think you know....because you are the one who originally said that she was twisting scripture.

My "book" consists of all the posts that I have made on these forums in order that sound doctrine may prevail at this website...It may not be found between the pages of a hard cover; but it will definitely speak to those who are seeking the truth.

As for my knowing...I believe that I have received the Holy Spirit and therefore the promise of an unction...1 John 2:20.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

Here is one of my favorites..

Exodus 30:17 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
[18] Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal: and thou shalt put it between the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar, and thou shalt put water therein.
[19] For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat:
[20] When they go into the tabernacle of the congregation, they shall wash with water, that they die not; or when they come near to the altar to minister, to burn offering made by fire unto the LORD:

Keep up the good work.
God Bless!

Reactions: theefaith

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8

The eunach was returning from doing what . worshipping at jerusalem . He actually beleived in the GOD of abraham , issac and jacob.
And he knew some things in the scriptures .
Just as cornelius was gentile , Yet he too worshipped the GOD of the jews .
But neither one was saved yet . They sure did have to come to faith in JESUS . and then both were water baptized .
If JESUS said to baptize , then lets simply follow what He taught .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep . Again lets look at the example of phillip and the eunach .
And the eunach asked him , SEE , HERE is some water , what does hinder me , prevent me from being baptized .
WELL NO FAITH IN JESUS would prevent one FROM being baptized . Because Phillip told him , IF YE BELEIVE
YE may be baptized . so the baptism the harlot does on new born babies , yeah sorry , that one dont count .

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmmmmmmm.......we are talking about your statement that "One cannot lose their salvation". !!!

None, zero, zip, nada, nil of the passages you referenced support the 16th century man made theory that one can not loose their salvation.

Only if you don't understand what you are reading.

God Speed

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
proxy-image

Reactions: justbyfaith

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church fathers

JUSTIN MARTYR
“As many as are persuaded and believe that what we [Christians] teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly . . . are brought by us where there is water, and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated. For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, ‘Except you be born again, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven’ [John 3:3]” (First Apology 61 [A.D. 151]).

Post snipped.

I don't follow Justin Martyr, Augustine, and certainly not the anti-Trinitarian Origen.

I follow Jesus Christ and his Word is more than sufficient.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post snipped.

I don't follow Justin Martyr, Augustine, and certainly not the anti-Trinitarian Origen.

I follow Jesus Christ and his Word is more than sufficient.
Yes indeed . FOLLOW JESUS and read that bible . Anything contrary to Those words , no lamb gonna eat on it .
MY SHEEP hear MY VOICE . And a strangers voice THEY WONT HEED . NOPE .

Reactions: Spurgeon's Girl

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say you didn't "use verse 24 because it does not change what was said in verse 25"!!! You didn't use vs 24 because it destroys you interpretation of vs 25....that is twisting Scripture!!!

I previously mentioned how you twisted the words of Paul about himself in 2 Timothy 4 into being about ALL CHRISTIANS.

The John 10 passage about His sheep never perishing at NO POINT says that we are guaranteed eternal salvation unless you twist it.

Philippians 1 that you quoted talks about praying for people to which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. HOW do you twist that prayer into guaranteed salvation???

Mary

Only if you read something into my words which is not there. Isn't that the MO for the Catholic Church. The scriptures don't say anything about purgatory, but they find a verse where they can manipulate the real meaning into a payday for the Church. Thank God for Martin Luther.

From the 95 thesis:

#82Such as: ``Why does not the pope empty purgatory for the sake of holy love and the dire need of the souls that are there if he redeems an infinite number of souls for the sake of miserable money with which to build a church?'' The former reason would be most just; the latter is most trivial.

Pope Francis still engaging in this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/16/vatican-indulgences-pope-francis-tweets

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you think you know....because you are the one who originally said that she was twisting scripture.
:( you have not really read what I have written,,,,,Have you? Let me be clear AGAIN: It is not up to YOU or ME or any individual Christian to interpret Scripture. The Church decides, by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, what we are to believe and they bind it to ALL believers because The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth....just like Scripture says. Therefor the authority to interpret Scripture is left up to THE CHURCH of which I quote sooooo it is not me you disagree with but The Church.

Reactions: Mungo

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Again!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Again!!!!

Jesus said "He who believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mk 16:16)

Peter said "Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you" (1Pet3:21)