How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Enduring till the end is the only way to know if you are saved. Scripturally.
Moreover,
Acts 11:15-16
And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

acts 2:38-41
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto themabout three thousand souls.

there is no need for a water baptism for remission of sins only when you have been baptized by the word of God then shall you become a new man.
We must endure to the end indeed . But i know i am saved . Cause my trust is in HE who did the saving my friend .
But you are correct . We must endure to the end . My question to you is , if you dont think you are saved
then where is your trust . Faith in He whom GOD did send . For ye are saved by grace . Faith in Christ .
Hold that confidence firm to the end . And if one is a hearer only , yeah they do deceive themselves .
Those who have the SPIRIT , know the Spirit works in them and gives them both the desire to do of his will
and the ability to do so . As i once said , I cant give myself one ounce of credit . BUT I SURE CAN GIVE CHRIST all the GLORY .
And on that note , its time to leap up and praise the LORD . But yes , endure to the end .

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must endure to the end indeed . But i know i am saved . Cause my trust is in HE who did the saving my friend .
But you are correct . We must endure to the end . My question to you is , if you dont think you are saved
then where is your trust . Faith in He whom GOD did send . For ye are saved by grace . Faith in Christ .
Hold that confidence firm to the end . And if one is a hearer only , yeah they do deceive themselves .
Those who have the SPIRIT , know the Spirit works in them and gives them both the desire to do of his will
and the ability to do so . As i once said , I cant give myself one ounce of credit . BUT I SURE CAN GIVE CHRIST all the GLORY .
And on that note , its time to leap up and praise the LORD . But yes , endure to the end .

You are going against the word of God when you said you know you are saved. Simply because you are to endure to the end.
Of course “ I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me “ philipian 4:13
However

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” God clearly states his words will not comeback void. Meaning he doesn’t change his mind.
so if god says the only way to be saved is enduring till the end , then it would be a blasphemy to save without a doubt I am saved before the end has arrived. I can do all things through Christ but I cannot defy god through Christ, I cannot sin through Christ , understand ?

God is not the author of confusion

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Osiris About Matt 24:13.....

The context or setting for this scripture I believe in about real times of tribulation and trials in human history, most probably when Jerusualem was destroyed and in the near future right before Christ returns.

It is not an endurance to the end for a believer in a 'normal' peaceful world to know he/she is saved at the end of it when they pass away. It is about enduring through physical and mental hardships and enduring through all that..to keep the faith in Christ....knowing throughout this time you are already saved and secure in Christ....IMO

What do you think...looked at it this way before?

APAK

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Osiris About Matt 24:13.....

The context or setting for this scripture I believe in about real times of tribulation and trials in human history, most probably when Jerusualem was destroyed and in the near future right before Christ returns.

It is not an endurance to the end for a believer in a 'normal' peaceful world to know he/she is saved at the end of it when they pass away. It is about enduring through physical and mental hardships and enduring through all that..to keep the faith in Christ....knowing throughout this time you are already saved and secure in Christ....IMO

What do you think...looked at it this way before?

APAK

there is no scripture that shows once you believe in Jesus Christ you will then be saved at that moment. Unless you can show me that.
Faith without works is dead.
Simply believing in Jesus and the almighty god will not give you the breathe of life and everlasting life. But the works being the keeping of the commandments of God which came through by the word. Of course Jesus Christ is the word made flesh. So we are to believe on him, worship the father and prove our love by keeping the commandments. That is how we know that we love God. If I keep the commandments of God for 1 week then shall I be saved in the end ? No but if I keep the commandments of God forever
, then in the end the same shall be saved. Does that scriptural understanding make sense to you?

i try to stay away from my personal opinions
Deuteronomy 8:3 “a man shall live by every word that proceed out of the mouth of the LORD “
1Peter4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;”
So I explain to the best of my ability through the scriptures themselves

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved..====Oops!!! Did God just forget baptism in Romans 10:9-13???

did not forget, it’s right there:
Christ is our righteousness
We must put on Christ and be united to His holy church

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

remember it’s not a bible society we are joining but a covenant which requires and outward sign (sacrament)

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no scripture that shows once you believe in Jesus Christ you will then be saved at that moment. Unless you can show me that.
Faith without works is dead.
Simply believing in Jesus and the almighty god will not give you the breathe of life and everlasting life. But the works being the keeping of the commandments of God which came through by the word. Of course Jesus Christ is the word made flesh. So we are to believe on him, worship the father and prove our love by keeping the commandments. That is how we know that we love God. If I keep the commandments of God for 1 week then shall I be saved in the end ? No but if I keep the commandments of God forever
, then in the end the same shall be saved. Does that scriptural understanding make sense to you?

i try to stay away from my personal opinions
Deuteronomy 8:3 “a man shall live by every word that proceed out of the mouth of the LORD “
1Peter4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;”
So I explain to the best of my ability through the scriptures themselves

This is a huge subject you are bringing up and I will not mince words....to the point then, I will leave scripture off after discussing the outline of the subject first.

This is the huge subject of salvation, the core and reason for living as a believer today. We have hope and blessings in this path we tread and its alien spiritual experience that accompanies it.

Now to more of the details...

There are two basic camps and a 3rd much smaller camp: Those that believe in no works (the smaller camp), all works, and those that believe in mixture of the two for salvation.

And then there is another level of difference...who initiates the work/no work/mixture of work?
If there is works then who does it? Is is done solely by self, partially or solely by the Spirit itself

These are things I do know from scripture, that there is a place and time in one' s life where they are saved and introduced into the Kingdom of God. In order for anyone to be given initial entry into the Kingdom they are presented the spiritual conditions given by God as his grace and the gifts of saving faith and the spirit of the Son. After they agree and act upon these terms with faith, believing in the Blood of Christ, heartfelt repentance of sin, knowing that sin means death etc, as the gospel reads, after agreeing to all these terms of the Grace, in the spirit not necessary just in the mind, they have a real life-changing experience: they receive the spirit of Christ that is given to them by the Father, the Spirit of truth is given to them. They are now capable and considered 'saved' as a new creature in a spiritual sense.
God to me and according to scripture does not makes mistakes and only initiates this miraculous salvation event to those he purposes to be Christians. He never comes home empty handed so to speak. He hits the bullseyes every time.

Now after this initial event in one's life there is the process of sanctification, becoming more holy and separated from the world and flesh.
This spiritual maturing process of this salvation occurs with one's spirit and mind. They become more inclined to not sin, to keep their mind focused on Christ and the Kingdom and giving glory to the Father.

Unfortunately there is a spiritual battle that rages on more intensely from start of this process. The old spirit and flesh defy the new intruder of the Spirit of Truth. They want the person to go back into their old ways and sin etc. It is a tug-of-war. The new spirit that one is becoming eventually, at a specific time in ones life breaks away, although not completely. That will never occur until the flesh is gone at death and the complete salvation of the person is realized, with a new glorious body, possessed.

I can go over the scripture in more detail when you want to see it. I just wanted to outline this 'very heavy' subject first.

APAK

Last edited:

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a huge subject you are bringing up and I will not mince words....to the point then, I will leave scripture off after discussing the outline of the subject first.

This is the huge subject of salvation, the core and reason for living as a believer today. We have hope and blessings in this path we tread and its alien spiritual experience that accompanies it.

Now to more of the details...

There are two basic camps and a 3rd much smaller camp: Those that believe in no works (the smaller camp), all works, and those that believe in mixture of the two for salvation.

And then there is another level of difference...who initiates the work/no work/mixture of work?
If there is works then who does it? Is is done solely by self, partially or solely by the Spirit itself

These are things I do know from scripture, that there is a place and time in one' s life where they are saved and introduced into the Kingdom of God. In order for anyone to be given initial entry into the Kingdom they are presented the spiritual conditions given by God as his grace and the gifts of saving faith and the spirit of the Son. After they agree and act upon these terms with faith, believing in the Blood of Christ, heartfelt repentance of sin, knowing that sin means death etc, as the gospel reads, after agreeing to all these terms of the Grace, in the spirit not necessary just in the mind, they have a real life-changing experience: they receive the spirit of Christ that is given to them by the Father, the Spirit of truth is given to them. They are now capable and considered 'saved' as a new creature in a spiritual sense.
God to me and according to scripture does not makes mistakes and only initiates this miraculous salvation event to those he purposes to be Christians. He never comes home empty handed so to speak. He hits the bullseyes every time.

Now after this initial event in one's life there is the process of sanctification, becoming more holy and separated from the world and flesh.
This spiritual maturing process of this salvation occurs with one's spirit and mind. They become more inclined to not sin, to keep their mind focused on Christ and the Kingdom and giving glory to the Father.

Unfortunately there is a spiritual battle that rages on more intensely from start of this process. The old spirit and flesh defy the new intruder of the Spirit of Truth. They want the person to go back into their old ways and sin etc. It is a tug-of-war. The new spirit that one is becoming eventually, at a specific time in ones life breaks away, although not completely. That will never occur until the flesh is gone at death and the complete salvation of the person is realized, with a new glorious body, possessed.

I can go over the scripture in more detail when you want to see it. I just wanted to outline this 'very heavy' subject first.

APAK

This is cool and all. Only problem is there is one truth and way. I couldn’t substantiate your post with any scripture. This is important for understanding and teaching.
Do you believe Abraham was saved even though he didn’t believe in “Jesus Christ “ ?
salvation is much more than believing in the almighty god and his son. Salvation is for the Jews, salvation is for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And Christ is coming to deliver those captives and broken hearted of his people because they have been going through the curses until his return

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is cool and all. Only problem is there is one truth and way. I couldn’t substantiate your post with any scripture. This is important for understanding and teaching.
Do you believe Abraham was saved even though he didn’t believe in “Jesus Christ “ ?
salvation is much more than believing in the almighty god and his son. Salvation is for the Jews, salvation is for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And Christ is coming to deliver those captives and broken hearted of his people because they have been going through the curses until his return
I'm stepping out for a bit...one answer to one of your queries though....Abraham was credited with righteousness, as his faith while alive, his belief in God Almighty by his actions and lifestyle caused his salvation in the future, indeed.

and before his death at his time considered as a guest in God's house. He was officially saved after the Blood of Christ on the Cross.

Blessings, APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Osiris yes, Abraham did believe in Jesus Christ per Christ's statement.

John 8:56, KJV: "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad."

Now we do not know all the details of his belief although I would think he knew of the Christ of God and why he had to come to save mankind form their sin state...

Who are the lost sheep? And then who else are his other sheep? according to you

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved..====Oops!!! Did God just forget baptism in Romans 10:9-13???

eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith (Catholic) one baptism
Why does it say baptism?
Acts 8 how does the eunuch know about baptism?
Why is he baptized if already believing and is saved?

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Osiris yes, Abraham did believe in Jesus Christ per Christ's statement.

John 8:56, KJV: "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad."

Now we do not know all the details of his belief although I would think he knew of the Christ of God and why he had to come to save mankind form their sin state...

Who are the lost sheep? And then who else are his other sheep? according to you

The lost sheep are those of Israel that have no knowledge of their heritage and suffered the curses in Deuteronomy 28 because they rejected god with their abominations. The other sheep are still of the house of Israel but those who follow Christ. He came to preach deliverance to the captives so that the word of God would go out to the children of God before they would be scattered to the four corners of the earth.
Abraham did not believe unto Christ in the flesh , however with Christ being the word of God made flesh. Abraham faith was great in The almighty God and followed his word. Understand that part? Continuing, Abraham trusted in the promise that the almighty God have to him that through his seed he will be blessed. In issac shall thy seed be called and issac begat Jacob who’s name was changed to Israel (prince of power/god )by the almighty.
The sheep/Lambs/Goats in the biblical text are all in reference to the children of Israel

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lost sheep are those of Israel that have no knowledge of their heritage and suffered the curses in Deuteronomy 28 because they rejected god with their abominations. The other sheep are still of the house of Israel but those who follow Christ. He came to preach deliverance to the captives so that the word of God would go out to the children of God before they would be scattered to the four corners of the earth.
Abraham did not believe unto Christ in the flesh , however with Christ being the word of God made flesh. Abraham faith was great in The almighty God and followed his word. Understand that part? Continuing, Abraham trusted in the promise that the almighty God have to him that through his seed he will be blessed. In issac shall thy seed be called and issac begat Jacob who’s name was changed to Israel (prince of power/god )by the almighty.
The sheep/Lambs/Goats in the biblical text are all in reference to the children of Israel
Well I sense we are on the right track to get onto some common ground..not yet though...IMO

The lost sheep definition you gave and the promise and blessings bestowed upon Abraham in the future I can live with for sure...with a few caveats.

The 'other' sheep as defines if they are only the blood-line of Israel, and that they are the only children of God besides the lost sheep, not so much..do not agree...
and Abraham not believing in Christ, not so much...
Abraham's seed and future descendants is a spiritual seed for all peoples on the earth, not confined to Hebrew or Israelite descent...

For starters, I think your definition of Israel then and today for salvation is very different than mine...I may be wrong. The blood-line Israel has no bearing on salvation today, since Christ, and the age or the Fathers' giving and use of his grace for salvation.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I sense we are on the right track to get onto some common ground..not yet though...IMO

The lost sheep definition you gave and the promise and blessings bestowed upon Abraham in the future I can live with for sure...with a few caveats.

The 'other' sheep as defines if they are only the blood-line of Israel, and that they are the only children of God besides the lost sheep, not so much..do not agree...
Abraham's seed and future descendants is a spiritual seed for all peoples on the earth, not confined to Hebrew or Israelite descent...

For starters, I think your definition of Israel then and today for salvation is very different than mine...I may be wrong. The blood-line Israel has no bearing on salvation today, since Christ, and the age or the Fathers' giving and use of his grace for salvation.

You gotta show scriptural book chapter verse where it is a spiritual descendants that receive the promise. When all throughout the text through Abraham seed and through issac and through jacob. To say it is spiritually for everyone means issac and jacob and his children wasn’t by flesh Abraham seed. That is problematic because Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel. Where in the text can you demonstrate “other sheep” as you say being other nations.
How is salvation for everyone on the earth when God said he would destroy the Edomites from the earth?
Inclusion is not scriptural since we all know why God destroyed Babel because their wickedness and and they were all on one accord. also why would god divide the nation according to the children of Israel and promise abrahams seed salvation and ruler ship if God would later make it for all nations. Gods word does not come back void or change. Plus what of the children of Ham and Japheth who aren’t of Abrahams seed in any capacity does your understanding mean salvation is for them as well. See how problematic misinterpreting the Bible is when we have our own opinions

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I clarified Abraham did not believe in Christ in the flesh because he was not yet in the flesh but he was the word of god. Christ is the voice of the almighty so in that understanding through abrahams faith with following the commandments of God he believed in everything sent from the most high god. Understand? The spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Christ revelation 19

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gotta show scriptural book chapter verse where it is a spiritual descendants that receive the promise. When all throughout the text through Abraham seed and through issac and through jacob. To say it is spiritually for everyone means issac and jacob and his children wasn’t by flesh Abraham seed. That is problematic because Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel. Where in the text can you demonstrate “other sheep” as you say being other nations.
How is salvation for everyone on the earth when God said he would destroy the Edomites from the earth?
Inclusion is not scriptural since we all know why God destroyed Babel because their wickedness and and they were all on one accord. also why would god divide the nation according to the children of Israel and promise abrahams seed salvation and ruler ship if God would later make it for all nations. Gods word does not come back void or change. Plus what of the children of Ham and Japheth who aren’t of Abrahams seed in any capacity does your understanding mean salvation is for them as well. See how problematic misinterpreting the Bible is when we have our own opinions
No, I'm not saying that at all about Isaac and Jacob and many more in the OT including the prophets...they, like Abraham were credited with righteousness in spirit. They are a part of the saved today. They are of the spiritual seed of Abraham as is any person of any nation who places their faith in the grace of God for salvation. Physical tribes of old, as with the 12 tribes of Israel do not automatically count for spiritual salvation and especially being under the Law of the OT. Many did not accept the Law. Many contributed to the killing of the Prophets for example....are they part of Abraham's seed? Not hardly. Are those that worshiped the golden calf and other who performed abominations without repentance a part of the seed of Abraham. Hardly..

So not everyone gets to be the spiritual seed of Abraham either has I just mentioned above. It is open to all nations since Christ. They all have to accept the grace of God. So it is not a complete inclusion at all.

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I clarified Abraham did not believe in Christ in the flesh because he was not yet in the flesh but he was the word of god. Christ is the voice of the almighty so in that understanding through abrahams faith with following the commandments of God he believed in everything sent from the most high god. Understand? The spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Christ revelation 19
Now I'm 100% with you that Christ was and is the voice of the Almighty, Amen..and I do understand what you just said about Abraham's belief in Christ.

Why do you use a lower case god....? curious

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm not saying that at all about Isaac and Jacob and many more in the OT including the prophets...they, like Abraham were credited with righteousness in spirit. They are a part of the saved today. They are of the spiritual seed of Abraham as is any person of any nation who places their faith in the grace of God for salvation. Physical tribes of old, as with the 12 tribes of Israel do not automatically count for spiritual salvation and especially being under the Law of the OT. Many did not accept the Law. Many contributed to the killing of the Prophets for example....are they part of Abraham's seed? Not hardly. Are those that worshiped the golden calf and other who performed abominations without repentance a part of the seed of Abraham. Hardly..

So not everyone gets to be the spiritual seed of Abraham either has I just mentioned above. It is open to all nations since Christ. They all have to accept the grace of God. So it is not a complete inclusion at all.

APAK
Book, Chapter , and Verse to substantiate any of the spiritual seed /Israel and salvation for all but not all. without that you don’t have much we can go off except your opinion.
the Bible says to prove all things
1 Thessalonians 5:21

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I'm 100% with you that Christ was and is the voice of the Almighty, Amen..and I do understand what you just said about Abraham's belief in Christ.

Why do you use a lower case god....? curious
It doesn’t matter if it’s capital or lower case . God is a Norse word and ultimately in the Hebrew is allahayam or Elohim both plural.
Ecclesiasticus 1:1 words spoken in Hebrew but translated in other languages have not the same force. If your name is George and I call you Jorge is that your name given no. Since the Bible wasn’t originally in English you always gotta reference the source documents YHWH is specifically used for the almighty god

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t matter if it’s capital or lower case . God is a Norse word and ultimately in the Hebrew is allahayam or Elohim both plural.
Ecclesiasticus 1:1 words spoken in Hebrew but translated in other languages have not the same force. If your name is George and I call you Jorge is that your name given no. Since the Bible wasn’t originally in English you always gotta reference the source documents YHWH is specifically used for the almighty god
I see the common ground approaching already....you are right on target here IMO. Although I use the lower case god sometimes for a false god Almighty, as I'm not a Trinitarian. I believe in one YHWH and only one Almighty and one Yashua, his Son...not 3 gods in one confusing triad-triune god as many do....they believe that the Son is the same god as the Father...etc