How to be Saved (Born-Again ) and JOIN the Family of God!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep ignoring the Holy Spirit it seems to me where born again is concerned, and just hinge everything on Baptism:
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

what’s the water for or all about?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Ive already given you my view, no christian is without sin.

Your obligation is firstly to believe Father and Son, through the Holy Spirits leading. Which church should we follow? One based on right of succession? Or any church most led of the Holy Spirit?

there is only one church Jn 10:16 founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 teaching all men Matt 28:19 without error Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 with jurisdictional apostolic authority and succession acts 1:26

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once tried to rigidly follow the letter of scripture. I failed, just as you do, and just as everyone else does. Allow for the great love, mercy and compassion of God for those who come to Him through His Son. When you read the Bible, I hope you accept, that when you read it, the underlying truth that protects all believers is as the Psalmist believed, God's unfailing love. And that unfailing love is expressed under the new covenant by Christ dying for our sins at Calvary

Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part!

Justification:
then when we believe in him and his redemption we are justified in that faith and baptism!

Sanctification:
then we are in Christ and his church by grace faith and baptism we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, other sacraments etc.

Salvation:
then when we are faithful to Christ and in his grace at death enter salvation!

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

All faith without charity avails nothing! 1 cor 13:2

Faith, hope, and charity! 1 cor 13:13

Deut. 6:5 5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Never faith alone!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once tried to rigidly follow the letter of scripture. I failed, just as you do, and just as everyone else does. Allow for the great love, mercy and compassion of God for those who come to Him through His Son. When you read the Bible, I hope you accept, that when you read it, the underlying truth that protects all believers is as the Psalmist believed, God's unfailing love. And that unfailing love is expressed under the new covenant by Christ dying for our sins at Calvary

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace issufficient for thee: for my strength ismade perfect in weakness.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Jn 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rite, ritual and ceremony will save no one, a changed heart through the Holy Spirit will, and a heart that trusts in Christ' for right standing before the Father

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen for a Fact That multitudes Of people are getting Saved—- “IN SPITE OF” the romanists and their False “ Add to the Gospel” Doctrines That GUARANTEE that the are ALL “ Fallen from Grace”.....Stop putting your Faith in your priest and read the Bible for once....Read Galatians and come back and tell me I am wrong....Lazy, and “ poor students of the Word” Take note —— it’s only six short chapters and it could save your Soul......

If you ADD the Seven Sacraments to Paul’s Gospel Of Faith in the death , burial and resurrection of Jesus —— making yourself “ Co- Savior” ——you are “ Fallen From Grace” .....pray that that does not equate to Damnation....some say that it does....

can one be saved without a priest?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen for a Fact That multitudes Of people are getting Saved—- “IN SPITE OF” the romanists and their False “ Add to the Gospel” Doctrines That GUARANTEE that the are ALL “ Fallen from Grace”.....Stop putting your Faith in your priest and read the Bible for once....Read Galatians and come back and tell me I am wrong....Lazy, and “ poor students of the Word” Take note —— it’s only six short chapters and it could save your Soul......

If you ADD the Seven Sacraments to Paul’s Gospel Of Faith in the death , burial and resurrection of Jesus —— making yourself “ Co- Savior” ——you are “ Fallen From Grace” .....pray that that does not equate to Damnation....some say that it does....

I can’t baptize myself!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

did Paul write these verses?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

we are commanded to be baptized
Matt 28:19

It is God who baptizes us and fills us with His spirit and gives us a new heart
Ez 36:25-27

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32
To reject the church is to reject Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't! Christ is not only found in the Catholic church. I discovered this while in the Catholic church as I was a cradle Catholic.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

there is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20 all others are heretical sects of the tradition of men

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! If water baptism could save you then Jesus need not have went to the cross.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you saying they who have cannot sin?
No I am not saying that. I asked you what in your view was the difference between an external law written in stone and an internal law written in the mind and placed on the heart. As this is the core of the new covenant, along with your sins and lawless deeds being remembered no more it is important to have an understanding of it

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
what’s the water for or all about?
Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
We are all born of water, and believers are born of the spirit

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
there is only one church Jn 10:16 founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 teaching all men Matt 28:19 without error Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 with jurisdictional apostolic authority and succession acts 1:26
Well the EOC believe they are now the true church. I grew up in pentecostal churches, they also believed they are the only true church now following biblical teaching, then theres the sda and a host of others all claiming the same thing. Right of succession proves nothing if it has wandered from the truth

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Born again by baptism

What??? Poor exegesis! (Actually eisegesis.)

Here is that complete section from Ezekiel: “‘I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries(1); then I will bring you to your land. I will sprinkle you with pure water, and you will be clean from all your impurities. I will purify you from all your idols. (2) I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will remove the heart of stone from your body and give you a heart of flesh. I will put my Spirit within you; I will take the initiative, and you will obey my statutes and carefully observe my regulations(3). Then you will live in the land I gave to your fathers(4); you will be my people, and I will be your God. I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and multiply it; I will not bring a famine on you. I will multiply the fruit of the trees and the produce of the fields, so that you will never again suffer the disgrace of famine among the nations. Then you will remember your evil behavior and your deeds that were not good; you will loathe yourselves on account of your sins and your abominable deeds. Understand that it is not for your sake I am about to act, declares the Sovereign Lord. Be ashamed and embarrassed by your behavior, O house of Israel."

1) Gather you from all the countries clearly refers to exiled Israelites.
2) Purification from idols is self-explanatory (unless you're Catholic and still retain idols!)
3) "Obey my statutes and carefully observe my regulations" clearly refers to the Old Testament law.
4) The land is gave to you fathers clearly refers to the physical land of Israel.

Taking a few OT verses out of context to come up with a clearly unScriptural interpretation is eisegesis, bordering on blasphemy. "Born again by baptism" (by sprinkling!) is so far from what this text is saying that it is clearly a severe distortion of God's message.