How to be Saved (Born-Again ) and JOIN the Family of God!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you observe, or even try to obey each and everything Christ taught and commanded in the Gospels? Its a dangerous thing to just quote the letter, for you can never live up to what you are quoting

Its a covenant not a Bible study

have you put on Christ?

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its a covenant not a Bible study

have you put on Christ?

1) I'm sure you do not understand the core of the covenant quoted to you
2) To your credit, you didn't lie, you just avoided the answer to the question asked

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you observe, or even try to obey each and everything Christ taught and commanded in the Gospels? Its a dangerous thing to just quote the letter, for you can never live up to what you are quoting

1 cor 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

“Faith alone” ain’t biblical!

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 cor 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

“Faith alone” ain’t biblical!

Well nearly all of the mafia got baptised in water, but I doubt it did them much good

Reactions: Jim B

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and to be members of Christ and His church in His sanctifying grace
so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit
Rom15:16

I have read that some believe, in effect there is a trinity of Father, Son and the bible.
You can spot them a long way off, they can only rigidly quote the letter, but not explain it when asked to. Heb10:16&17?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Born again by baptism

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
they still have free will and chose to sin

grace does not force you
You commit sin don't you. I suggest you learn to discern the difference between 1John 1:8 &1John3:9 for example. If you put your hope in the church, hopefully your church may explain it to you

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You commit sin don't you. I suggest you learn to discern the difference between 1John 1:8 &1John3:9 for example. If you put your hope in the church, hopefully your church may explain it to you

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18
The believer has no righteousness before God of observing the law. Sin is the transgression of the law(1John3:4)
Therefore, if you have no righteousness before God of obeying the law, it is the same as stating you have no righteousness before God of not committing sin.
You cannot accept that can you, and yet, that is Paul's core message. You need a little more emphasis on the only one who can lead believers into truth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you wouldn't be able to explain it. If you put as much emphasis on the Holy Spirit as you do sacraments you would get much further

one refers to Christians sinning which is possible and we repent and confess
The other to sacrificing our will and doing God’s will such as if you live by spirit you will putt to death the deeds of the flesh, such as lust but we must resist sin