How to Become a Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On 2023-06-01 10:47, Bee wrote:
> I want to repent for my sins how do I become a Christian like you and turn
> to the lord jesus christ.
>
> from bee

[Here is my reply as of 2023-06-01 4:40 PM]

Hello bee my friend. :) Thank you for emailing me. :D I greatly appreciate you reaching out and wanting to become a Christian like myself. <3. I am incredibly grateful to have been given this opportunity by the Lord. Therefore, I will thoroughly answer your question on how to become a Christian. Here is my answer that I have specifically typed out for you, Bee, right now, because I care for you, my friend.

Let me start by looking at what you mentioned first. So, when you say “I want to repent for my sins”, I see it relating to this Bible verse:

Matthew 3:2 “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (ESV).

To repent Μετανοεῖτε (Metanoeite) means to recognize that you have sin. The fact that you want to repent for your sins means that you indeed recognize that you have sin. That is evidence that you are already in the state of repentance μετανοίας (metanoias), which means, the acknowledgement of a sinner’s state. It’s when a person, such as yourself. realizes they are a sinner.

Truly, I say, all humans, the descendants of Adam, are all sinners. Sin וְחָטָ֖אתִי wə-ḥā-ṭā-ṯî OT ἁμαρτίας (hamartias) NT is defined as disobedience from God, Yahweh, the One True God. We have all broken the Law of the Lord. All humans are born with Original Sin, inherited from Adam. (Romans 5:12). Even the smallest sin is disobedience. This is the truth; I am a sinner because I have committed many sins. As the Bible says:

Ecclesiastes 7:20 “Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.” (ESV).

The cost of sin is death. (Romans 6:23). That’s why people die. Yet, God wants everyone to happily forever, He does not want us to be dead! Therefore, God became flesh as Jesus Christ. (John 1:1, John 1:14, John 10:30). Jesus Christ was born of a virgin to avoid Original Sin. (Isaiah 7:14). Jesus Christ had the appearance of a man. (1 Timothy 2:5). Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, free from all sin, completely sinless. (2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15). Jesus Christ was crucified, killed and resurrected 3 days later, showing that the cost of sin was fully paid off. (Matthew 27:35, Matthew 16:21, Hebrews 9:14).

1 Corinthians 15:22: “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive." (ESV).

For you, Bee, to become a Christian, you must believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone. Turn to the Lord Jesus Christ with faith only, not of good works. Our good works do not save us. Because we are not good, we are evil, we all have sin. Without God, all of our works are like filthy rags. (Isaiah 64:6). You cannot spell GOOD without GOD! It is impossible for we, as mere humans, to save ourselves from sin. But God can, and God will.

Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” (NIV).

We did nothing to earn this gift of grace. (Romans 4:5). God gave it to us out of His great love and mercy to us. (Romans 11:6). Our salvation is freely given to us, as the blood of Christ is sprinkled on the mercy seat of Heaven (Hebrews 4:16). The blood of Jesus washes away all our sins by faith alone in Him (1 Peter 1:19). We are not saved by obeying the commandments, because every human broke them (Romans 3:28). Trying to be a good person by helping the poor does not save us, because we are still dirty (Galatians 2:16). It’s about cleaning the sin, this dirt, we are born with.

When a person believes in Christ, Bee, they permanently gain the Holy Spirit, who is God (2 Corinthians 3:17). This Spirit of Righteousness is what gives us permanent life. Because sin = death and life = God = no sin. He alone permanently makes us clean! Jesus is the only way to Heaven. (John 14:6). What makes me a Christian, bee, is the Holy Ghost that dwells inside of me. It is the Lord’s seal of approval! I was once lost, an atheist, and then I was found! (Luke 15:24). So, once we are saved, we cannot lose our salvation, we are always saved! (John 10:28). Only then do our works truly become good, because the Holy Spirit, God, dwelling inside, make them good. (Romans 11:29)!

Ephesians 1:13 “In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit” (ESV).

Who will gain the Holy Spirit of Permanent Life? Everybody! Because eventually, everyone will choose to believe in Jesus Christ to have their wrongdoings blotted out (Romans 11:32). Therefore, everyone will go to Heaven. A perfect paradise where there is no more suffering and no more pain, where all death is gone! (Revelation 21:4). It’s like how you, Bee my friend, have chosen to email me asking to become a Christian. I am honored and humbled you have messaged me, so I hope this response has answered your question, Bee. :) No matter how long it takes, all people will realize their sin and recognize their need for a saviour from sin. All people, everywhere, will believe in Christ with faith alone to be saved (2 Corinthians 5:19). Amen. <3

Romans 5:18 “Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.” (NIV).

The LORD God blesses you with this truth my friend (Psalm 145:18). I hope you have a wonderful day today!

--
- Harold Samson(g) www.jesus-saves-all.com
Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. :)

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"How to Become a Christian"

Stop being LGBTQ for one thing!

1 Corinthians 6
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1 Corinthians 6
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
First off, a person is saved by faith alone in Christ Jack my friend, not out of their own works whether they are or are not something.

Secondly. Same verse that you mentioned in another thread, so I will post my same explanation like before my friend for those on here who wish to understand this truth too,

CORRECTED: 1 Corinthians 6:9 ESV Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice sodomy aka bestiality aka the sin of having sexual intercourse with an animal.

perform homosexual acts, ἀρσενοκοῖται (arsenokoitai) Strong's 733: a sodomite, pederast. From arrhen and koite; a sodomite.

Definition of PEDERAST

Pederest = a man who desires or engages in sexual activity with a boy.

It’s a repeat of Leviticus 18:22 above, where a “boy” refers to a male child. Sexual activity with any child, male or female, homosexual or heterosexual is a sin! That’s what’s being condemned.

Definition of SODOMITE

Sodomite = someone who practices sodomy

Sodomy = copulation with an animal

Definition of COPULATION

Copulation = to engage in sexual intercourse

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I support LGBT people. Homosexuality is not a sin. My friend RoboticSquire thinks that homosexuality is a sin, so I disprove their points and prove that homosexuality is not a sin. Therefore I rebuke the homophobia Christians have against homosexual people.

RoboticSquire

Yesterday at 3:51 AM

The reason I said that heterosexual marriage is what God intended for marriage is that when a man and a woman do something to have a baby and populate the world, while homosexuality is the defiance of that and loving someone who is of the same sex is shameful and risking themselves spiritually and physically.

Romans 1:24-27: Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Plus, homosexual "marriage" should be banned because, once again, a defiance of what God intended. In the Bible, it is written that a man will leave his parents for a wife, not a man.

Genesis 2:24 : Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Thus here is my reply:

Hello RoboticSquire my friend. Thanks for taking the time to write a reply, I appreciate your response, God bless. I will quote your points like this and address them individually.

```The reason I said that heterosexual marriage is what God intended for marriage is that when a man and a woman do something to have a baby and populate the world, while homosexuality is the defiance of that and loving someone who is of the same sex is shameful and risking themselves spiritually and physically. ```

Genesis 5:2 He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind” when they were created.

It is true that God had used heterosexual marriage as a reason for populating the world, as reproduction, having a baby, can only happen with a man and a woman. We can say that God had approved that heterosexual marriage of Adam and Even from the Garden of Eden. However, just because God has chosen a specific people for a specific purpose, does not rule out other people.

The logic of God has used heterosexual marriage therefore homosexual marriage bad does not work. An example is with the nation of Israel.

That logic is like saying God has used Israel to achieve His purpose therefore only the nation of Israel will be saved and nobody else. That does not work. We know for a fact that God saves people outside of Israel, as He had made Jesus to be a light to the Gentiles too. Luke 2:32.

So, the fact that heterosexual marriage is different from homosexual marriage does not say anything. God blesses Israel AND He blesses other nations too. God blesses heterosexual marriages and homosexual marriages. What if God joined together homosexuals in marriage? Imagine separating them and going against God.

Mark 10:9 What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.

Both heterosexuals and homosexuals can commit defiance against God. By the sins of sexual immorality and adultery. To say all heterosexuality is a sin is wrong, just like how it’s wrong to save all homosexuality is a sin. A heterosexual can commit the sin of sexual assault, a homosexual can commit the same sin. But by themselves, the sheer concept of heterosexuality and homosexuality are not sins.

```Romans 1:24-27: Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. ```

Paul in this verse condemns the shrine prostitution as related to idolatrous worship, like to the false god of fertility Aphrodite, the Roman version of Ashtoreth, the false god of fertility the Canaanites worshipped. That’s the sin Paul condemns here, not homosexuality. Romans 1 and Homosexuality. The Context Of Romans 1 Is Idolatry.

You may assume that homosexual behavior is not “natural” and does not appear in nature, yet many scientific studies prove otherwise: Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia

Both homosexuals and heterosexuals can commit the sin of idolatry. Yet, not all homosexuality is sinful.

My friend, be careful when adding human tradition of “Anti-Homosexuality” into this Bible Verse. This site shows how, in 1946, a mere human added their own tradition of “Anti-Homosexuality” into a translation of the Bible: 1946: THE MISTRANSLATION THAT SHIFTED CULTURE

Mark 7:8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.

```Plus, homosexual "marriage" should be banned because, once again, a defiance of what God intended. In the Bible, it is written that a man will leave his parents for a wife, not a man.

Genesis 2:24 : Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. ```

I support homosexual marriage; it should not be banned. In Genesis, there is the Prime Directive to reproduce, which is only accomplished through heterosexuality. The one flesh being the human womb infant formed at conception. Leviticus Laws to the Israelites from Mount Sinai relate to this. This verse proves that heterosexual marriage is promoted by God. But it does not disprove homosexual marriage.

A good book from a fellow Christian Universalist: https://gayprejudice.com/GayPrejudice.pdf

truthfully, scripture does not condemn the concept of homosexuality: Christ’s blessings of joy to you! LGBTQ-Affirming Scripture | St. Hugh Episcopal | Elgin, IL

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, a person is saved by faith alone in Christ Jack my friend, not out of their own works whether they are or are not something.

Secondly. Same verse that you mentioned in another thread, so I will post my same explanation like before my friend for those on here who wish to understand this truth too,

CORRECTED: 1 Corinthians 6:9 ESV Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice sodomy aka bestiality aka the sin of having sexual intercourse with an animal.
Are you intentionally LYING? ESV doesn't say that. You should be ashamed!

1 Corinthians 6:9 (ESV)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
perform homosexual acts, ἀρσενοκοῖται (arsenokoitai) Strong's 733: a sodomite, pederast. From arrhen and koite; a sodomite.

Definition of PEDERAST

Pederest = a man who desires or engages in sexual activity with a boy.

It’s a repeat of Leviticus 18:22 above, where a “boy” refers to a male child. Sexual activity with any child, male or female, homosexual or heterosexual is a sin! That’s what’s being condemned.

Definition of SODOMITE

Sodomite = someone who practices sodomy

Sodomy = copulation with an animal

Definition of COPULATION

Copulation = to engage in sexual intercourse
You TWIST the English BIG TIME so why would we believe your personal translations???

Last edited:
Reactions: knothead

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 6
The word "homosexual" was created in 1869 and began to be seen in English around 1900 and was NEVER seen in an English translation of the Bible until the 1946 RSV, and the word was then removed in the 1972 revision. The older English translations like the KJV, RV, ASV and YLT have the translation correct, if you use the dictionary the closest to their time to understand the words.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," (1Cor 6:9 KJV)

From the 1828 Webster's English Dictionary online -

"ABU'SER, noun s as z. One who abuses, in speech or behavior; one that deceives; a ravisher; a sodomite. 1 Corinthians 6:9."

Check this same 1828 dictionary to see how it defines a "ravisher" -

"RAV'ISHER, noun
1. One that takes by violence.
2. One that forces a woman to his carnal embrace."

The 1828 has given the meaning of the phrase and in its definition shows us what a "sodomite' is. The recognized standard thesaurus references of today do NOT equate "sodomite" and "homosexual" as synonyms. They mean different things!

The modern translations have so distorted this verse that the NRSV Updated Edition(2021) footnotes this by the following -
"Meaning of Gk uncertain"

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "homosexual" was created in 1869 and began to be seen in English around 1900 and was NEVER seen in an English translation of the Bible until the 1946 RSV, and the word was then removed in the 1972 revision. The older English translations like the KJV, RV, ASV and YLT have the translation correct, if you use the dictionary the closest to their time to understand the words.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," (1Cor 6:9 KJV)

From the 1828 Webster's English Dictionary online -

"ABU'SER, noun s as z. One who abuses, in speech or behavior; one that deceives; a ravisher; a sodomite. 1 Corinthians 6:9."

Check this same 1828 dictionary to see how it defines a "ravisher" -

"RAV'ISHER, noun
1. One that takes by violence.
2. One that forces a woman to his carnal embrace."

The 1828 has given the meaning of the phrase and in its definition shows us what a "sodomite' is. The recognized standard thesaurus references of today do NOT equate "sodomite" and "homosexual" as synonyms. They mean different things!

The modern translations have so distorted this verse that the NRSV Updated Edition(2021) footnotes this by the following -
"Meaning of Gk uncertain"
I seriously doubt that your credentials overrule our Bible. Are you LGBTQ maybe?

Romans 1
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is useless to attempt reasoning with a homophobic person whose "credentials" seem to be only his twisted hatred. The verse reads: "the men, leaving the natural use of the woman" which means in our terminology, heterosexuals leaving their women. That is shown in the historical context as quoted from a Greek philosopher of Paul's day. That philosopher saw the same thing Paul did -

From the Greek philosopher Dio Chrysostom (40-110 AD) in The Seventh or Euboean Discourse

Phrasing lifted from text numbered 133 through 152

"In dealing with brothel-keepers and their trade we must certainly betray no weakness as though something were to be said on both sides, but must sternly forbid them...Such men bring individuals together in union without love and intercourse without affection, and all for the sake of filthy lucre...For evils are never wont to remain as they are; they are ever active and advancing to greater wantonness if they meet no compelling check...Indeed, beginning with practices and habits that seem trivial and allowable, it acquires a strength and force that are uncontrollable, and no longer stops at anything...Now at this point we must assuredly remember that this adultery committed with outcasts, so evident in our midst and becoming so brazen and unchecked, is to a very great extent paving the way to hidden and secret assaults upon the chastity of women and boys of good family...The man whose appetite is insatiate in such things, when he finds there is no scarcity, no resistance, in this field, will have contempt for the easy conquest and scorn for a woman's love, as a thing too readily given — in fact, too utterly feminine — and will turn his assault against the male quarters, eager to befoul the youth who will very soon be magistrates and judges and generals, believing that in them he will find a kind of pleasure difficult and hard to procure. His state is like that of men who are addicted to drinking and wine-bibbing, who after long and steady drinking of unmixed wine, often lose their taste for it and create an artificial thirst by the stimulus of sweatings, salted foods, and condiments."

St. John Chrysostom (349-407AD) also saw this when he wrote on Rom. 1:27 -

"...he deprives them of excuse, by saying of the women, that 'they changed the natural use.' For no one, he means, can say that it was by being hindered of legitimate intercourse that they came to this pass, or that it was from having no means to fulfil their desire that they were driven into this monstrous insaneness. For the changing implies possession. Which also when discoursing upon the doctrines he said, 'They changed the truth of God for a lie.' And with regard to the men again, he shows the same thing by saying, 'Leaving the natural use of the woman.' And in a like way with those, these he also puts out of all means of defending themselves by charging them not only that they had the means of gratification, and left that which they had, and went after another, but that having dishonored that which was natural, they ran after that which was contrary to nature."

Another Christian source,
In 1878 the Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown commentary was published, and on Rom. 1:27 it states in part:

"Observe how, in the retributive judgment of God, vice is here seen consuming and exhausting itself. When the passions, scourged by violent and continued indulgence in natural vices, became impotent to yield the craved enjoyment, resort was had to artificial stimulants by the practice of unnatural and monstrous vices."

I do NOT rely upon my "credentials", I give quotes from those far more knowledgeable than I, and give the URL when possible so readers can see for themselves.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On 2023-06-01 10:47, Bee wrote:
> I want to repent for my sins how do I become a Christian like you and turn
> to the lord jesus christ.
>
> from bee

[Here is my reply as of 2023-06-01 4:40 PM]

Hello bee my friend. :) Thank you for emailing me. :D I greatly appreciate you reaching out and wanting to become a Christian like myself. <3. I am incredibly grateful to have been given this opportunity by the Lord. Therefore, I will thoroughly answer your question on how to become a Christian. Here is my answer that I have specifically typed out for you, Bee, right now, because I care for you, my friend.

Let me start by looking at what you mentioned first. So, when you say “I want to repent for my sins”, I see it relating to this Bible verse:

Matthew 3:2 “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (ESV).

To repent Μετανοεῖτε (Metanoeite) means to recognize that you have sin. The fact that you want to repent for your sins means that you indeed recognize that you have sin. That is evidence that you are already in the state of repentance μετανοίας (metanoias), which means, the acknowledgement of a sinner’s state. It’s when a person, such as yourself. realizes they are a sinner.

Truly, I say, all humans, the descendants of Adam, are all sinners. Sin וְחָטָ֖אתִי wə-ḥā-ṭā-ṯî OT ἁμαρτίας (hamartias) NT is defined as disobedience from God, Yahweh, the One True God. We have all broken the Law of the Lord. All humans are born with Original Sin, inherited from Adam. (Romans 5:12). Even the smallest sin is disobedience. This is the truth; I am a sinner because I have committed many sins. As the Bible says:

Ecclesiastes 7:20 “Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.” (ESV).

The cost of sin is death. (Romans 6:23). That’s why people die. Yet, God wants everyone to happily forever, He does not want us to be dead! Therefore, God became flesh as Jesus Christ. (John 1:1, John 1:14, John 10:30). Jesus Christ was born of a virgin to avoid Original Sin. (Isaiah 7:14). Jesus Christ had the appearance of a man. (1 Timothy 2:5). Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, free from all sin, completely sinless. (2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15). Jesus Christ was crucified, killed and resurrected 3 days later, showing that the cost of sin was fully paid off. (Matthew 27:35, Matthew 16:21, Hebrews 9:14).

1 Corinthians 15:22: “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive." (ESV).

For you, Bee, to become a Christian, you must believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone. Turn to the Lord Jesus Christ with faith only, not of good works. Our good works do not save us. Because we are not good, we are evil, we all have sin. Without God, all of our works are like filthy rags. (Isaiah 64:6). You cannot spell GOOD without GOD! It is impossible for we, as mere humans, to save ourselves from sin. But God can, and God will.

Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” (NIV).

We did nothing to earn this gift of grace. (Romans 4:5). God gave it to us out of His great love and mercy to us. (Romans 11:6). Our salvation is freely given to us, as the blood of Christ is sprinkled on the mercy seat of Heaven (Hebrews 4:16). The blood of Jesus washes away all our sins by faith alone in Him (1 Peter 1:19). We are not saved by obeying the commandments, because every human broke them (Romans 3:28). Trying to be a good person by helping the poor does not save us, because we are still dirty (Galatians 2:16). It’s about cleaning the sin, this dirt, we are born with.

When a person believes in Christ, Bee, they permanently gain the Holy Spirit, who is God (2 Corinthians 3:17). This Spirit of Righteousness is what gives us permanent life. Because sin = death and life = God = no sin. He alone permanently makes us clean! Jesus is the only way to Heaven. (John 14:6). What makes me a Christian, bee, is the Holy Ghost that dwells inside of me. It is the Lord’s seal of approval! I was once lost, an atheist, and then I was found! (Luke 15:24). So, once we are saved, we cannot lose our salvation, we are always saved! (John 10:28). Only then do our works truly become good, because the Holy Spirit, God, dwelling inside, make them good. (Romans 11:29)!

Ephesians 1:13 “In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit” (ESV).

Who will gain the Holy Spirit of Permanent Life? Everybody! Because eventually, everyone will choose to believe in Jesus Christ to have their wrongdoings blotted out (Romans 11:32). Therefore, everyone will go to Heaven. A perfect paradise where there is no more suffering and no more pain, where all death is gone! (Revelation 21:4). It’s like how you, Bee my friend, have chosen to email me asking to become a Christian. I am honored and humbled you have messaged me, so I hope this response has answered your question, Bee. :) No matter how long it takes, all people will realize their sin and recognize their need for a saviour from sin. All people, everywhere, will believe in Christ with faith alone to be saved (2 Corinthians 5:19). Amen. <3

Romans 5:18 “Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.” (NIV).

The LORD God blesses you with this truth my friend (Psalm 145:18). I hope you have a wonderful day today!

--
- Harold Samson(g) www.jesus-saves-all.com
Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. :)
In response to Harold's OP Title, I'll add 3 passages myself on how to be saved -

"Now I would remind you, brethren, in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand, by which you are saved, if you hold it fast—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me." (1Cor 15:1-8 RSV)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God— not because of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." (Eph 2:8-10 RSV)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him." (John 3:16-17 RSV)

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is useless to attempt reasoning with a homophobic person whose "credentials" seem to be only his twisted hatred. The verse reads: "the men, leaving the natural use of the woman" which means in our terminology, heterosexuals leaving their women. That is shown in the historical context as quoted from a Greek philosopher of Paul's day. That philosopher saw the same thing Paul did -

From the Greek philosopher Dio Chrysostom (40-110 AD) in The Seventh or Euboean Discourse

Phrasing lifted from text numbered 133 through 152

"In dealing with brothel-keepers and their trade we must certainly betray no weakness as though something were to be said on both sides, but must sternly forbid them...Such men bring individuals together in union without love and intercourse without affection, and all for the sake of filthy lucre...For evils are never wont to remain as they are; they are ever active and advancing to greater wantonness if they meet no compelling check...Indeed, beginning with practices and habits that seem trivial and allowable, it acquires a strength and force that are uncontrollable, and no longer stops at anything...Now at this point we must assuredly remember that this adultery committed with outcasts, so evident in our midst and becoming so brazen and unchecked, is to a very great extent paving the way to hidden and secret assaults upon the chastity of women and boys of good family...The man whose appetite is insatiate in such things, when he finds there is no scarcity, no resistance, in this field, will have contempt for the easy conquest and scorn for a woman's love, as a thing too readily given — in fact, too utterly feminine — and will turn his assault against the male quarters, eager to befoul the youth who will very soon be magistrates and judges and generals, believing that in them he will find a kind of pleasure difficult and hard to procure. His state is like that of men who are addicted to drinking and wine-bibbing, who after long and steady drinking of unmixed wine, often lose their taste for it and create an artificial thirst by the stimulus of sweatings, salted foods, and condiments."

St. John Chrysostom (349-407AD) also saw this when he wrote on Rom. 1:27 -

"...he deprives them of excuse, by saying of the women, that 'they changed the natural use.' For no one, he means, can say that it was by being hindered of legitimate intercourse that they came to this pass, or that it was from having no means to fulfil their desire that they were driven into this monstrous insaneness. For the changing implies possession. Which also when discoursing upon the doctrines he said, 'They changed the truth of God for a lie.' And with regard to the men again, he shows the same thing by saying, 'Leaving the natural use of the woman.' And in a like way with those, these he also puts out of all means of defending themselves by charging them not only that they had the means of gratification, and left that which they had, and went after another, but that having dishonored that which was natural, they ran after that which was contrary to nature."

Another Christian source,
In 1878 the Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown commentary was published, and on Rom. 1:27 it states in part:

"Observe how, in the retributive judgment of God, vice is here seen consuming and exhausting itself. When the passions, scourged by violent and continued indulgence in natural vices, became impotent to yield the craved enjoyment, resort was had to artificial stimulants by the practice of unnatural and monstrous vices."

I do NOT rely upon my "credentials", I give quotes from those far more knowledgeable than I, and give the URL when possible so readers can see for themselves.
Let's try this again, "men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful".

Sounds like you suffer from BiblePhobia and struggle with the English Language.

Last edited: