How to cast out devils?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fast and pray. I find it effective to fast for three days only drinking water. I did that a few times and had a darkness leave me and was part of healings that God provided.

Matthew 17:21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll share this video.

Casting/driving out demons/devils is one thing. Keeping them out is harder work.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One is going to have to speak words of faith and command the devil to get OUT in Jesus Name!

If one does not believe what Jesus taught in Mark 11:23-26... the devil won't be going anywhere. disagree.gif

Mark 11:23-26
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Notice in verse 23 Jesus is acting on His own teaching?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a partial quote, what does God's Word say is the definition of resisting the devil?
I could have quoted the entire paragraph, but that would be 221 words. Few people have the patience to read 221 words just to get to the one sentence I wanted to highlight.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't even quote all of verse 7

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Point being... if one is not submitting themselves unto the Lord... they can resist the devil all the want and he'll just laugh and bring forth more destruction and hard times to one's life.

Part of submitting to the Lord is to cast the devil out in Jesus Name... these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils (Mark 16:17), and this involves acting on Mark 11:23,24 by speaking to the devil in Jesus Name telling to depart (like Jesus did) which would be speaking to the mountain and maintaining forgiveness for anyone that has done us dirty.

If we do not exercise our authority over the devil in Jesus Name and tell him to get... he won't be going anywhere and sadly this is the exact problem lots of Christians have as they experience continual demonic attacks in their lives... the demons have their pastor tell them God is doing this to them to teach them some stuff clueless-doh.gif

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... you don't know enough about it to say how then?
I know the ways. They are in the NT. Why take my word? Most churches don't have a clue because Satan has invaded them and even preaching in them.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,