How to Test the Spirits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Spirit is not who claims they have it, as we see many do that to Christ.
How would you know who was Born Again and who isn’t?
The Spirit is who proves, proving all things. ( holding fast that which is good)
Where does the Spirit prove all things, where is His written word delivered to?
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
The word of God is Alive and Active...where is the Spirit of God Alive and Active?

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Strife if you take time to read it, is devilish.

Peace is from heaven in meekness.

Exaltation is hell, humility is heaven.

Kindness is understanding, there is no understanding in words/text, there is truth in the ministry PROVEN. ( approving)

2 Corinthians 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Indeed.

My question to you is.

How would you know this...as it’s Gods written word where else do we need to know this?
There is no question to me, there is belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the eyewitnesses, or there is private interpretation( vain questions and vain answers)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no question to me, there is belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the eyewitnesses, or there is private interpretation( vain questions and vain answers)
You post the written word.

Where is the written word delivered to?

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
James 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is the death and resurrection of Jesus.

There is also the Spiritual rebirth...Spirit gives birth to spirit?

We must be Born Of The Spirit, why?

What needs to be Born of the Spirit @gordon7 ?

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Evidenced in every one being slow to speak, slow to wrath, and instead SWIFT to HEAR. ( THIS IS THE RIGHRTEOUSNESS WHCH IS OF GOD.)

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Not to hear the cunningly devised fables of the predicted many false teachers among us, that would be crazy.

But until the day star arises, to not hear those of private interpretation.

Not hear those of strife.

Hear peace, hear that peace in the ones approving the ministry, who are the ONLY EYEWITNESSESD of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Cassandra

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We must receive God’s Living word, before we can ever understand His written word...

As the word of God was written under the influence/ inspired by the Holy Spirit...it can only be understood in our spirit...as children of God as there his Spirit resides in our spirit.permanently.

Discernment is a gift from the Spirit..It means “to understand or know something through the power of the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14​

King James Version​

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

New Living Translation
But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

English Standard Version
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Standard Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned
and the question now is , HOW does one know one is serving the SPIRIT or serving the carnal mind .
SEE that be the question .
SO allow me some parting scripture .
THE FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all goodness , righteousness , and TRUTH
proving what is acceptable to GOD . sin and sins are not acceptable to GOD .
now how did we all once serve satan the prince of the air the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobendiance .
WE all once had our conversation with him through , THE LUSTS OF THE FLESH . SIN baby .
SO HOW COME i see SINS getting honored . HOW COME I SEE Those who profess to know JESUS
also professing muslims and other false religoins serve the same GOD we do .
CAUSE THAT SURE AINT THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT NOW IS IT . GOD TESTIED OF JESUS CHRIST
OF JESUS CHRIST . not of them false religoins , but OF JESUS CHRIST .
AND GOD never was and never will be a supporter of ANY SIN , SPECIALLY THE SIN OF UNBELIEF . man
i guess folks can see why i am so often hated . BUT YET TRUTH I DID JUST SAY .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and the question now is , HOW does one know one is serving the SPIRIT or serving the carnal mind .
SEE that be the question .
SO allow me some parting scripture .
THE FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all goodness , righteousness , and TRUTH
proving what is acceptable to GOD . sin and sins are not acceptable to GOD .
now how did we all once serve satan the prince of the air the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobendiance .
WE all once had our conversation with him through , THE LUSTS OF THE FLESH . SIN baby .
SO HOW COME i see SINS getting honored . HOW COME I SEE Those who profess to know JESUS
also professing muslims and other false religoins serve the same GOD we do .
CAUSE THAT SURE AINT THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT NOW IS IT . GOD TESTIED OF JESUS CHRIST
OF JESUS CHRIST . not of them false religoins , but OF JESUS CHRIST .
AND GOD never was and never will be a supporter of ANY SIN , SPECIALLY THE SIN OF UNBELIEF . man
i guess folks can see why i am so often hated . BUT YET TRUTH I DID JUST SAY .
We are still to Love and respect those who have been indoctrinated or led astray.

We are not to stand in judgement of them...we leave them to God....trust me Brother,Bible bashing as they call it here, will get you nowhere.

We shouldn’t force what we believe to be God’s truth...down peoples throats...that is not of God..,,You imo shouldn’t address anyone personally...

If God leads us to preach His truth, then that’s a different matter....there is no point in preaching in your own strength...you end up “ burning out” been there done all that...

If you believe the Lord is leading you to preach what you preach..then who am I to judge you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are still to Love and respect those who have been indoctrinated or led astray.

We are not to stand in judgement of them...we leave them to God....trust me Brother,Bible bashing as they call it here, will get you nowhere.

We shouldn’t force what we believe to be God’s truth...down peoples throats...that is not of God..,,You imo shouldn’t address anyone personally...

If God leads us to preach His truth, then that’s a different matter....there is no point in preaching in your own strength...you end up “ burning out” been there done all that...

If you believe the Lord is leading you to preach what you preach..then who am I to judge you.
I do love them , ITS why I warn them .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ponder on this rita . if i warned my child to get away from a lake of ice
cause i knew it had thin ice , DOES THAT MEAN I DONT LOVE MY CHILD .
PLEASE , everyone hear me , i am only warning because I LOVE . please get back in the bible now .
I am not the hater christendom now believes me to be . it has fallen for a lie , well many within it have . not all , but many have .
I want souls saved . I want GOOD for everyone , even FOR THOSE who called me anti christ
who despised me , even for the gays who screamed at me . STILL I DESIRE THEIR GOOD .
WE GOTTA LEARN FOR OURSELVES people . the bible is full of TRUTH . GET back in it .
i dont care that more and more hate me , i care only about their souls and desire only good for them .
MANY are not gonna make it rita .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ponder on this rita . if i warned my child to get away from a lake of ice
cause i knew it had thin ice , DOES THAT MEAN I DONT LOVE MY CHILD .
PLEASE , everyone hear me , i am only warning because I LOVE . please get back in the bible now .
I am not the hater christendom now believes me to be . it has fallen for a lie , well many within it have . not all , but many have .
I want souls saved . I want GOOD for everyone , even FOR THOSE who called me anti christ
who despised me , even for the gays who screamed at me . STILL I DESIRE THEIR GOOD .
WE GOTTA LEARN FOR OURSELVES people . the bible is full of TRUTH . GET back in it .
i dont care that more and more hate me , i care only about their souls and desire only good for them .
MANY are not gonna make it rita .
if you believe you are called to preach this, then carry on.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

warning people is not bible bashing . bible bashing in large was invented cause people didnt want to be corrected
or to even hear the truth and the leaders of churches just wanted the easiset path and to make excuse for why THEY DONT CORRECT .
people are too afraid of man , of not being accepted , of not having an easy life in this world .
They care more for money or what is easiest of them . NOT FOR THE SHEEP . NOT FOR THE SHEEP .
WELL BY GRACE I DO CARE FOR THE PEOPLE . and this has cost me a lot rita . but yet to me what i have lost in this world
is but dung to me . my desire is GOOD FOR THE SOULS OF MEN . it dont matter what this world or men do to me .
what matters to me is , that SOULS are saved , what is best for THEM .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@amigo de christo

Short commentary.

What is the gift of Spirit exhortation?
Exhortation is the gift of exceptional encouragement. Exhorters see the silver lining in every cloud, offer deep and inspiring hope to the community, and look for and commend the best in everyone. Exhorters empower others to feel good about themselves and to feel hopeful for the future.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
warning people is not bible bashing . bible bashing in large was invented cause people didnt want to be corrected
or to even hear the truth and the leaders of churches just wanted the easiset path and to make excuse for why THEY DONT CORRECT .
people are too afraid of man , of not being accepted , of not having an easy life in this world .
They care more for money or what is easiest of them . NOT FOR THE SHEEP . NOT FOR THE SHEEP .
WELL BY GRACE I DO CARE FOR THE PEOPLE . and this has cost me a lot rita . but yet to me what i have lost in this world
is but dung to me . my desire is GOOD FOR THE SOULS OF MEN . it dont matter what this world or men do to me .
what matters to me is , that SOULS are saved , what is best for THEM .
Short commentary.

What is the gift of Spirit exhortation?
Exhortation is the gift of exceptional encouragement. Exhorters see the silver lining in every cloud, offer deep and inspiring hope to the community, and look for and commend the best in everyone. Exhorters empower others to feel good about themselves and to feel hopeful for the future.

Do you believe you are doing this,Brother?xx