How to Test the Spirits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go then.

Is Exhortation a gift from God?xx
in part it is . just like in part faith is . he who exhorts let him exhort
he who teaches let him teach . etc . that is what i mean .
now all can exhort . just as all can prophesy , just as all have faith .
BUT some have been given specific gifts in that area . NOT all are prophets
just like not all are apostles and etc . BUT what each has been given , THEY MUST DO and do faithfully .
JESUS , THE SPIRIT , it works through each memember for one purspose , TO BUILD UP THE BODY .
some have gifts or etc that i DO NOT HAVE . they are just as necesssary for the body as am i .
BECAUSE IN TRUTH its not about us , ITS ABOUT GOD , CHRIST who is working through each one
TO BUILD UP the body .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
in part it is . just like in part faith is . he who exhorts let him exhort
he who teaches let him teach . etc . that is what i mean .
now all can exhort . just as all can prophesy , just as all have faith .
BUT some have been given specific gifts in that area . NOT all are prophets
just like not all are apostles and etc . BUT what each has been given , THEY MUST DO and do faithfully .
JESUS , THE SPIRIT , it works through each memember for one purspose , TO BUILD UP THE BODY .
some have gifts or etc that i DO NOT HAVE . they are just as necesssary for the body as am i .
BECAUSE IN TRUTH its not about us , ITS ABOUT GOD , CHRIST who is working through each one
TO BUILD UP the body .
Did you read this above?xx

Short commentary.

What is the gift of Spirit exhortation?
Exhortation is the gift of exceptional encouragement. Exhorters see the silver lining in every cloud, offer deep and inspiring hope to the community, and look for and commend the best in everyone. Exhorters empower others to feel good about themselves and to feel hopeful for the future.

• Wow
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo

Short commentary.

Exhortation is the gift of exceptional encouragement. Exhorters see the silver lining in every cloud, offer deep and inspiring hope to the community, and look for and commend the best in everyone. Exhorters empower others to feel good about themselves and to feel hopeful for the future.
exhorters DO NOT empower people to feel good about themselves . this sounds new age .
EXHORTERS simply exhort TRUTH so as the body can be built up .
FEEL GOOD about ourselves . THERE AINT ANYTHING GOOD IN ME TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT RITA .
THE ONLY THING GOOD IN ME < IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD . i hate my own flesh . and it sure dont need empowering .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
exhorters DO NOT empower people to feel good about themselves . this sounds new age .
EXHORTERS simply exhort TRUTH so as the body can be built up .
FEEL GOOD about ourselves . THERE AINT ANYTHING GOOD IN ME TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT RITA .
THE ONLY THING GOOD IN ME < IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD . i hate my own flesh . and it sure dont need empowering .
That’s your take on exhortation.

That commentary sees it differently....I agree with the commentary.xx

We all have different views/ opinions/ beliefs....which need to be respected..note to myself.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read this above?xx

Short commentary.

exhorters see the silver lining in every cloud . i dont see any silver in satan or in man .
I SEE only this . MEN that need GOD , men that need truth .
This is more that new age joel osteen stuff . Now i dont say that to condmen you . just to help you see a bit more clear

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s your take on exhortation.

That commentary sees it differently....I agree with the commentary.xx
the best in everyone . the only goodness any lamb has is of GOD .
this is more new age stuff rita . i would flee those commenataries . JESUS never pandered to man .
HE NEVER TRIED To make anyone FEEL GOOD about themselves . RATHER HE exposed the heart of man
and pointed to the dire need for man to repent and to beleive

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
exhorters see the silver lining in every cloud . i dont see any silver in satan or in man .
I SEE only this . MEN that need GOD , men that need truth .
This is more that new age joel osteen stuff . Now i dont say that to condmen you . just to help you see a bit more clear
I don’t see exhortation the way you view it...I can only see clearly if God reveals it to my spirit....only he can show me the truth....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the best in everyone . the only goodness any lamb has is of GOD .
this is more new age stuff rita . i would flee those commenataries . JESUS never pandered to man .
HE NEVER TRIED To make anyone FEEL GOOD about themselves . RATHER HE exposed the heart of man
and pointed to the dire need for man to repent and to beleive
No, I won’t flee commentaries, some can be very educational ,plus God speaks to us through some of them.

God is a loving God, he draws us to Jesus in His grace and mercy...not condemnation @amigo de christo xx

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t see exhortation the way you view it...I can only see clearly if God reveals it to my spirit....only he can show me the truth....
well the fastest way to clear this up is stop reading the commentaries
and you read what JESUS said and did for you and later what the apostels said and did in acts
and in their letters . just do it . you gonna see a whole different approach .
IF JESUS , IF paul , if stephen and others had went about trying to SEE THE GOOD in people
and trying to make them feel GOOD about themselves , NOT A ONE OF THEM WOULD have been KILLED .
I mean why would anyone KILL or persecute anyone WHO IS SIMPLY TRYING TO MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD about themselves .
THEY ALL EXPOSED the hearts of men , they all corrected evil behavoir and sins
they all pointed to the dire need to BELIEVE ON CHRIST . RITA PLEASE just get back in the bible dear sister .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
and the question now is , HOW does one know one is serving the SPIRIT or serving the carnal mind .
SEE that be the question .
SO allow me some parting scripture .
THE FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all goodness , righteousness , and TRUTH
proving what is acceptable to GOD . sin and sins are not acceptable to GOD .
now how did we all once serve satan the prince of the air the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobendiance .
WE all once had our conversation with him through , THE LUSTS OF THE FLESH . SIN baby .
SO HOW COME i see SINS getting honored . HOW COME I SEE Those who profess to know JESUS
also professing muslims and other false religoins serve the same GOD we do .
CAUSE THAT SURE AINT THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT NOW IS IT . GOD TESTIED OF JESUS CHRIST
OF JESUS CHRIST . not of them false religoins , but OF JESUS CHRIST .
AND GOD never was and never will be a supporter of ANY SIN , SPECIALLY THE SIN OF UNBELIEF . man
i guess folks can see why i am so often hated . BUT YET TRUTH I DID JUST SAY .
Where are the other members?

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I guess Jesus knew from experience what it was like to be led into temptation by His Father. He wouldn't have wanted us to be led into temptation by Father.
For it is written, 'Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted by GOD: for GOD cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth HE any man: Bur every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren.

And is written, 'Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He was afterward an hungered. And when the tempter came to Him, ...........................'

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well the fastest way to clear this up is stop reading the commentaries
and you read what JESUS said and did for you and later what the apostels said and did in acts
and in their letters . just do it . you gonna see a whole different approach .
IF JESUS , IF paul , if stephen and others had went about trying to SEE THE GOOD in people
and trying to make them feel GOOD about themselves , NOT A ONE OF THEM WOULD have been KILLED .
I mean why would anyone KILL or persecute anyone WHO IS SIMPLY TRYING TO MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD about themselves .
THEY ALL EXPOSED the hearts of men , they all corrected evil behavoir and sins
they all pointed to the dire need to BELIEVE ON CHRIST . RITA PLEASE just get back in the bible dear sister .
I have a question for you....which I’ve asked, yet you only answer certain questions.

What would happen to you if you had no Bible to read?

Have you been Born Of The Spirit?

Please explain why you keep telling me to get into my Bible?

Why do you “ assume” that I and members don’t read our Bible?

Where do you understand the written word of God?

What does the written word of God line up with, maybe that should read what other word do we need from God that lines up with His written word.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 10:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.
13 For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:
So don't take my advice then and understand how God uses the "Assyrian" title in Isaiah 10 to point to LUCIFER.

Even in that very Isaiah 10:12 verse, what I'm saying should... be obvious, because just WHEN is that event "... when the Lord hath performed His whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem" going to be completed? On the day of Christ's future coming with the "day of the Lord", the last day of this present world.

That means then, God could not really be talking about the historical flesh king of Assyria with that, because that flesh king of Assyria will have already been dead for a long, long time when God completes that future event He said there about Zion and Jerusalem. So like I said before, in that Isaiah 10 chapter, God is using the TITLE of "the Assyrian" as a type for Satan, just as He also did in the Isaiah 30:30-33 Scripture about Satan's future destruction in Tophet put for the future "lake of fire".

Thus some brethren tend to get themselves into a religious fervor when reading God's Word and forget to 'think' about what the Scripture is actually saying.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Here is the bible arrived:

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the bible arrived:

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
Again I ask, how would you know that Jesus came in the flesh?

Apart from posting the written word?

What word do you need to receive to know this is all true?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He must go a year without his Bible.

I would like him to answer.....what would happen to him if he couldn’t read his Bible for a whole year?xx

@amigo de christo xx
If pigs had wings i suppose they might fly .
Why even ask such a question . But lets say i was cast upon an island and had no bible
STILL GOD IS WITH ME . He is who i need .
In any scenario GOD is still with us . In the meantime , since we all do have bibles , lets be dug
daily in them .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again I ask, how would you know that Jesus came in the flesh?

Apart from posting the written word?

What word do you need to receive to know this is all true?
One cannot even call Him LORD but by the SPIRIT
and any who HAS the SPIRIT would not deny JESUS as the CHRIST . they would not follow any false religion .
Those who are born again Point to Christ alone and will never offer up false hope to a lost and dying world .
They would never offer up false hope to the lost religoins by even implying we serve the same GOD .
They would not even offer up false hope to the unbelieving jew . THEY would point to CHRIST JESUS
and remind all of the aboslute dire need to beleive on HIM . Now lift up the hands and let all praise the glorious Lord .