How to trigger a mass resurgence in christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While we reside in an era filled with many famous and charismatic people spamming free life advice on social media.

The last 3 years have proven words alone can never produce real or lasting change.

Within the pages of the bible we see answers to many of our current problems which were written 2,000 years ago.

A case could be made for the bible containing solutions to every financial, economic and political issue we currently face. Yet despite us having answers for most of our problems, in a book written over 2,000 years ago. Most of us do not recognize the value of it.

Life has become easy. Up until around 2020, most had everything they wanted or needed. Complacency has become normalized and we have become too satisfied to want to be motivated, to want to learn, improve or change. This complacency has led religions like christianity into declines. People feel satisfied with their lives and no longer feel a need to look to God for wisdom, protection or guidance.

Given our current conditions and trend towards complacency, what is required to trigger a resurgence in christianity?

Perhaps higher food and gas prices represent a step towards triggering a resurgence in religion?

It is what was required to snap us out of our complacency and help us to appreciate God and religion once again. Perhaps this is what we need to help us to regain our respect for knowledge, wisdom and intelligence. Its what we need to get hungry and motivated.

While life past 2020 hasn't been the kodak moment idyllic experience of travel brochures. The crisis has been very motivating for me on a personal level. It has forced me to take a closer look at things and make improvements.

As problems arise and life becomes harder, people are forced to learn and grow to adapt. Our current crisis might actually motivate us to use our brains once again. Rather than simply following the herd or parroting common opinion.

On the topic of what is needed to trigger a resurgence in christianity. Perhaps a crisis is what is needed.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nah. Time that compassion was shown to humanity. Take us off this planet

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tribilation always triggers fear and uncertainty. When life's circumstances are out our control, people turn to God. Remember 9/11? The churches were flooded _for awhile _ until things got back to normal snd they started feelimg safe and secure, thinking, " Okay, this is not the end ... I can get back to my normal life ..."

But this is the end times, we are in it, "The Beginning of Sorrows". I believe the beginning of the Pandemic triggered it. The Sixth Seal is opened and the Riders of the Four Horses have been realeased. The Ukrainians likely believe they are in it, but aren't they Muslims? The people in Turkey likely believe this is part of it - Muslims too.
But here in American, things are not too bad - but aren't they? The STATE IF THE UNION IS NOT STRONG. We are on the verge of a collapse, likely to happen this year?
Putin has subs loaded with hyper-sonic missiles (7k mph) WITH DOOMSDAY NUKES capable of creating 1600 foot tsunamies. He can set off a string of them along the floor of the Atlantic Ocean and totally wipe out Boston, NYC, Washington DC, London, all coastal cities wothin 50 miles. He can ignite them simutaneously, while doing the same in the Mediteranean, wiping out all coastal cities there too. But in particular, TelAviv and Jerusalem, will be his main targets. While this is happenning, Iran is already producing 90% Urarium and likely has a half dozen nukes to attack Israel. Remember, Russia, Iran, Syria are allies working together. Turkey is preoccupied but seven other Islamic nations will join the attack.
Sorry, got carried away, but if all this happens _ within ONE HOUR _ people will certainly know - won't they? Then the entire world will turn to chaos, food shortages, civil unrest ... a days wages for a loaf of bread. Get ready, stock up. Sounds crazy huh? It is insane. How would Biden respond when he sees these waves come? Get in Air Force One to a secure location. Will he start pressing buttons, sending nukes to Russia? He's weak. Maybe he'll have a heart attack and Kamela Hartis will take over - wonderful ... she'll get em! And who knows what China has up their sleeves. Later on in this scenario, 200 million men army comes from the east towards Jerusalem. Israel of course will retaliate and can destroy all Islamic nations - if they wanted to.
People will actually be afraid to go to church, afraid to go out of their homes.

This all can happen before the summer!

Reactions: Space_Karen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While we reside in an era filled with many famous and charismatic people spamming free life advice on social media.

The last 3 years have proven words alone can never produce real or lasting change.

Within the pages of the bible we see answers to many of our current problems which were written 2,000 years ago.

A case could be made for the bible containing solutions to every financial, economic and political issue we currently face. Yet despite us having answers for most of our problems, in a book written over 2,000 years ago. Most of us do not recognize the value of it.

Life has become easy. Up until around 2020, most had everything they wanted or needed. Complacency has become normalized and we have become too satisfied to want to be motivated, to want to learn, improve or change. This complacency has led religions like christianity into declines. People feel satisfied with their lives and no longer feel a need to look to God for wisdom, protection or guidance.

Given our current conditions and trend towards complacency, what is required to trigger a resurgence in christianity?

Perhaps higher food and gas prices represent a step towards triggering a resurgence in religion?

It is what was required to snap us out of our complacency and help us to appreciate God and religion once again. Perhaps this is what we need to help us to regain our respect for knowledge, wisdom and intelligence. Its what we need to get hungry and motivated.

While life past 2020 hasn't been the kodak moment idyllic experience of travel brochures. The crisis has been very motivating for me on a personal level. It has forced me to take a closer look at things and make improvements.

As problems arise and life becomes harder, people are forced to learn and grow to adapt. Our current crisis might actually motivate us to use our brains once again. Rather than simply following the herd or parroting common opinion.

On the topic of what is needed to trigger a resurgence in christianity. Perhaps a crisis is what is needed.
What we need is for Christians to be triggered back to Christ. We don't need religion....and we don't need to fill the pews with cultural religion. We need actual resurrection life to become the standard for the church as it was in the beginning. We need a return to the ancient paths. And that starts with us.

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree that a great motivator for change is pain of one sort or another.

I don't think followers of Christ need an external mechanism to change; although, such a mechanism might engender repentance. Followers of Christ are called to deny themselves and take up their cross. If we aren't doing that already, are we really following?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah. Time that compassion was shown to humanity. Take us off this planet

Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2-12-23

Hello Space_Karen, and how are yoy all?
  • Luke 21

What does it mean to watch and pray? The first time Jesus told His disciples to "watch and pray" was in Luke 21 when He cautioned His disciples to live as though the end of days was just around the corner. He says many hearts will be weighted down with the things of this world and many people will be surprised that the end has come.

People also ask

Why did Jesus say to 'watch and pray'?The second time Jesus said to "watch and pray" was during the night before His crucifixion. He was in the garden praying and wanted His disciples to join Him. As He prayed, He notices that the disciples had fallen asleep. He told them to watch and pray to avoid temptation ( Matthew 26:41 ). Today many talk about our need to "watch and pray."

How many times did Jesus tell his disciples to “watch and pray”?Jesus told His disciples to “watch and pray” several times. This phrase occurs only three times in the New Testament. Here they are, Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (KJV) Matthew 26:41 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. (KJV) Mark 13:33

Love, Walter and Debbie​

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good topic, thanks.

When Covid arrived we saw a "resurgence" in Christianity. Same with 9/11.
Typically we find our way out of a crisis and things go back to normal.
We may have a few that stick with it, bit the majority go back to life as before the crisis.

In my view, Christianity is NOT the solution, Christianity is the problem.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
My friend has been missed . You are prayed for my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, my friend. I still am not here often, and when I am, I write few posts. Perhaps in the future that will change, but as God wills, so let it be.
I know my friend . just know you are missed . But yeah i do understand my friend .
ONE DAY ALL the lambs through all generations will be together WITH THE LORD who saved and kept them .
IN a home where we will never suffer again . In a world where evil will exist no more .
Till then THE LORD is still with us no matter what we face or go through . LET ALL that has breath PRAISE THE LORD

Reactions: amadeus