How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today my pastor and his wife met with the director of the pregnancy outreach where I volunteered. It was such a great meeting, Holy Spirif filled and my heart was so full afterwards.

I'm just so glad they got to meet the ladies that care about me so much.

I'm losing about half a pound a week. I will take it. In a year, thats 26 pounds! I made a list of all the things have helped me and there were eleven things that I shared with a Christian Women's weightloss group.

Eating recommended portion sizes was a big challenge before I switched meds but now is way more doable.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was feeling emotional and like being super unhealthy. I prayed to God for help. Then I realized I was falling back into an old mindset of not wanting to eat till certain times in a day. I was just hungry.

So I ate some cereal and a veggie burger and had some tea. Suddenly I have the strength to keep on.

I had an awesome time with the Lord this morning. It was as if Jesus was right in front of me. I'm trying to read the book of Mark slowly. Slower than I did Matthew at least.

I love my NKJV note takers Bible. Its so nice to make little comments in the margins.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm concerned about my pastor but don't want to go into details of why. I'm praying for him.

I really think reading the Bible through in context is better than most devotionals. Just yesterday I was in the book of Mark and found myself asking hard questions based off Jesus' words.

I feel almost like many devotionals try to guide you to that place, spoon fed style but until you get hungry yourself and feel the urgency to feed yourself, it doesn't seem as effective.

I love the Bible Study Im doing but there's nothing better than notes and a Bible.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My day was great I went to my first fellowship meeting, the brothers and sisters were friendly and made my Fiancé and I very comfortable, I was a little nervous as it was my first time, but it felt good hearing the word of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Palm Sunday was NOT the best day to debut the church's new AV system. This was one of those days we tech-guys dread.

But everything worked just fine during the practice runs.

The real thing was a goat rodeo from the Procession of the Palms to the closing Benediction.

Murphy's law.

Sigh. :oops:

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was saving a pretty outfit for a day I realized may not come soon enough. But Im an adult. I don't need an excuse to wear that cute outfit.

Someone once said we need healthy and safe ways to rebel. Maybe wearing a sundress and heels to do regular errands is my way.

I know God made me so interesting. The culture of dress around me is extremely casual but that just isn't my thing. I've tried to look for more casual clothes but I know Ill never wear them if I purchase them. I basically like to look like a 60's lady going to church all the time. Lol.

The most important clothing of course is a gentle and quiet spirit and good works. And of course, a smile!

I am in the book of Mark and it is blessing me. Am I doing the will of the Father? Is what comes out of me defiling me?

I don't know what Id do without my husband's encouragement at times. He may not understand every emotion I go through but his calm logical honesty grounds me.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am looking into joining a weekly prayer walk to pray over an abortion clinic!
Yes I think abortions serve a purpose in the medical community for certain dangerous conditions, but it is widely abused these days.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night I cried out to the Lord, crying cause someone took a photo and I felt I looked so big and puffy.

But the Lord's gentle spirit spoke comfort to me in that moment.

I have to wait on the mountain to move.

I can do this. Not with my strength but with His.

I cannot do this weight loss thing on my own. I cannot hold back the tide of tempting thoughts about food, and remove 3,600 calories from my diet on my own.

So I'm leaning into God more and more, praying before meals, reaching out to a Christian Women's weight loss group on facebook, and simply believing that if I don't give up, I can lose the weight.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was good. I started tracking my food and stayed under my calorie goal. I also ate what I had planned last night.

If I have trouble sleeping, I will take the opportunity to listen for God's voice and speak to him again.

I assembled the shelf I bought and it now nicely stores a lot of my scrapbooking supplies.

Hubby is thinking of making a major change and we both agreed on it.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling a sense of numbness. Like Im doing my routine without inspiration now. Its been a lovely year but Im ready for ...a baby for instance.

But all good things come in time.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I don't want to move you off track if you feel that counting calories is the best path to weight loss/management. But from my experience and everything I've heard, calories aren't the main enemy... it's carbs, and specifically, the type of carbs. That's the whole basis behind keto. Eating most of your calories from healthy fats, and moderate amount of protein ....most of your carbs from veggies and a little fruit (berries) ....leads yo weight loss. It's easier to count carbs than to count calories. And fats are very filling and satisfying. (Healthy fats: avocado, eggs, healthy oils, fatty fish, nuts, seeds, etc)

Also, intermittent fasting. It's not only good for your health, but promotes weight loss and management. For me, it is much better on digestive issues if I eat (keto or low carb) in a 4-hr window each day.

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I don't want to move you off track if you feel that counting calories is the best path to weight loss/management. But from my experience and everything I've heard, calories aren't the main enemy... it's carbs, and specifically, the type of carbs. That's the whole basis behind keto. Eating most of your calories from healthy fats, and moderate amount of protein ....most of your carbs from veggies and a little fruit (berries) ....leads yo weight loss. It's easier to count carbs than to count calories. And fats are very filling and satisfying. (Healthy fats: avocado, eggs, healthy oils, fatty fish, nuts, seeds, etc)

Also, intermittent fasting. It's not only good for your health, but promotes weight loss and management. For me, it is much better on digestive issues if I eat (keto or low carb) in a 4-hr window each day.
Quality definitely matters insteae of just calories. I have been eating more fruits and vegetables and it has me feeling pretty good.

I have tried intermittent fasting before. I can consider trying it again.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spend the evening helping my learning-disabled stepson with his taxes. It used to be you could go to the public library and get the forms. Not anymore. I walked him through using Turbo Tax, which helps by eliminate the arithmetic, which stresses him out. He seems comfortable using the laptop, though he daily uses a tablet. I don't know how he's going to do it after we pass on, though.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How was your day?
OP ^

Days have run one into another this past month.
Have had a death in the family, funeral, traveled 3,000 miles, 3 weeks caring for a family member recovering from surgery, helped one of our female goats deliver 3 baby’s, regular things of spring cleaning, planting garden, clearing branches in the woods from crazy high winds and the wild flowers are beginning to bloom, already have picked a bouquet. And here we are approaching Easter... God is Good.

Glory to God,
Taken

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't seem to hear God's voice anymore. ..

I still go to church, I still read my Bible, I still fight temptations....but its very dry. Uninspired.

Itll be okay. I trust God. He'll bring me through this.