How would you reach out to a non-believer in a way that it doesn't sound fake but real?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi all,
I don't think non-believers/non-Christians will be receptive to certain things we say as we reach out to others. How would you start to reach out to others?
I think I would start with, do you know Jesus? Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. Over 2000 years ago he lived a sinless life and died on the cross for our sins in Calvary and raised up again on the third day, conquering sin and death once and for all. He promised and told his disciples that there will be another Helper, the Holy Spirit in place of Him in the world as he leaves the world and goes back to heaven and said that the Holy Spirit will speak to His disciples whatever He hears from the Father God. Now he's giving everyone a chance to repent of their sins and be baptized before he destroys Satan and his followers once and for all. by being baptized, you will receive the Holy Spirit to speak to you and he wants us to walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh. There's also another part - that is being "born again". God has to give that to you. I found that after I read the whole bible, I started to feel born again. When you are born again you will always have a good conscience toward God and will never sin willfully/intentionally; you are a new creature and to begin following God for all your life and you will be saved and get to heaven where there will be no more suffering but only peace, health, happiness and love all around you there.

Do you think it sounds ok?

Reactions: Nancy

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“You think you are getting away with it, but you are not. Everybody dies and one day it will be your turn. Then the bill comes due on all the crap you did that you knew was wrong and did anyway.”

”Bottom line, either your mouth saves you by claiming Jesus is God and your heart makes you right with God by believing that He raised Jesus from the dead. Or you stand already condemned by your actions and face the punishment for those actions.”

“That’s it. Now you know. Ball is in your court. Choose smart. I’m outa here.”

• Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
I don't think non-believers/non-Christians will be receptive to certain things we say as we reach out to others. How would you start to reach out to others?
I think I would start with, do you know Jesus? Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. Over 2000 years ago he lived a sinless life and died on the cross for our sins in Calvary and raised up again on the third day, conquering sin and death once and for all. He promised and told his disciples that there will be another Helper, the Holy Spirit in place of Him in the world as he leaves the world and goes back to heaven and said that the Holy Spirit will speak to His disciples whatever He hears from the Father God. Now he's giving everyone a chance to repent of their sins and be baptized before he destroys Satan and his followers once and for all. by being baptized, you will receive the Holy Spirit to speak to you and he wants us to walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh. There's also another part - that is being "born again". God has to give that to you. I found that after I read the whole bible, I started to feel born again. When you are born again you will always have a good conscience toward God and will never sin willfully/intentionally; you are a new creature and to begin following God for all your life and you will be saved and get to heaven where there will be no more suffering but only peace, health, happiness and love all around you there.

If God wants' me to speak the Gospel to someone in particular, I would take my cue from a few videos I had watched over the years. Peter 3:15. My belief is that we are not to preach to anyone unless they ask, and live out our Christianity while around anyone, believers as well as non-believers, "Be in the light as He is in the light...". Or if the Spirit is leading you to someone personally:

1 Peter 3:15
English Standard Version

15 "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,"

There is nothing at all wrong with your approach sister, We are all different and we all have different ways of "saving souls".

The first thing is that I would be sure the person/persons were receptive and not just looking for a debate. The first question I would pose is "do you think you are a good person"? they ALL say yes to this, lol. Then I would ask them if they believed in God...most say "yes". Then I would ask if they follow the 10 commandments, most also say yes to this. Then the question: have you ever told a lie?...most say "yes", then ask, have you ever stolen something? Then 'have you ever taken the Lords' name in vain? Most say yes. On and on, then I would say okay, so you just admitted that you are a lying, thieving, God cursing person.. so, do you think you are STILL a good person? They will usually here, kind of give a small laugh, and most will and do have to agree they are not.

So, you could (if they are still receptive, and prayer in the back of your mind all through...) go on to say that God's standards are PERFECTION...here's where the unbeliever thinks, 'well, I could never be accepted by such a perfect God. Then I would bring in the fact than nobody can follow the big ten, ever...BUT, God had a plan to bring humans back into fellowship with Him. Also, asking if they ever heard of "born again"...most say yes, but many do not even know that these are Jesus's words! Then onto the things you brought out...His dying willingly for all people, His resurrection, so on and so on.
JMHO :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

Just live it in the way that Paul came to say "for me"--"to live is Christ."

Beyond that be observant and caring, listen, and only speak when it seems welcome; and when the opportunity presents itself, give your own testimony of what God and coming to know Him has done in your own life. Be a witness. Understand that to be more bold than that is to assume something that may not be true...that is, that you may do more harm than good. In other words, be careful not to "offend one of these little ones." And know that it is not we who create divine appointments, but God.

Relax, and walk with God, and He will make a way that we are not otherwise qualified to make.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If God wants' me to speak the Gospel to someone in particular, I would take my cue from a few videos I had watched over the years. Peter 3:15. My belief is that we are not to preach to anyone unless they ask, and live out our Christianity while around anyone, believers as well as non-believers, "Be in the light as He is in the light...". Or if the Spirit is leading you to someone personally:

1 Peter 3:15
English Standard Version

15 "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,"

There is nothing at all wrong with your approach sister, We are all different and we all have different ways of "saving souls".

The first thing is that I would be sure the person/persons were receptive and not just looking for a debate. The first question I would pose is "do you think you are a good person"? they ALL say yes to this, lol. Then I would ask them if they believed in God...most say "yes". Then I would ask if they follow the 10 commandments, most also say yes to this. Then the question: have you ever told a lie?...most say "yes", then ask, have you ever stolen something? Then 'have you ever taken the Lords' name in vain? Most say yes. On and on, then I would say okay, so you just admitted that you are a lying, thieving, God cursing person.. so, do you think you are STILL a good person? They will usually here, kind of give a small laugh, and most will and do have to agree they are not.

So, you could (if they are still receptive, and prayer in the back of your mind all through...) go on to say that God's standards are PERFECTION...here's where the unbeliever thinks, 'well, I could never be accepted by such a perfect God. Then I would bring in the fact than nobody can follow the big ten, ever...BUT, God had a plan to bring humans back into fellowship with Him. Also, asking if they ever heard of "born again"...most say yes, but many do not even know that these are Jesus's words! Then onto the things you brought out...His dying willingly for all people, His resurrection, so on and so on.
JMHO :)
Great ideas/post. Thanks for the replies so far. I thought the bible says to make disciples of all nations, not only to those who ask? but I do believe that we're not to reach out to others unless the Holy Spirit prompts us to and if we're a developed enough Christian. I think from what I remember it says in the bible that you can do nothing apart from the vine and we are the branches. I also notice that Christians who reach out to others are always in pairs, never alone, if it's a stranger. It's safer that way too and I believe that's how the disciples went out to reach to others too but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great ideas/post. Thanks for the replies so far. I thought the bible says to make disciples of all nations, not only to those who ask? but I do believe that we're not to reach out to others unless the Holy Spirit prompts us to and if we're a developed enough Christian. I think from what I remember it says in the bible that you can do nothing apart from the vine and we are the branches. I also notice that Christians who reach out to others are always in pairs, never alone, if it's a stranger. It's safer that way too and I believe that's how the disciples went out to reach to others too but I'm not sure.
Amen. "two by two"! As St. Francis of Assisi said: “Preach the gospel at all times and if necessary, use words.” LOL! But, so true. My dad had finally come to believe in Christ about a year before he died. The only way that happened (outside of The Holy Spirit) was my mothers beautiful kind, patient, soft spoken, gentle Godly spirit. She lived "The Way" a true Christian should. She is also with the Lord. I had 6 brothers and sisters, lost one sister in 1993. But, my mother told one of my brothers that God told her all of her children would be saved. And, though she did not live to see but only one saved, we all have come to believe. Oh how I miss her!
God bless sister!

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @thelord's_pearl,

I don't know. (Being spirit of Christ lead?)

What would you present to me if I said, I wasn't a believer?

What does Christianity have to offer me?
With all the judgement, and condemnation of others that is seen in the world?

(An old 60 year man name Carl just kind of started talking to me about the Parables of Jesus, one like the Man who went out and spent all he had got from his Father into ruin, and then came back, doing good to your enemies, by given them a glass of water, its like a heap of coals on the head)

He also gave me a hardback cover NIV Bible, and my over all thoughts were something was wrong my heart, and then went to youtube to find some sermons preached (Cause church never taught me anything ever when I went as a teenager into adulthood), and found Paul washer, and he talked about an ANGRY WRATHFUL God, and I was hmmmm... I know there is something wrong my heart, and this guy is presenting something but I don't know if it is true, and the quest to find out what the Lord JEsus Christ had done was sought after.

However becoming a believer, born again, just like a child. My flesh was super strong so during my readings I always assumed Jesus was talking to me, and my flesh was condemning others around me because "I was reading my bible, I was the one prayer, I was the one who was higher up then everyone else", and my prayer was to understand better and praying to God, he sent me a teacher who actually taught me, encouraged me, and did not demand that I had to believe what he had to say but to go and seek God, pray, and watch carefully what you are reading and to pay close attention.

Yeah, God was wrathful, but it was on the nation he chose who killed his son; but I did not know that as a child.

How to I share with a non-believer? I still dont know, but the bible is for believers, not non-believers and just getting someone to say Jesus doesn't mean anything.

• Love

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

We must give them teh gospel. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Romans 10.

It is ot about feelings but the fact of the gospel that will bring people to saving faith.