Hymns and Gospel Songs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beauty of a thread like this is I can just go down the list and listen to them all!

:)

Reactions: LILAC

LILAC

May 18, 2021
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The beauty of a thread like this is I can just go down the list and listen to them all!

:)
Yep! I just download the audio version to my computer and listen as I go on about my day. Saves on using up too much data. :)

Reactions: marks

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its hard to believe that "In the Garden" and "Dwelling in Beulah Land" (my favorite old hymn) stem from the same composer, C. Austin Miles.
In his photography studio Miles had a waking vision of Mary Madgalene clothed in a white robe, standing outside Jesus' tomb. Then the words of "In the Garden" just flowed rapidly into his mind.

Years ago, I was going on a long walk in the country, asking the Lord to reveal a lively hymn to me to brighten up our sometimes stodgy UMC hymn singing. The words of "Dwelling in Beulah Land" suddenly played in my mind, even though I had only heard it once long ago as a child. So I introduced it to Jon, a jazz musician who was also our UMC music director. We introduced it the next Sunday and the effect was electrifying! it sounded something like this! While you're listening, listen to the 2nd hymn, "Looking for a City," to see what I consider good UMC hymns :):

youtube dwelling in beulah land afither - Bing video

btw, "beulah land" derives from the biblical Hebrew "beulah" which means "marriage," and so "Dwelling in Beulah Land" refers to a 2nd honeymoon with God.

Reactions: LILAC and markalan

markalan

May 31, 2021
Perth
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love you Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship You
Oh, my soul, rejoice!
Take joy my King
In what You hear
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound
In Your ear

This is currently one that keeps coming into my mind ...