I am DancesWithGnostics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The woman in my avatar is simply someone holding a box which bears the inscription: "Emergency Democrat Votes".

"Hang on, we found more votes" is the caption at the top.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thx for the welcome, april_rose, jane_doe22 and Ziggy !!

No problem! ;)

Well, well. You just couldn't have a better attitude regarding persecutions. Happy to have you as a sister, here.

What a great example for us to follow! :)

I was going to correct you and say that he's a guy but looks like he already took care of that for you. :D

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi DWG. The only problem is that Gnostics are heretics. You are either a Christian or your are a dancer with Gnostics. So which is it?

Good point I didn't even notice that lol

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, DanceswithGnostics. It's nice to have another member. I hope you enjoy it here.

BTW, I know avatars are just avatars, mine is a silly Monty Python scene. It means almost nothing to me, except that I used to watch the show on TV and I enjoy being silly, sometimes. But, I am interested about your association with the Gnostic name. Do you have some affinity with Gnosticism? I do not intend to judge you.

Reactions: April_Rose

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a movie called DancesWithWolves.
Did Kevin Kostner become a wolf when he danced with one?
Neither do I become a Gnostic - I just thought it was a good username.
I have no affinity with Gnosticism.
Any flak I get about the username will be ignored as it has been in the past.

I am neither female nor Gnostic.
I am a male Christian, an admitted heterosexual.

Most unusual introductory thread on any board I have ever been on.

Thank you again for your support.

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, the Trinity Rings avatar that I had before - it drew comments about having Buddhist origins, so I went back to the Emergency Democrat Votes avatar.

I found articles of the Trinity symbols being found in the catacombs - way early in Christian history - when Christianity was still illegal.

I may go back to that avatar - I am trying to "move on" past the election in some regards - but feel a full investigation into voter fraud is warranted.

I am Trinitarian, Arminian, Methodist, Continuationist, Partial Preterist - so I can find something to disagree with with almost everyone, in fact, I have never encountered anyone on a message board who believes exactly as I do on all pointes of doctrine. I am OSnAS - no man can snatch a believer out of His hand, but it might be possible for a person to walk away from being a believer.

I was baptized as an infant (so they tell me, I have no independent recollection of it) but later was immersed at 19 when I was saved.

I have never posted in Tongues without giving an interpretation.

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as HERETICS - I am not in agreement with the board CARM's definition of heresy. I would say heresy deals with errors concerning the nature(s), person(s), full deity and pre-existence of Christ. I do not throw the label of Hairy-Tick on the Oneness Pentecostals or certain Unitarians. So let my introduction thread be a study of what is heresy and what is not, there were Merovingian Gnostics who were way out there - claiming Jesus married Mary Magdalene - survived the crucifixion - went to France and had kids, lived to be 86.

I read a couple books on Gnosticism by Elaine Pagels - I think she is obsessed by it.
Valentinian Gnostics are perhaps the best, Sylvia Browne was a modern self-described Gnostic Christian who had a familiar spirit named Francine. She also believed Mary Magdalene and Jesus were married.

Some Gnostic Christians were martyred alongside orthodox Christians before Constantine made Christianity legal.

YOU can make the final call on exactly who is Hairy-Tick - I have a pretty good idea - but it's ultimately above my paygrade

I dont go around saying who is saved or not, who is heretic or not.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@DancesWithGnostics, please don't take anything personally. We were just asking you a question was all, we weren't making any claims about you not being a Christian or anything.

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not any more Gnostic than Kevin Costner was a wolf in Dances with Wolves - a chance meeting and improvisational dance with a Gnostic occurred - whether in the body or out of it; I cannot tell - and the username was born.

Tell me about this Australian Agnosticism you have going on - sorry to dissapoint; but I am plain ole Methodist with a dash of Mysticism, Entanglement.

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH BTW - I am back to the avatar of "Emergency Democrat Votes".

Thank you again for your support.