I am DancesWithGnostics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This avatar is allegedly the oldest Trinity symbol in the world, it was found in the CATACOMBS so has to be from a very early period of the Church. I had spent a lot of time recently at a board where non-trinitarians and people who denied that Jesus is God seemed to be in the majority. It was said a lot at that board that the Trinity was a very "late development", and right before I was banned at that place, I came upon the idea that Christians in the catacombs had left symbols of the Trinity down there.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This avatar is allegedly the oldest Trinity symbol in the world, it was found in the CATACOMBS so has to be from a very early period of the Church. I had spent a lot of time recently at a board where non-trinitarians and people who denied that Jesus is God seemed to be in the majority. It was said a lot at that board that the Trinity was a very "late development", and right before I was banned at that place, I came upon the idea that Christians in the catacombs had left symbols of the Trinity down there.
I found this:
Ancient history shows that Borromean Rings appeared in early Buddhist art, Viking rune stones, and Roman mosaics as far back as thousands of years ago. Although it was only in the 15th century that the name Borromean Rings was given to this symbol, after the family who used them in their crest. Christians have also used this symbol to portray or represent the unity and characteristics of the Holy Trinity. Because of this, Borromean Rings have also become known as Trinity Rings.

I'm not being argumentative or anything like that. I was just looking for it's origen and thought you may find it interesting.
HUGS

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My query would have to lie with what the Romans brought to the table of Christianity.
I'm not good at history. But there are a lot of different religions/beliefs that have crept into all the churches over time.
I was born a Catholic but when I turned around 18 I became a Baptist. And I don't know what I am today.
I don't hold to any particular doctrine or denomination.
I put away the ones who call themselves leaders and I do the researching and study myself.
At least if I fall in a ditch it's my own fault and I can't blame anyone else.. :)

HUGS

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome! Many things we use in Christianity are very Ancient but many people hate Ancient things. Heck in America we hate Authority that is why so many who claim Christianity make their own ideas which leads to many old heresies becoming new again.

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

* I’ll try this again *

Pardon me, sir. Haven’t we met somewhere before?

I’m sorry to hear that you were banned from a forum. If that forum happened to be TF, it is no more. (As of 11/11/2020.)

Good to see you here.

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes sir, we have met before Matt!

So you mean to tell me I been banned from sumpn WHAT AINT?
lol

where all you non-trinnies and not-godders gon go now, huh?
anyway, good to see you here

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hi historyb

I had checked out a small book on Christian history from the library - written by some Calvinist - but a good history read anyhoo

it mentioned Trinity symbols in the catacombs - I googled some stuff on it - this is evidence of some Trinity symbols found earlier than I would have expected

anyway, Calvinists sometimes write good church history

I saw Philip Schaff's 8-vol history of Christianity in a bookstore once, but didn't have a hunnerd bucks

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mattathias - perhaps all the posters from the forum what aint anymore can come here - there were many knowledgable people there, even if I didnt agree with 'em

Cross over, children, all are welcome! All are welcome! (Maybe even Meshak)

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes sir, we have met before Matt!

So you mean to tell me I been banned from sumpn WHAT AINT?
lol

Internet martyrdom (the permanently banned are dead to those who issue the permanent ban) is a piece of cake. They killed you (metaphorically) and then went out of existence (literally) on the internet. Meanwhile, here you are, alive and well on the internet.

where all you non-trinnies and not-godders gon go now, huh?

I expect some of them will eventually drift in here.

anyway, good to see you here

Thank you.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Nancy

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I refer to it as "they withdrew fellowship from me", 2nd Timothy Group

and you are right, this place is better