Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyways you can pray for me if you want too. There probably isn't any advice that I haven't heard or read before. These issues of mine, have been going on for years and years and years.
If it's okay with you, I'm praying that your trust will not fail. (And maybe that things will get better.)

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be really hard to explain to you these feelings. I'm not sure that I can do it! There is something deeply bothering me. I'm trying to talk to God about it, but it seems like everything is geared to make me feel worse. I was feeling really bad at work today, and when I got home to check my work email, I saw something that made my extremely bad feelings even worse!

I got no idea what God's purpose for creating me and putting me on this earth. We can always say "to praise him/give him glory." But I always heard that God gives us abilities to use. Somehow using them gives him glory. But as I look around at other people's abilities and compare to mine. It feels like my abilities are not good enough for anything or anyone. It seems like my number 1 ability is struggle through life, while I watch others run right past me. I feel like I'm missing out on life, and I spend my day to day just waiting to die, so that I can get out of this world. And then I just hope that God will let me into heaven. Because it's been really hard for me to hold onto faith while my prayers aren't being answered. While I'm stuck right in the spot I am stuck in. I sure hope God isn't trying to teach me anything. Because if He is, then I think I'm too stupid to be able to learn the lesson.

I know that everyday, my Mom prays that God will protect me from discouragement from the Evil one. I think that is really nice of her. But the effect of the prayer seems to be the opposite of she is asking for. It seems like Satan hears the prayer and says, "Since your praying like this, then I'm going to double down on Him, and make extra sure He feels discouraged."

I'm going to say this as an example. Tonight I was listening the "Ten Minute Bible Hour Podcast on the book of Matthew" I have listened to a total of 403 10 minute episodes. I love the deep dive. But I find that my feelings of worthlessness and discouragement are interrupting my thought patterns so bad, that I'm not processing it as good as I could be.

In order to help you to understand my feelings, I think that I would need to tell you my life story. It might take a long time to talk about every detail. But even if I did that, I think it would be impossible to really get it all out of me. Even if I could sit down with a real life consular, I'm not sure that I could sort it all out. Wayyyy back in the day, I had some people I could talk to about this..... But those people are no longer in my life anymore, and these days I'm life is just full of road blocks keeping me from getting healing in that way. I feel angry with God. Angry with Him because I know he's capable of making a way, but is choosing not to give me a way. I don't get it!

Anyways you can pray for me if you want too. There probably isn't any advice that I haven't heard or read before. These issues of mine, have been going on for years and years and years.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This might be really hard to explain to you these feelings. I'm not sure that I can do it! There is something deeply bothering me. I'm trying to talk to God about it, but it seems like everything is geared to make me feel worse. I was feeling really bad at work today, and when I got home to check my work email, I saw something that made my extremely bad feelings even worse!

I got no idea what God's purpose for creating me and putting me on this earth. We can always say "to praise him/give him glory." But I always heard that God gives us abilities to use. Somehow using them gives him glory. But as I look around at other people's abilities and compare to mine. It feels like my abilities are not good enough for anything or anyone. It seems like my number 1 ability is struggle through life, while I watch others run right past me. I feel like I'm missing out on life, and I spend my day to day just waiting to die, so that I can get out of this world. And then I just hope that God will let me into heaven. Because it's been really hard for me to hold onto faith while my prayers aren't being answered. While I'm stuck right in the spot I am stuck in. I sure hope God isn't trying to teach me anything. Because if He is, then I think I'm too stupid to be able to learn the lesson.

I know that everyday, my Mom prays that God will protect me from discouragement from the Evil one. I think that is really nice of her. But the effect of the prayer seems to be the opposite of she is asking for. It seems like Satan hears the prayer and says, "Since your praying like this, then I'm going to double down on Him, and make extra sure He feels discouraged."

I'm going to say this as an example. Tonight I was listening the "Ten Minute Bible Hour Podcast on the book of Matthew" I have listened to a total of 403 10 minute episodes. I love the deep dive. But I find that my feelings of worthlessness and discouragement are interrupting my thought patterns so bad, that I'm not processing it as good as I could be.

In order to help you to understand my feelings, I think that I would need to tell you my life story. It might take a long time to talk about every detail. But even if I did that, I think it would be impossible to really get it all out of me. Even if I could sit down with a real life consular, I'm not sure that I could sort it all out. Wayyyy back in the day, I had some people I could talk to about this..... But those people are no longer in my life anymore, and these days I'm life is just full of road blocks keeping me from getting healing in that way. I feel angry with God. Angry with Him because I know he's capable of making a way, but is choosing not to give me a way. I don't get it!

Matthew 11:28

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you don't attend some type of church then I strongly recommend that you do. I can't participate in person so I watch daily online church. And it helps greatly. I get a portion of the spirit from that and reading the bible. You should have peace in your soul from God.

I'm dissabled and struggled with the things you're struggling with. You have a job and shouldn't feel that way. You should take pride in what you do. You are not useless.

Praying for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your prayers, and scripture reminders. I don't like saying bad things about Churches. But my parents and I have been around to a few churches. Even participated in some... But that was many many years ago. The last church we were members of, hurt us and our reputation really really really bad. Since those days we went from Church to Church seeking one to fit into. We couldn't find one to fit into. After Covid lock down happened, and the last Church we were attending decided to get rid of the pastor. We kinda decided as a family to stop trying to go to Church. I do watch Harvest online, and Pastor Adrian Rogers. Harvest has an open chat that one can participate in, but I almost never get online in time to do that. I usually watch the service after the fact.

There is sin in my life that has been really hard to get rid of. If your patient with me, I can try to explain it. But here is the thing, I can tell God I'm sorry over and over again. But I can't seem to stop the sinning completely. After a while it becomes tiring to say "Dear Jesus please forgive me." I don't think I should be asking for forgiveness for something that I can't get victory over. Depending on how you view this sin, you could say that I've been committing it since I was just 6 years old. The reason why I say "depending on how you view this sin" is because not everyone interprets that part of the Bible in the same degree. Even the ten minute bible hour guy, got to the passage and talked about it for a long time. And then said, He doesn't know what to do with it either. And I think that is probably one of the most honest statements I've heard from a minister. That is why I don't look for advice. I've read a lot, and heard a lot. And I'm glad that some people got victory. But victory doesn't seem to be the same for everyone. That is why I ask for prayer. Maybe God needs to guide me to the correct method of victory unique to me.
What helped me with this is continuing to repent even if you can't get victory. And unless you already doing it, service to others helps a lot to open communication with God. The sheep and goats tell us to help others. And that is what we must do.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother you speak MANY things I too struggle over daily and also wonder why some things just cannot be shaken. Still and all, we (I) HAVE to believe He loves me or there is nothing more for me in this life. Feel as though I fail Him far too much and I understand the constant "I'm so sorry Lord, please forgive me's". We still have to trust no matter and there is no other choice. It's very hard to find "joy" in this day and age and, it seems the older we get, the more serious things become. Really would love to LOL again, lol.
You still have my prayers.

Reactions: dev553344

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hello! You said you feel like keep repeating the same sin over and over again. Jesus said whoever commits sin is a slave to sin. But when Jesus sets you free, you shall be free indeed. There are two types of Christians, one is carnal and the other spiritual. The carnal written in Romans 7, go and read if you want, and the Spiritual in Romans 8.

The newly convert, the babe in Christ, the carnal delights in the law of God and tries to subdue his sins by his might. Unfortunately he keeps failing and failing no matter how hard he tries. Why? Because he is still a slave to sin and cannot do anything but obey his master so that he cannot do righteousness even if he wants to break free. Then he comes to the point of wretchedness where he cries, O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death? (This is a state of hopelessness and realizes that he cannot end his sins with his power and is asking who can) I thank God it's through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Jesus said that the old wineskin cannot be filled with new wine because it will rent. But the old has to be replaced with a new wineskin so that when the new wine is poured, both are preserved. No man having drunk the old wine straightway desires a new one because he said the old is better.

A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. Satan cannot cast out satan. Likewise, we as Christians try to fight our sins with our strength (the old wineskin, the old man) but it has to be replaced with the new wineskin (the new man is to be filled with the Spirit) so that both are preserved.

This happens to us because we are under a school master called The Law, it teaches us that no matter how we try as humans to subdue sin, we cannot and we will never be able to. And then it should bring us to FAITH in Christ. Because with men, it is impossible, but with God, all things are possible. That's why he is called Jesus. The Savior from sin.

Jesus is making you realize that you cannot overcome sin by yourself, but you have to cast yourself before him and ask for his mercy instead and to save you from your sins. And he will do it. He will empower you to subdue your sins by his Spirit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230306-235043_Quora.jpg
    Screenshot_20230306-235043_Quora.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Debp

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Depression and feeling like you're stuck in the pit of despondency and can't get out happens.
A famous psychoanalyst was asked the question: "If you were so depressed even to the point of being suicidal, what would you do?" He said, " I would get my focus off myself and go out and help someone. Then I would find someone else to help." Depression always involves too much self focus, wow is me, I don't have this, I can't do that, nobody likes me, I, I, I, Me me, me.

So a good way is to get off yourself is to help someone. You will begin to feel better. Do you work, support yourself? Too much free time and laziness can make you feel like you have no purpose.
The solution (in addition to the acts of kindness and serving others) is to memorize the Sermon on the Mount. My Pastor assigned that task to someone who was in your depressive state. Weeks later he came back to the Pastor and said, "I did it!" The Pastor said, "And how have you been feeling?" He said, "After a while I kind of forget what I was so depressed about".

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin , i love ya, man i do , BUT enough my friend . See that is the problem with this generation
their call is JUST FIND A CHURCH . MY CALL IS SEEK GOD , FIND CHRIST .
Not all , but most churches are tanking or have tanked .
Its not the message to just find a church we should be preaching
but rather SEEK YE GOD and learn that bible and GOD will bring others into our lives
for us to have fellowship with .
Its just like the group that says , YA GOTTA VOTE FOR SOMEONE .
think on that for bit . LETS say i was a die hard trump fan
But then i met one who said well i didnt vote for either one and wont .
THEN i tell them WELL VOTE FOR SOMEONE you NEED TOO . how on earth does that make any sense .
THE same applies to this JUST FIND A CHURCH . NO , ITS FIND THE CHURCH THAT TEACHES N PREACHES ALL
BIBLICAL DOCTRINE and AGREES WITH THAT GOD and HIS CHRIST .
Man, this is a prayer forum. What are you doing? What are you on about…?

Reactions: Rita

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, stunned, I feel harassed a long time ago.
You and me both bro. :(
I like this guys threads. There’s something refreshing about someone who doesn’t act like an arrogant know it all and who shares his struggles with us.

Last edited:
  • Sad

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how to help people. My job really makes me tired. When I'm not working, I'm not able to do much else. I end up spending a lot of time in bed trying to recover physically from the demands of my job. I often experience the desire to help people, but seldom do I have the answers anyone needs. I need to go lay down because I will need to be at work in a couple of hours.

I'm not going to get into any kind of debate over sin and repentance. I've been around long enough, seen enough to know how those kinds of discussions go. Usually I read them and feel just as much up in the air about it all as I was before I read it. I think depending on how picky you are, you'd haft to admit that everyone has a sin they repeat or is a slave too. It depends if we are talking about big noticeable sins or the ones committed in your thought life.
Well I think you're doing an awesome job of helping people already at your job. All I have is prayers for you. But it sounds good that you're involved in daily online church. I will quote the different fruits of the Holy Spirit because the Lord has those to share with you:

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always think that I have been blessed to have learned early on in my Christian life that my relationship with God depends more on who he is than who I am. Whatever I may think of myself I know he loves me, I know he has forgiven my sins – every last one – and that he is merciful, gracious and loving. Also I know that he delights in me and wants the best for me; that he doesn’t care if I am not beautiful or clever or if I have status or wealth. He loves me for who I am in him not for who I am in the world.

It's always best to remember what the bible says about us, what God says about us and who we are in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

As a fairly new Christian I used to sing this to myself all the time when I was feeling unworthy or doubtful:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

[...]

Bear in mind, you are always going to feel awful about your sin, let the Holy Spirit encourage you with the things to come.

Part of the answer is letting go.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always think that I have been blessed to have learned early on in my Christian life that my relationship with God depends more on who he is than who I am. Whatever I may think of myself I know he loves me, I know he has forgiven my sins – every last one – and that he is merciful, gracious and loving. Also I know that he delights in me and wants the best for me; that he doesn’t care if I am not beautiful or clever or if I have status or wealth. He loves me for who I am in him not for who I am in the world.

It's always best to remember what the bible says about us, what God says about us and who we are in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

As a fairly new Christian I used to sing this to myself all the time when I was feeling unworthy or doubtful:

What a wonderful song and so true, growing in love in God.

Reactions: Pearl

myGodisbountiful

Feb 28, 2023
Montana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your prayers, and scripture reminders. I don't like saying bad things about Churches. But my parents and I have been around to a few churches. Even participated in some... But that was many many years ago. The last church we were members of, hurt us and our reputation really really really bad. Since those days we went from Church to Church seeking one to fit into. We couldn't find one to fit into. After Covid lock down happened, and the last Church we were attending decided to get rid of the pastor. We kinda decided as a family to stop trying to go to Church. I do watch Harvest online, and Pastor Adrian Rogers. Harvest has an open chat that one can participate in, but I almost never get online in time to do that. I usually watch the service after the fact.

There is sin in my life that has been really hard to get rid of. If your patient with me, I can try to explain it. But here is the thing, I can tell God I'm sorry over and over again. But I can't seem to stop the sinning completely. After a while it becomes tiring to say "Dear Jesus please forgive me." I don't think I should be asking for forgiveness for something that I can't get victory over. Depending on how you view this sin, you could say that I've been committing it since I was just 6 years old. The reason why I say "depending on how you view this sin" is because not everyone interprets that part of the Bible in the same degree. Even the ten minute bible hour guy, got to the passage and talked about it for a long time. And then said, He doesn't know what to do with it either. And I think that is probably one of the most honest statements I've heard from a minister. That is why I don't look for advice. I've read a lot, and heard a lot. And I'm glad that some people got victory. But victory doesn't seem to be the same for everyone. That is why I ask for prayer. Maybe God needs to guide me to the correct method of victory unique to me.
I would really encourage you to do something the theologians called "seeking". You need to hear from God, and not from any person. People are dangerous. They can give you bad advice. Even in churches there are plenty of people who can give you bad advice. Even the pastors and teachers can! It says all over the Bible that, if you seek God, He will come near to you. Seeking involves reading good writings(I like Charles Spurgeon), the Bible, getting rid of every single consciously known sin in your life, praying, and fasting. I guarantee if you do that, God will show up. :) God bless. If you fail, don't give up! God can work miracles and give you victory! God does miracles all the time!.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hey AlwaysOnAJourney! recently, I feel I was tricked by Satan to do a sin (something God doesn't want me to do) and I did it, again, next time I won't buy into it. I will keep watch because I felt I lost out and was in the world feeling the punishment of headache and that steered me in the right direction, I doubt I will ever do that again even though I feel like it so I prayed to God I was really sorry and for him to give me mercy, understanding and compassion, etc. What I'm saying is, I feel weak too but God steered me away from it, that I was tricked into feeling it was ok when it too wasn't. I give God the glory. I too, felt like you so don't feel like you're the only one. I get scared I will go to hell too, sometimes I feel I'm missing something and maybe I am currently but sometimes I feel okay like God has chosen me.