I do not like the poppy.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peltast

Dec 26, 2011
As I walked to church this morning - Remembrance Sunday - I was not wearing a poppy. This was simply because I had not seen any for sale, which is strange. Anyway, I decided that I am never going to wear a poppy ever again. It glorifies war, and as such I believe it is offensive to God.

The service was the expected guff - WW1 poetry, and a story of WW2 heroism.

Britain entered the Second World War in defence of genocide. We declared war on Germany because Germany invaded Poland. Germany invaded Poland because the Poles were murdering thousands of innocent people merely because they were German by ancestry.

Why should I wear a poppy in remembrance of men who went to war so that the Poles could carry on murdering innocent people in peace? Would God forgive me for such a terrible thing? I have thought about wearing a poppy in remembrance of British soldiers who served in other wars, but very few of those wars were ones I care to associate myself with. Ultimately I love God more than I love any symbol of bloodshed and inhumanity.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
God made the poppy and, as with most of His beautiful creation, it has been distorted and the original beauty has been lost.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It reminds me of my pop... :unsure:

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
flowerysmile.gif

Lest We Forget

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
As I walked to church this morning - Remembrance Sunday - I was not wearing a poppy. This was simply because I had not seen any for sale, which is strange. Anyway, I decided that I am never going to wear a poppy ever again. It glorifies war, and as such I believe it is offensive to God.

The service was the expected guff - WW1 poetry, and a story of WW2 heroism.

Britain entered the Second World War in defence of genocide. We declared war on Germany because Germany invaded Poland. Germany invaded Poland because the Poles were murdering thousands of innocent people merely because they were German by ancestry.

Why should I wear a poppy in remembrance of men who went to war so that the Poles could carry on murdering innocent people in peace? Would God forgive me for such a terrible thing? I have thought about wearing a poppy in remembrance of British soldiers who served in other wars, but very few of those wars were ones I care to associate myself with. Ultimately I love God more than I love any symbol of bloodshed and inhumanity.

For that matter, why should I be patriotic at all . . . . . . .

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
The American military has been terribly misused and abused fighting useless wars that have nothing to do with America or the freedom of its people,during all of the emotional hype does anyone dare ask why it is that despite the fact we are told they are fighting for America and our freedom our freedoms decrease almost daily....every law is a restriction of freedom and we have thousands of them passed every year...we lie to these young men when we tell them they are fighting for America,they are being used to construct the global plantation,to bring in the NWO...and in some cases just to make a buck...he, ya gotta rebuild after you blow something up.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
The American military has been terribly misused and abused fighting useless wars that have nothing to do with America or the freedom of its people,during all of the emotional hype does anyone dare ask why it is that despite the fact we are told they are fighting for America and our freedom our freedoms decrease almost daily....every law is a restriction of freedom and we have thousands of them passed every year...we lie to these young men when we tell them they are fighting for America,they are being used to construct the global plantation,to bring in the NWO...and in some cases just to make a buck...he, ya gotta rebuild after you blow something up.

It's a shame and a dishonor to those who have gone out to give the ultimate gift John 15:13 to those who would spill blood to increase wealth and power
History has proven the point that this nation has no equal provided we stand upon the rock of truth and freedom against innumerable odds.

I'm less than impressed with the leadership in my life time that hand our men and women a less than noble flag.
Hand them the flag of justice and righteousness and they will bring the world to it's knees, they have no equal.
Someone will have to give an answer for there brothers blood.

I hope that someday our leaders get the message from Nathan who told David, "you are that man".
That the people of this nation listen to Elijah 1 Kings18:30-31 and come out from the false teaches and prophets to chose what is right before the Lord.

Peltast

Dec 26, 2011
Strat, as a Brit I feel pretty much the same way as you do. Our soldiers die in senseless wars, but our freedoms are eroded by the government at the same time.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Strat, as a Brit I feel pretty much the same way as you do. Our soldiers die in senseless wars, but our freedoms are eroded by the government at the same time.

And the citizens do nothing or protest only because the other political party is in power,if its their side they have little if anything to say...,many of the citizens of both nations are political and stuff whores only intersted in making money to buy more stuff or gaining power using emotional hype to hide it all with saying things designed for the consumption of fools like "support the troops not the war"...true support for the troopps is to not bastardize their purpose.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Ok, I give up.... WHAT IS A POPPY? To the best of my knowledge I have never seen a certain flower being worn to church by men, so I discounted that it was a flower as per an above picture. Also, I did not know any poppy flowers grew naturally in the USA as to be readily available. But what do I know, as far as flowers go I could not tell the difference between a wild rose and any other red flower. And where would one wear a poppy?

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Peltast said:
Yes, a lot of American soldiers died in the senseless cause of coming to the aid of allies in need. They are all buried in rows in field in France and Belgium and elsewhere. What fools to honor our war dead. Especially when they died to defend ingrates who don't value their sacrifice.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
terry you must not be very old
This is a pic of the veterans poppies I remember
You would buy one and twist the wire stem around a button or something.
You would buy them on the street from veterans, everybody bought a poppy.

Buddy%2Bpoppies%2Bh.JPG

But this was the early 60s before we started waring for profit
I still respect service men but loth the people that shed their blood under a false flag

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
The poppy idea was originally used as a sober symbol to make us think about departed millitary veterans who sacrificed thier lives so that we all did not have to speak german or japaneese or russian or babylonian

in modern day the poppy is often worn as a feel good symbol that is popular without the real meaning being understood

I am greatful that many poeple have not had to experience war and do not really understand the meaning of freedom and sacrifice

I am fortunate because I have never been in battle or conflict

I have not purchased or worn a poppy for many years

shame on me