I don’t do tattoos

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's funny. The human epidermis really doesn't make a very good canvas, I've noticed. :)
Most of the larger detailed tattoos I have seen on people look to me like examples from the Rorschach Inkblot tests but usually with even less meaning. They appear to be an inky mess like an ugly birthmark with no meaningful image at all.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My flesh and its actions, much less the markings I Put on it, have no bearing on my salvation! My flesh ain't going to heaven. Not my tattoed parts or my untattooed parts.

I do have one plea though... I am a guy so I talks to you girls... You are more beautiful with what God gave you than what you put on your body! Some tattooes are art, but others and too many are pollution and merely graffiti. I can look past that because I would rather look at character and soul!

Hi @FHII

Proverbs_31-30.jpg

I don't know whether the young lady in the picture has any covered tattoos or not, or ear piercings or whatever.

But clearly it's the inward and spiritual cultivation that counts.

My wife and I did talk to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area and it functioned as a conversation started. So if they are really making an effort to testify, then in a sense it's commendable.

I saw a quote from the Bible Belt which showed how widespread it is.

Reactions: Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I got one about 40 years ago. :oops: I'm glad I stopped at one (although I did get it touched up in '86).

@BarnyFife It's interesting that @DaveL says he regrets not getting one:

Dave L said:
I think when I was a young Christian, a scripture or Christian art Tattoo would have helped me stake a claim as a Christian and made people aware early on. It would have helped sort out friends from the start. So I regret not having that as an option during that time. .. If I found myself in a similar situation to when I was young, I'd probably have a tattoo.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad Jesus didn't go to the cross for us with merely some sense of commendability. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have a tattoo that I got 30 years ago. It's the only one I have. It serves as a memory of an achievement I made back then. I don't think it wise to get more than one tattoo.
@devin553344 At around 18 it's often the first really adult decision young ppl make, it seems that many Christian young ppl are strongly motivated from the start to 'nail their colors to the mast' and receive a Bible ref., quote, Christian fish sign <><, etc., on their wrist or arm, because its content may be a memorable milestone that works as a conversation-starter.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's funny. The human epidermis really doesn't make a very good canvas, I've noticed. :)
True story. I was a young pre-Christian married man running my business next to a clothing store where several young girls worked. I had a coke machine, so some would come over for their break. One of them batted her eyes at me and asked what I thought about her getting a rose tattooed on her backside. It took me all of 3 seconds to come up with that answer: "Angie, I think that would be like ketchup on steak." And she stomped out :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From a mere legal perspective, that is.... A lot of Christian young ppl will already have come to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus before the age of 18.
Have they really?

How many is "a lot" and of what does this saving knowledge consist?

Have you taken your own poll or are you accepting the results of someone else's poll to decide how well what men call Christendom is doing?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cryptocurrencies are digital currencies designed to work on a computer network. I would imagine a time when the dollar will fail and transactions will be made digitally through some universal cryptocurrency. There is a problem, though, of keeping those bit coins safe from identity fraud and identifying such transactions as from those of the actual user…

https://www.pymnts.com/cryptocurrency/2022/pymnts-intelligence-keeping-cryptocurrency-payments-safe-from-identity-fraud/[/COLOR]

I would imagine a swipable tattoo enabling one to travel without a billfold. I would imagine this to be identification such as you have on a passport to positively identify such a transaction as non mistakenly from that user…

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. - Revelation 13:16-17

As for me my excuse for not receiving such a mark will be simply that I don’t do tattoos. But… Will this be a tattoo? What other ways are there that will be available to keep such transactions safe from thieves or from fraudsters?
I just wanted to mention that the fed controls the prime rate by altering that rate on government bond sales, treasury bonds. They have no such control on cryptocurrency so its existence diminishes their ability to control the money supply and influence inflation. Without such controls in place, a global economic crash on the level of the great depression is far more likely. This could provide opportunity for a further centralization of global government.

Reactions: rockytopva

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was just taking a little poke at the hypocritical element who use the Old Testament to rail against stuff they don't like, but eschew it when it comes to requiring other things of them. :D
@BarnyFife In Leviticus, the adjacent verse seems to say about not trimming beards; do preachers shave?

Some would say there is a difference between a New Testament believer and an Old Testament Jew in the land under the law.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was a young pre-Christian married man running my business next to a clothing store where several young girls worked....
@ScottA Individual preferences differ widely, although many Godly women seem to think that receiving some ink - often faith based in design - can be done within the principles of modesty and good taste.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have two tattoos and regret getting them if could go back in time I wouldn’t have gotten them.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA Individual preferences differ widely, although many Godly women seem to think that receiving some ink - often faith based in design - can be done within the principles of modesty and good taste.
For me, it wouldn't matter if they were traditional tribal tattoos or just someone else's preference of art-- I just prefer the beauty that is God given.

With some exceptions, I feel the same way about plastic surgery.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For me, it wouldn't matter if they were traditional tribal tattoos or just someone else's preference of art-- I just prefer the beauty that is God given.

With some exceptions, I feel the same way about plastic surgery.
@ScottA I'm sure there is a lot of truth to what you say.

It's interesting that some ppl see faith based tattoos as an effective witness opportunity. DaveL said:

I think when I was a young Christian, a scripture or Christian art Tattoo would have helped me stake a claim as a Christian and made people aware early on. It would have helped sort out friends from the start. So I regret not having that as an option during that time. .. If I found myself in a similar situation to when I was young, I'd probably have a tattoo.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, that would be one I believe that God would not consider to be second rate compared to His own handy work.
@ScottA All the young people with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem anyway to have had them done for evangelistic testimony reasons. Seems like some Christian young ppl at around 18 can't wait to get inked up with effective, witness-friendly designs.

Reactions: ScottA