I don't want to read the Bible! It's so boring....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would Cherubim look like if we rendered a visual of their Biblical description with today's graphics technology?

Amazing.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not. Great visuals. :) ❤️
It's Ok.... Your just not Chosen... No Big deal! It's not like your going to burn is some (Greek) hell for eternity!!

NASB Joh 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws (DRAGS) him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

CEV Joh 6:44 No one can come to me, unless the Father who sent me makes them want to come. But if they do come, I will raise them to life on the last day.

NASB Act 2:39 "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."

NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

NASB Joh 17:2 even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.

You still don't see do you.... 1Co 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
Paul

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Ok.... Your just not Chosen... No Big deal! It's not like your going to burn is some (Greek) hell for eternity!!

NASB Joh 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws (DRAGS) him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

CEV Joh 6:44 No one can come to me, unless the Father who sent me makes them want to come. But if they do come, I will raise them to life on the last day.

NASB Act 2:39 "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."

NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

NASB Joh 17:2 even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.

You still don't see do you.... 1Co 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
Paul
That's saying a lot when all you need do is admit you didn't actually watch the video. Or,read my OP.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the bible read to me and I just follow along with the written... if you have never listened to this dramatized version KJV it is wonderful especially the gospels... it is more like a play with all the different voices for each person.
This will removed the boring.

The NT audio Bible read by James Earl Jones is my favorite. That voice is perfect. I only wish they'd have enlisted him to read the OT also.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT audio Bible read by James Earl Jones is my favorite. That voice is perfect. I only wish they'd have enlisted him to read the OT also.
Yes I do for the OT also do not use dramatized I prefer it just read to me, but for gospels the dramatized is great.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who enter this thread.

If you hit play on the OP video you'll see a wonderful visual presentation that shows the Bible to be anything but boring.

Thanks.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is quite interesting. There are a few passages that go on and on with names of people - we don't have to memorize them.
Names are an interesting study though, even if it seems boring, all those begats and all.

But if you take the names and their hebrew meanings I believe from Adam to Noah in chronological order, their names reveal the gospel for mankind.

HebrewEnglish
AdamMan
SethAppointed
EnoshMortal
KenanSorrow;
MahalalelThe Blessed God
JaredShall come down
EnochTeaching
MethuselahHis death shall bring
LamechThe Despairing
NoahRest, or comfort.
Here is a summary of God’s plan of redemption, hidden here within a genealogy in Genesis! You will never convince me that a group of Jewish rabbis deliberately “contrived” to hide the “Christian Gospel” right here in a genealogy within their venerated Torah!
Hugs

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Names are an interesting study though, even if it seems boring, all those begats and all.

But if you take the names and their hebrew meanings I believe from Adam to Noah in chronological order, their names reveal the gospel for mankind.

HebrewEnglish
AdamMan
SethAppointed
EnoshMortal
KenanSorrow;
MahalalelThe Blessed God
JaredShall come down
EnochTeaching
LamechThe Despairing
NoahRest, or comfort.
Here is a summary of God’s plan of redemption, hidden here within a genealogy in Genesis! You will never convince me that a group of Jewish rabbis deliberately “contrived” to hide the “Christian Gospel” right here in a genealogy within their venerated Torah!
Hugs
:vgood: It's sad to think of the Lords death, but thankfully on the third day Yahavah, raised his Son up again from the dead! Praise be! Brings me back to the woman, in Nain? Who lost her son, and Yeshua came and said 'dont cry.' And He went to the ones carrying the son out to be buried, and he spoke, and the boy rose up again. Yeshua brought the boy back to his mother! Beautiful.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

HebrewEnglish
AdamMan
SethAppointed
EnoshMortal
KenanSorrow;
MahalalelThe Blessed God
JaredShall come down
EnochTeaching
LamechThe Despairing
NoahRest, or comfort.
Hugs
Well done. :)