"I feel ugly"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

The world teaches young women to seek the perfect body, flaunt what you have, and fight for a youthful look.

When I was motivated to change my appearance to look good in the eyes of the world, I was never happy with how I looked. When I was thin, I was "too thin" and not curvy enough. More recently, I gained weight and complained about being too big.

But the devil has a standard of beauty and wants us to be on this constant merry-go-round of discontentment to chase it. As long as I was motivated even a little bit by this standard, I was unhappy.

Some people say that the answer is to simply love yourself more.

But what set me free was God's Word finally sinking in and trading self-awareness for God awareness.

For our own sake, God does not want His daughters consumed with their appearance. He wants us consumed with Him and doing good to our neighbors.

When I go out, I have a choice: do I focus on how I'm percieved or do I focus on representing Christ to people. It's impossible to do both. I must choose.

God sees our hearts and says we are worthy to be loved even if we never turn heads or fail to measure up. It's our inward self he wants us to be concerned about.

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Wynona, You are a rare gem in the world of "fake gemstones".
God bless

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Wynona
Paul speaks of the "inner man" in Ephesians 3.

Having said that, my wife does not consider herself dressed if she goes out without 'putting on her face'.

Concentrating on the main aspect, without ignoring the other, right?

cc @Pearl
Simply concentrate on GOD . I know men who say they cant go out without painting up their face .
Kind of scary i know . But the point is , its not what is on the outside that matters . ITs who we have ON THE INSIDE .
Paul actually meant what he said . ITS the inward one that counts . Dont focus on what is outward .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use a bit of bronzer and some mascara myself. Wynona, i don't care what you put on your face,it's perfectly fine, but that smile is better than anything you choose. :)
I use absolutely no make up myself . How GOD made me is fine with me . IT is HE who created me .
The way GOD made us , HE made us . Simply joy in the LORD .
Or the next thing we know we gonna be approving men with make up too . And that is some scary stuff .
Yet what is the difference . WHY does a woman feel she has to make up her face .
And why would a man ever do such a thing . Lets focus on the glorious Lord . Wynona needs no make up .
The LORD made her . Let us focus on the glorious LORD . We dont need that stuff .
Outer Beauty is vain anyway , it wont last . the only thing that does is , THE GLORIOUS WORD of GOD
Ponder on the beauty of the LORD and HIS holiness .